Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2024, 23:31   #16

Re: Replacement for the OG Innova

I know my reply is not going to be nothing new. This thought always bothers me but when I look at bengaluru s govt run vehicles, KSRTCs vehicles the older ones which have been revamped and the regular commercial vehicles and all other older cars which are running on the road the chances are very meagre and we will have ample amount of time to take decisions.
A very good example is the HSRP implementations though the rules are being made we are noticing the deadlines being pushed. The same way you will have time to think about it. If you or I have to think about it I haven't come across any car that can match our O.G Innova.

Scorpio - no space in third row
Xuv 700 - pretty much the same
KIA carens - May be but the drivability factor takes a back seat. I felt the AT is underpowered compared to Innova with fully loaded people. I test drove both petrol and diesel both werent satisfactory.

Innova's replacement can only be another Innova considering the price now it's far from our reach and matches only the rich.
Shrikanth G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 14:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

In the same boat with 2012 Innova diesel, with 1.13 lakh kms. on the odometer. Same fear of ban on diesel vehicles is lurking in my head too, but eventually decided to keep the car. Reason : just like the fear that we are having, the used car market is likely to carry similar fear with may be a little less intensity. This certainly kills the resale value.

Regarding replacement, the closest one is XL6 and Kia Carens. Innova Hycross is too expensive in hybrid form, grossly inefficient in pure petrol guise and Innova crysta, thought available, is diesel wherein prospective buyers end up in same situation as we are in currently.

If you can, try to look for XL6 or even a used XL6. In terms of physical size or comfort, the car comes a bit close to first generation Innova. Second in line would be Kia Carens.

The prefect replacement would be Innova Crysta, and I dont see there is any replacement in petrol below rs. 20-22 lakhs.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 15:09   #18
BHPian

I would suggest you also look at used marrazo. New will cost above 10. It's a diesel, same as the one in XUV 3XO, high gc like innova ,more spacious and comfortable than ertiga and will be available for good price in used market. Only issue is it looks like a van. Other notable option in used market can be a diesel carens
Old 1st August 2024, 17:03   #19
BHPian

Based on majority of the opinions here and that of my heart I have decided to continue running my Old Innova and not look for a replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
Stick to Innova for sometime, I do not feel Bangalore will implement 10 years so soon.
I just hope so. Moreover with the fragile govt at the center such anti-public moves may not be considered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
however if you have made up your mind on a new car, the Ertiga ZXI+ AT is the next best option.
Yes, even I feel the next best car in sub-20 price bracket is the Ertiga. I somehow feel the Carens wont provide the same peace of mind as a Maruti or Toyota. This is just my feeling. I havent owned any Kia car till date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the fear of a ban is the only reason, I would suggest you continue driving your Innova. It is very spacious & comfortable.
Yes, the fear of a ban is the only reason. Otherwise the Innova is in perfect shape. I just completed a 6000km Bangalore - Rajasthan trip in Feb this year will 6 adults and 3 kids without breaking a sweat. More about that here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post5744352 (Rajasthan and Jyotirlinga trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
That would be the biggest form of disrespect you could show your Innova! If I were your Innova, I'd go into depression if you did that!

Wildcard point: You may be undervaluing your Innova's resale value. I've seen 10-12 year old single owner private Innovas going for 12-14L. My colleague recently spruced up his 2013 Innova with nice interiors and a new music system, along with all pending mechanical works. He was offered 15L for his car, which he denied.
I agree with you completely. This is more of a mind v/s heart dilema. The mind says that the longer i hold on to the innova it will only depreciate and the price gap between selling this car and buying a new one will only increase. But the heart agrees with you. Thank you for reassuring my heart
shrinz.vivek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Old Innova is a bit of a pain to drive, it is nice to sit in though. If you like a comfortable and spacious MPV, especially for taller adults - XL6 makes a solid case. The captain seats are good, perfect height for older folks, engine is a good urban commuter.
The most important part of it is that XL6 is very easy to drive , something your Wife may appreciate.
Yes the Innova is difficult to drive. The long clutch travel and the heavy steering tires me sometimes while I am drving. But at the end of the day, before I sleep, I will be looking forward to driving it again tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Stick to the Innova. The Ertiga or XL6 or Marazzo would never give you that level of reliability and comfort. When many are still running their 5L+ run Qualises and Etioses, you will miss that at some point, and also the charm of it if you’re a 90s guy like me. Still miss the 2005 Innova, it’s 2.5L D4D engine startup the best sounding.
I am a 90s guy. There's is some magical charm about the previous generation cars which is missing in today's gizmo cars. A well maintained diesel engine at idling is satisfying music. The gear lever wobble at startup feels like the car is telling me that its ready to hit the highway.
shrinz.vivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2024, 17:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
This is a little out of context, but why don't you check out the Jimny?
I did consider the Jimny. It felt too small. I have been spoiled by the spacious and airy cars like TUV300 and the Innova. Moreover I do zero off-roading and daily expressway cruising. So I need a proper higway car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
I think you are worrying unnecessarily. You haven’t mentioned the mileage of your car. My Innova did 2.6L km without any issues. Just follow the service interval (5000 km can be extended to 7500 km) and you are good to go.
Mine has run 1,60,000. But I give the car for service at 8000km intervals. The reason being that I am a sedate driver. More of my drives are below 100km and 80% of the drives are on the highway.
Old 1st August 2024, 17:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrikanth G View Post

Innova's replacement can only be another Innova considering the price now it's far from our reach and matches only the rich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
In the same boat with 2012 Innova diesel, with 1.13 lakh kms. on the odometer. Same fear of ban on diesel vehicles is lurking in my head too, but eventually decided to keep the car. Reason : just like the fear that we are having, the used car market is likely to carry similar fear with may be a little less intensity. This certainly kills the resale value.

Regarding replacement, the closest one is XL6 and Kia Carens. Innova Hycross is too expensive in hybrid form, grossly inefficient in pure petrol guise and Innova crysta, thought available, is diesel wherein prospective buyers end up in same situation as we are in currently.

If you can, try to look for XL6 or even a used XL6. In terms of physical size or comfort, the car comes a bit close to first generation Innova. Second in line would be Kia Carens.

The prefect replacement would be Innova Crysta, and I dont see there is any replacement in petrol below rs. 20-22 lakhs.
Going by the above posts, I am getting a feeling that us Old Innova owners are in a rare stituation right now. The new Crysta is Diesel and Manual and doesnt feel like much of an upgrade considering its hyper inflated prices and lack of features.
The Hycross is too expensive. So as of now there is no competent, VFM replacement to the OG Innova. Guess we will have to wait and watch.

Last edited by shrinz.vivek : 1st August 2024 at 17:25. Reason: Typo
Old 1st August 2024, 21:23   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I would go with the XL6 AT top version instead of ertiga. But if budget is an issue go for ertiga. No nonsense car.
aerohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 09:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
I would go with the XL6 AT top version instead of ertiga. But if budget is an issue go for ertiga. No nonsense car.
I have a 2yr old kid and hence the captain seats are a hinderence. The middle seat with the lap seatbelt is where my daughter sits most of the time. Also during long journeys we plan our breaks to match her nap time so that she can sleep lying down completely. And sometimes my wife also takes a power nap in the 2nd row.
Old 2nd August 2024, 20:36   #25

You seem to have made up your mind on keeping the Innova but if ever you have a change of mind again, I can suggest you to look at a Honda BRV petrol CVT from the used market if you are open to it.

You have the reliability of Honda, the mini spaciousness of the Innova and it won't cost you a bomb. Just look for a well maintained, less driven and preferably from an owner. I have had the pleasure of buying a 2016 registered BRV CVT only driven for 34000kms and sold by an owner directly for just 6.25 L. I can promise you that you won't regret buying it.

Last edited by graaja : 2nd August 2024 at 20:43. Reason: Minor typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks