Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2012, 14:42   #1936
Senior - BHPian

re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

I was looking for a 2nd diesel hatch for my dad after buying a Ritz Vdi last year in May. I am utterly flabbergasted to see how much more we have to pay for a diesl hatch since last year. I got my Ritz Vdi with Navi Mumbai registration for 5.65 last year. The new Swift Vdi was my obvious choice but at 6.94 for the Vdi and with all the reported talk of weak brakes, I started looking else where.

Test drove the Liva and the Titanium and finally booked a panther black Titanium 1.4 TDCi.

Make : Ford
Model : Figo
Variant : Titanium
Booking Date : June-10-2012
Color : Panther Black
City : Navi Mumbai
Price OTR: 6.80 with essential accessories and perfume, mats, steering cover, Ganesh idol and car cover.

All in all happy with my decision and pleased at the fact that I was able to get the dealer down by 25k from the quoted price for fully loaded diesel hatch
Old 10th June 2012, 14:54   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled
Price OTR: 6.80 with essential accessories and perfume, mats, steering cover, Ganesh idol and car cover.

All in all happy with my decision and pleased at the fact that I was able to get the dealer down by 25k from the quoted price for fully loaded diesel hatch
Can you please elaborate what was the price quoted earlier and what is it you are paying now? Is freebies apart from 25k discount ?
I have been offered just parking sensors, seatcovers, floormat, perfume and teflon polish. No cash discounts.
Old 10th June 2012, 19:50   #1938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Can you please elaborate what was the price quoted earlier and what is it you are paying now? Is freebies apart from 25k discount ?
I have been offered just parking sensors, seatcovers, floormat, perfume and teflon polish. No cash discounts.
7.05 odd was the initial "printed" quoted price. Yes the freebies are apart from the 25k price discount.

They best they could do till about 15 days back was 6.90 with the basic accessories. I flatly refused saying that I am in talks with an another dealer for a better price. They have been calling me since last 2 weeks asking me to visit so that we can talk. They then said that they could do 6.85 but I said that is not good enough and did not visit them. Yesterday when the sales girl said that will try to do better, I visited them today and said that I am going in for Liva for 6.79. She immediately said that 6.80 is their absolutely last offer and said that she is sure no other dealer can beat this price, I did not push further and gave her the booking amount of 25k but not before they threw in the cover, idol along with the earlier discussed freebies.

Gosh I completely forgot about the parking sensors and seat covers when we were discussing freebies
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 14:18   #1939
BHPian

Booked my Honda Jazz X Yesterday. Got it for 7.22 OTR in Navi Mumbai from Hallmark Honda.

Color : Rallye Red .

Expected delivery date : June 20th (Sadly two days post my birthday !)

Only Freebie I am getting is the underbody coating from the dealer .
Old 12th June 2012, 21:23   #1940
BHPian

Dealer: Astavinayak Motors - Andheri Mumbai
Model: Chevrolet Beat LT (+) Option Pack.
Color: Super Red
Free Accessories: Mud-flaps, Floor mats, Steering cover, Sun-flim
Paid Accessories: Underbody Anti-rust coating, Engine Waxing, Car Cover & Auto-cop Central Lock system (Might add reverse sensors to this list)
Total Onroad Cost: Rs. 576,047
Finance: Axis Bank @ 12% pa.
Expected Delivery Date: 1st Week of July 2012
Old 12th June 2012, 21:35   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Dealer: Astavinayak Motors - Andheri Mumbai
Model: Chevrolet Beat LT (+) Option Pack.
Color: Super Red

Congratulations fornax!
I assume this is the petrol version? If yes why dint you consider the diesel version?? With the news hovering around of a 1.7 lakh duty on small diesel vehicles it would be great to buy one now and enjoy the wonderful resale value later! my way of thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Free Accessories: Sun-flim
Why are you taking this from the dealer?? its banned is int it?? I dont think you want some cop to peel off the films on your brand new car!
Old 12th June 2012, 22:20   #1942
BHPian

Thanks Rambo1o1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
...why dint you consider the diesel version?? With the news hovering around of a 1.7 lakh duty on small diesel vehicles it would be great to buy one now and enjoy the wonderful resale value later...
It's a personal choice, I drove a diesel for 6 odd years and I am done with diesels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Why are you taking this from the dealer?? its banned isnt it?? I dont think you want some cop to peel off the films on your brand new car!...
I agree they are banned, but the cops are unlikely to stop a car they can see through - the judgement should be viewed in its' spirit, not its' letter. In case, they do peel it, my bad.
Fornax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 14:59   #1943
BHPian

Got another Honda in the family; Brio for the missus.

Make :
Honda

Model : Brio

Variant : SMT

Fuel : Petrol

Booking Date : 14th Jul 2012

Color : Rallye Red

Expected Delivery Date : 22nd June 2012

Dealer & City : Apex Honda (Mumbai)

Freebies : Mats, Underbody Antirust (3M), Body Cover, Mirror Locks, First year insurance, Extended Warranty, Road Side Assistance

Others : Corporate Discount 5k + Loyalty Discount 5k (this is from the dealer as between my family and extended one we have bought 4 Honda vehicles in the past one year)
arup.misra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 18:15   #1944
BHPian

Peregrine.

I got a Jazz X as well delivered last week Bangalore.Waiting period was 1 week. No freebie though and the high road tax of Bangalore made it 7.8 in total. I didnt get the underbody coating done though. Is it really required to be done. The dealer did his best in convincing me otherwise.

And ya,

Car Color: Same
Birthday : Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Booked my Honda Jazz X Yesterday. Got it for 7.22 OTR in Navi Mumbai from Hallmark Honda.

Color : Rallye Red .

Expected delivery date : June 20th (Sadly two days post my birthday !)

Only Freebie I am getting is the underbody coating from the dealer .
Old 16th June 2012, 01:13   #1945
BHPian

Booked the Tata Nano LX in mojito green yesterday by giving an amount of Rs 15000. The On road price is coming to be Rs 2,15,000 which includes alloy wheels. I was given a cash discount of Rs 5000 and a dealer discount of Rs 4000 plus Rs 1000 worth of accessories bundled in for free. Now i have three queries !

1. Should i opt for the gear lock from the dealer itself ? They are quoting Rs 2200 for it and the company is autocop. Will i get it cheaper outside ?

2. Should i go for the AMC ? Will it be worth paying almost 6k for 4 years ?

3. I will not be going in for the crappy music system provided by tata. Can i fit an aftermarket head unit and components in the front without voiding the warranty? The Tata website says that warranty will be void . I find this ridiculous !

Please help

Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 23:14   #1946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra

Booking Date : 14th Jul 2012

Expected Delivery Date : 22nd June 2012
Are you sure you got this right?
Old 16th June 2012, 23:30   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post

1. Should i opt for the gear lock from the dealer itself ? They are quoting Rs 2200 for it and the company is autocop. Will i get it cheaper outside ?

2. Should i go for the AMC ? Will it be worth paying almost 6k for 4 years ?

3. Can i fit an aftermarket head unit and components in the front without voiding the warranty?

Congratulations on the new purchase! The colour is really cool too.

1. Gear lock seems unneeded , who steals a Nano?

2. The Nano has a 4 year warranty anyway, why take a separate AMC?

3. The warranty will get voided if anything happens, and the dealer finds an after market electrical fitting , so dont take the risk. Even a louder horn( which the Nano needs badly) will void the warranty if fitted outside.

Once again, congrats and hope to see some photos of your new car.
Old 17th June 2012, 10:50   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
Peregrine.

I got a Jazz X as well delivered last week Bangalore.Waiting period was 1 week. No freebie though and the high road tax of Bangalore made it 7.8 in total. I didnt get the underbody coating done though. Is it really required to be done. The dealer did his best in convincing me otherwise.

And ya,

Car Color: Same
Birthday : Same
Wow, That's some coincidence . Wish you a very happy birthday in advance !

Do post some pics of the red hot Jazz. It is such a standout car in this color - I fell in love instantly !

Regarding the underbody coating - I dont really think it is necessary. But the Indian in me was very reluctant to buy the car without some freebie (anything will do)

By the way, Honda does not seem to be promoting Jazz at all. I see daily ads about promotional discounts on City, Brio, Civic and Accord. But none whatsoever on Jazz
Old 17th June 2012, 11:21   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase! The colour is really cool too.

1. Gear lock seems unneeded , who steals a Nano?

2. The Nano has a 4 year warranty anyway, why take a separate AMC?

3. The warranty will get voided if anything happens, and the dealer finds an after market electrical fitting , so dont take the risk. Even a louder horn( which the Nano needs badly) will void the warranty if fitted outside.

Once again, congrats and hope to see some photos of your new car.
Well i wont take a risk. These days people steal anything and nano is still a car. I think i would go ahead with the gear lock.

AMC includes all the service charges like labour and consumables. I wont have to pay anything for four years except for Battery and tires.

Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 09:59   #1950
BHPian

Had booked the Ertiga ZDi during april, got it delivered last week.

Ertiga Zdi, superior white.
BLR On Road- 10.51L. Did not opt for extended warranty (9970/-) and basic accessories (2100/-) that dealer offered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks