Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 19:52   #1
BHPian

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT

Dear Friends,

Am in search of an automatic small car and considering all the factors (price/looks/features/ownership reviews) have zero down on below cars. Requesting your view expert advice to choose between these two.

1. Nissan Magnite VX Premium: (~13L OTR In Bangalore).

What I Liked: VFM Proposition, have all the modern features with Turbo Charged Engine mated with CVT, Great Looks in its segment, 4 Star GNCAP rating
Cons: Spoke to existing owners and Nissan service seems to be a problem, not sure of Nissan's future in India, lot of negative user reviews with rattling issues, niggles and other engineering issues

2. Maruti Fronx Delta Plus AMT (~11.5 L OTR Bangalore)
What I liked: Rides well, relatively new model, Maruti Service and Reliability
Cons: Felt Overpriced for what it offers - No features for what we pay, AMT, Questionable Maruti safety and Build quality

I am thinking to go with Magnite, would like your suggestions before I finalize the car.

Other cars considered, but not shortlisted are,

Maruti Baleno/Toyota Glanza - Nissan Magnite felt more VFM compared to these two models
Hyundai Exter - Polarizing looks, too small in person, cramped interior, highend model is overpriced for what it offers (No wireless apple carplay/andriod)
Tata Punch - Felt cheap compared to similarly priced cars in its segment.
Superleggera is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 20:41   #2
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT

I agree with the cons about Nissan service, I owned Nissan Sunny since 2015 till 2022, I tried different service centers (across Chennai and Trichy) and none of them were satisfactory. If I list down what kind of issues they created during each service that will need a separate post but in single line - they will test your patience and you will feel why we bought Nissan. (But as a product Nissan Sunny was gem of a car).
You do not like Kiger? (Renault service will be better than Nissan for sure as I hear from my brother who owns Duster for last 8 years)
ByKaizen is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:16   #3
BHPian

Hi @Superleggera, hope you are well..

Why have you not shortlisted the Venue? It's a great car I must say, and is quite spacious too. You can consider the N-Line too, if you have the budget for it. Not only for the performance, even for the looks of the car, the N-Line will do justice for your bucks.

If it is to choose between the Venue and the Sonet, the Sonet will be more roomier that the Venue. The Sonet too is a great all-rounder, considering its engine, gearbox and comforts.

You can also consider the bigger Creta, Seltos, VAG twins (Kushaq and Taigun) and the Astor.

Any day, the Magnite is not a good car, and has its own page of problems

Fronx is a good contender, but will surely miss out on a lot of features, and Maruti badge-value will not be respected.

Give it a good thought and go ahead for the purchase. But I personally think that to relive the child in you, either the Venue N-Line or the Sonet X-Line will do justice.

Hope this helps!
mgastor2022grey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:28   #4
BHPian

I would choose the Nissan Magnite mainly for its 1.0 Turbo Petrol engine and CVT transmission. I had the opportunity to drive my friend's car, and I absolutely loved it. Although Nissan's future in India is uncertain, the car itself is really nice.

Have you checked out the Kiger? I haven't seen it in person, but I think the interiors are better based on the pictures.

Last edited by robincsamuel : 16th July 2023 at 21:30.
robincsamuel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:57   #5
BHPian

Definitely, you should go for the Nissan Magnite. I have been using the Magnite, but mine is the manual variant. Regarding the service, I'm not sure about your city, but in Chennai, I have a nearby service center and the work seems to be good. I haven't had any problems so far. As for the car itself, it is indeed a great value for money, as you mentioned in many places.

The riding quality is good, and currently, the best CVT option is available in the Nissan Magnite. I had taken a test drive of the CVT Magnite, and it was fantastic. I should have gone for it, but due to my father insisting on the manual variant, I chose the manual.

In my opinion, the Magnite CVT is perfect. The product itself is good, so don't worry too much. Just make sure to take the extended warranty for 5 years.

And let's not forget about the smoothness factor in the comparison between CVT and AMT transmissions.

Last edited by raptor_diwan : 16th July 2023 at 22:12.
raptor_diwan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 22:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well if you’re doubtful of nissan service, why not consider Kiger? Same car with a different skin and renaut service should be better. Only difference is, Kiger while scoring same 4* GNCAP was awarded an unstable bodyshell rating.

But compared to fronx, both would be better safety-wise. At that price point my recommendation for automatic seekers are either Magnite/Kiger or Amaze CVT(if you’re ok with sedans). Amaze is backed by honda reliability
SoumenD is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 05:18   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

In my opinion, you should seriously consider the Renault Kiger CVT as well, for 50k more over the Magnite (however the Kiger comes with upto 77k discount offers which bring the price down), you could get a car with better ride and handling, drive modes, 4 airbags, cooled glove box, LED Headlights and taillights, along with a better sales and service network.

Another option worth considering is the Tata Nexon XMA Plus (S) which costs similar to the Kiger but comes with an AMT gearbox, a much more powerful engine, 5-star safety, a sunroof, etc but lacks a few other creature comforts provided by Renault, and Nissan.

The Mahindra XUV300 W6 AMT could also be considered but it looks quite dated, and at 13.6 lakhs (along with a 30k cash discount) it doesn't seem the most VFM either.

You could also consider an i20 Sportz DCT at 12.6 lakhs or an i20 Asta(O) IVT at 13.50 lakhs too, the Asta(O) is the most feature-loaded trim you can get under this budget.
bijims is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 07:48   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Dear Friends,
Am in search of an automatic small car and considering all the factors (price/looks/features/ownership reviews) have zero down on below cars. Requesting your view expert advice to choose between these two.

Hello,

From your options, Maruti Fronx seems to be a better choice. I am not sure what's in the future for Renault and Nissan in India, but Maruti products will certainly give you an advantage over RN. Other options you consider are Hyundai Venue, i20, and Brezza as they are reliable cars too.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 09:57   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I love the Magnite's engine & gearbox combination, but am still concerned about:

- Nissan's future in India

- The shoddy aftersales service (I own a Nissan and have experienced it first-hand)

- All the corners cut in the Magnite to achieve that VFM price tag. Am hearing too many complaints about niggles & issues

Stick with the safer brands. If AMT, then the Hyundais. Stretch your budget for the i20 CVT or Altroz DCA. Avoid the Maruti & Tata AMTs, they are too jerky and too slow.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:03   #10
BHPian

I would suggest you to avoid brands like Nissan and Renault. I would rate reliability on par with safety, followed by the features on offer. Among the options you’ve mentioned, Fronx is a much better choice. Also the official reviews mentions that the sheet metal on both the new Baleno and Fronx appears to be heavier than before.
Also Fronx is a newer product and looks way better than the Magnite.
If you are open to alternatives, I would suggest you to look at Punch and Venue as well.
Eco_boost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 09:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

If you're willing to spend 13L OTR I would suggest go for the Venue or Sonet. You will be getting all the bells and whistles plus the ASS of Hyundai and Kia is very satisfactory. I have 3 venues and 2 sonets in the family and it has been a very peaceful ownership experience. Sonet and Venue even offers iMT if you want to have best of both worlds
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 10:54   #12
BHPian

Since you have considered Baleno and Glanza, I want to ask, why did you not consider TATA Altroz DCA. While there is a common opinion that it has a weak 3 pot engine, it is livable, spacious, good safety, stability and nice features for a 11L price point. I have booked one as I wanted something mainly for city and occasional highways around 10L and this fitted the bill very well with a little bit of stretch. May be you should check it out.

Swami
swami69 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 11:34   #13
BHPian

Please also consider Hyundai Exter AMT. Its a good product.
Old 18th July 2023, 11:39   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

What I Liked: VFM Proposition, have all the modern features with Turbo Charged Engine mated with CVT, Great Looks in its segment, 4 Star GNCAP rating
Cons: Spoke to existing owners and Nissan service seems to be a problem, not sure of Nissan's future in India, lot of negative user reviews with rattling issues, niggles and other engineering issues

What I liked: Rides well, relatively new model, Maruti Service and Reliability
Cons: Felt Overpriced for what it offers - No features for what we pay, AMT, Questionable Maruti safety and Build quality

I am thinking to go with Magnite, would like your suggestions before I finalize the car.

Other cars considered, but not shortlisted are,

Maruti Baleno/Toyota Glanza - Nissan Magnite felt more VFM compared to these two models
Hyundai Exter - Polarizing looks, too small in person, cramped interior, highend model is overpriced for what it offers (No wireless apple carplay/andriod)
Tata Punch - Felt cheap compared to similarly priced cars in its segment.

How about the Renault Kiger? It is very similar to the Nissan Magnite, has the same engine, specs, and features. The new update 6.2 even has TPMS, Traction Control, hill control, etc.

With Nissan, its a gamble with the after sales service and their overall presence in the Indian auto sector. I was in the same doubt as yours, and that's when I decided to try the Kiger. Trust me, drive these back to back and the difference will not be noticed. Its go any where attitude is exact as the Magnite, the massive 205mm ground clearance can take potholes/speed breakers very easily like the Magnite. I have done around 5k kms in the last 3 months and I'm fully satisfied with the Kiger.

Have attached some pics to show you some good memories with the Kiger and also the terrain in which this bug has been trailed on. Lastly, Renault India is doing good, I doubt they will wrap up our market anytime soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img20230716103552.jpg  

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img20230714180744.jpg  

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img20230714114750.jpg  

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img20230429174017.jpg  

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img20230307165638.jpg  

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img20230307183008.jpg  

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img_20230213_133036.jpg  

Nissan Magnite CVT Vs Maruti Fronx AMT-img_20230213_133102.jpg  

EshanS is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 12:40   #15
BHPian

Hi,
I own a Nissan Magnite XL Turbo though a manual version.
Pros :- Good looks, turbo engine.
Cons:- Interiors are not that great, Kiger, its sibling has a much better interior.
Though Nissan's after sales services are uniform across India, in a city like Kolkata, the experience with authorised service centre Autorelli Nissan has been quite good so far.

Its the most vfm sub compact SUV in its class. For hatchback/ midsize sedan money one can get a sub compact turbo petrol SUV.

You can check out my ownership review:-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review)

Last edited by swiftvxi06 : 18th July 2023 at 12:53.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks