Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 10:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Should I sell 2 ICE vehicles to buy an electric car? If so, which one?

Thank you so much for the suggestions everyone. It has provided me with some real insight to base my decisions upon. Although I had test drove multiple EVs as a replacement option, I am thinking of re-assessing my situation once again. My preliminary calculations showed that there is some leeway available financially for me to indulge myself with respect to driving pleasure. That was why I was considering a 20L EV in the first place. But I will reconsider it before taking the final call. A big thanks again to everyone who chipped in with their valuable suggestions!
Old 21st December 2023, 05:28   #17
BHPian

UPDATE: Finally ended up selling the XUV and Swift, and picked up a Kona EV last week. Thanks for the inputs everyone.
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:46   #18

Hi

I read the whole thread. In my Opinion you should sell the XUV 500 and the swift which will fetch you nearly Rs. 14-15 Lakhs approx.

And then Buy a TATA PUNCH EV LR Adventure Model @ Rs. 13 Lakh On Road. or TATA PUNCH EV LR EMPORERED + @ Rs. 14.5 Lakhs on Road if you require Large Touchscreen and large digital MID, Ventilated Seats, Alloy Wheels, Premium Interiors, 360 degree camera, wireless phone charging etc.

Initially You can use it yourself for your commute and when your wife also needs a car, you can hire a driver for Rs. 12- 15 K per month and use the EV for to drive to your office with your driver in the passenger seat and then sending your driver to drop your wife to office and then going home to do other errands. In this way you can enjoy the ride and your wife also does not need to learn driving and can be safely dropped by an experiences driver saving her the hassles of driving. By hiring a driver, you can make the best use of an EV today as it will not be standing in your and your wife's office for the whole day but after dropping you to office it will be available for any errand you like.

I am suggesting this because i am doing the same today. I have a PUNCH EV with driver and a Sonet Diesel MT for long station and emergency use.

Believe me, after having an EV and a driver, you will never use the ICE vehicle standing in your garage until any emergency arises where you do not have sufficient charge.

I am suggesting PUNCH EV because it is an Compact SUV bigger than Tiago Ev and Smaller than Nexon EV and 400 EV. so very easy to use for city rides. Again the real life range of Long Range Punch is 250 to 300 kms with powerful motor and performance. Test drive it once and you will fall in love with it.

Again in this initial stage of EV Tech, refrain from investing more than 15 Lakhs in an EV because tech is changing fast and to recover the extra cost of an EV you need to invest the least you can. So for now to feel the goodness of EV with Silent cabin, Instant torque and power and minimum maintenance and running cost go for Punch EV. For Only 13 Lakhs you get the same EV pleasure and benefits and also saving nearly 7-10 lakhs (saving if you do not purchase Nexon or 400 Ev 04 Kona EV)

Later on, when you require a 7 seater, sell your elantra, and get a Full Hybrid or Mild hybrid Maruti Grand vitara, which will give you appprox double mileage as compared to diesel 7 seaters and also low cost of maintenance and fuel as it will be a maruti. It is also a safe car with 6 air bags and other features. Also it is highly rated in tests.

Hope this helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks