Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 02:50   #16
BHPian

Hi Vishal..

i had used a CIVIC before and upgraded to CEDIA..

yes i call this as an upgrade..

CIVIC is cute & looks as high value car for the family & friends..but if you drive a civic & then drive cedia..you will know why CEDIA is always the best.

But as you had already had a cedia, you can try for CIVIC
Old 5th December 2010, 17:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^ +1
@deepanonline
May our tribe grow & flourish!
Old 5th December 2010, 18:25   #18
BHPian

@vishaltanksale

Well i own a civic myself and also a Lancer (no not the cedia) i have driven the Cedia and Civic back to back and any day anytime i will blindly prefer the cedia for the given reasons:-
1.Loads of torque as compared to crappy low end of the civic
2.Better and fun to drive.
3.More rugged.
4.You dont need to be extra careful with it.
5.Love the Manual GB.

I would suggest you either to retain your current cedia and do bit of upgrades on it if you wish to or else go for the new cedia again.

I had to go for civic as my mum has leg problem due to which she requires auto.Even she TD the Cedia and she loved it more than the Civic but sadly Cedia doesnt have Autobox so I couldnt get it.
Old 5th December 2010, 19:10   #19
BHPian

I'm a new owner of a black Cedia Sports for less than four days, having moved on from my Astra. I've test-driven the Civic before purchasing the Cedia (of-course), and both of them are good cars but the Cedia has less irritating bits (except for the Kenwood ICE), though the Civic has more "flash" (if you know what I mean). I suppose maintenance, repair and running costs will not be much different among the two cars. My decision to purchase the Cedia was driven mainly by finances; the Civic costs almost 35% to 40% more.

The question: would I have purchased the Civic instead of the Cedia IF I had the money for it? Tough question. But it's mostly a NO, all for personal reasons and preferences.

BTW, someone mentioned the Nissan Fluence in this thread, but the Nissan dealer told me yesterday that is not due for another 1-1/2 years.
Old 5th December 2010, 20:47   #20
BHPian

I'd either retain the cedia or get the new sports. It's awesome.
What's the pricing of the cruze ?
Old 5th December 2010, 22:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenMonk View Post
I'm a new owner of a black Cedia Sports for less than four days

BTW, someone mentioned the Nissan Fluence in this thread, but the Nissan dealer told me yesterday that is not due for another 1-1/2 years.
Congratulations on your new ride. You would have read regarding the Renault Fluence in my post. As for the launch dates, I doubt that Oxford Nissan would be in the know as the Fluence will sold through Renault's own dealers and not through the Nissan network.

Just to bring things up to speed while Renault does own Nissan globally, they have their own independent sales networks. In India too both operate as independent entities. While they might share common manufacturing resources in Madras, the dealer network will be independent. Now, there is a chance that the same company might get the dealership for both of the manufacturers for a given city. However, per my knowledge that does not seem to be the case in Pune and as of now Renault India's plans are on track for their cars to be launched in 2011.
Old 5th December 2010, 23:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for the launch dates, I doubt that Oxford Nissan would be in the know as the Fluence will sold through Renault's own dealers and not through the Nissan network.
Of-course, my mistake. Did not compute.

It's the Renault Fluence and not the Nissan Fluence. I frequently make such mistakes...
Old 7th December 2010, 18:13   #23
BHPian

I have still not made my decision and may push my decision for few more weeks.

Meantime, I got my car checked from other dealer, who not only did good survey and showed me the actual damage.

Lower arm boost on front suspensions (both side) are damanged and need to replace both lowerarms and its gona cost me about 10-15K !!!!

So difference of 40K within the Mumbai dealers of Mitsubishi. Reason to worry for the Mitsubishi owners.
Old 7th December 2010, 18:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi viashaltanksale,

Would you mind telling which dealers are these. I will be driving to Bombay next month and my car will be due for its 3rd service. I wouldn't want to get stuck with the dealer you went to earlier.
Old 8th December 2010, 16:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Driver's car upgrade...What are people looking at

An interesting find, take a look at the page in the link where it reads "People who are interested in BMW 3 Series also looked for"
New BMW 3 Series, Price Quote BMW 3 Series, Reviews of 3 Series Car, Buy New 3 Series | CarTradeIndia.com
Old 8th December 2010, 17:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cedia Upgrade...What car?

I feel the only logical upgrades after a Cedia is - Laura, Altis, Civic, Cruze.

Of course the driving factor is much better in the Cedia BUT if you have to change your car - then I would not recommend you buying another Cedia. Remember the resale value of a Cedia is bad and as far as the car phasing out question comes. It could happen anytime as sales are not exactly rocketing.

I am personally very inclined to buy a Cedia ( used ).

The Civic or Laura would be my obvious choice.
Old 9th December 2010, 01:30   #27
BHPian

Vishal just go for another new Cedia sports as all the other cars like Civic, Cruze or Corolla is not really an upgrade on Cedia.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:50   #28
VMG
BHPian

Vishal
Did you change/upgrade your car(cedia) or not? if 'yes' which one you bought?
Old 28th June 2011, 13:32   #29
BHPian

Going for another Cedia is not a good option. The interiors are no way as good as what you already have in your existing car. The wooden finish on the dash looks fake and the seats have fabric instead of leather. The momo steering wheel is gone too.

Even I was in the same dilemma after I crashed my Cedia. I went for the Laura TSI and happy with it. Though the Laura is way more powerful, it is not as agile and fun-to-drive as the Cedia, and the gearbox on the Cedia is awesome
Old 28th June 2011, 13:48   #30
BHPian

>>>

Please stick with the Cedia if you love to drive.
For a significantly more exciting driving experience, consider the Bimmer 320d CE- but that will damage the wallet a lot lot more.

I do not think the other contenders will have the same (engineering) finesse of the Cedia, with the possible exception of the Laura TSI.

As the Skoda suffers from image issues, it is best to continue with the Cedia; at least I would have, had I been in your shoes.

Regards, drive safe

Last edited by issigonis : 28th June 2011 at 13:49. Reason: Added an adjective

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks