Electric (EV) 50 15.97%
Other (please specify in your post) 4 1.28%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 05:24   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Diesel AT vs Hybrid vs Electric Conundrum

Finally after much deliberation, I have decided to go with the Kia Sonet. I am getting the Kia Sonet HTX Diesel AT in black colour, HTX variant felt the most value for money of all the variants and I can take delivery on Diwali day too.

I am highly grateful to all those who voted on the forum and put in their valuable comments to help me make my decision. However it was this reply from @GTO that assured me that I was making a good choice. A Huge thanks to him for the inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Diesel AT is the most practical choice, especially in the 15-lakh and up segments where model choices are plentiful. Specific to your usage & query, I would recommend the Sonet Diesel AT & the Nexon EV. Both are top class automobiles. Am unimpressed with the driving experience of the Toyota Hyryder Hybrid (going by our review).
Here is the price list quoted by the Kia Executives and the price list on my booking docket and on Kia website, I have also attached price list computed by myself too with list of accessories opted as well. I know that Insurance is grossly overpriced and I can get it done myself for Rs.30.105. The local body taxes are Rs. 855 for all variants on Kia website whereas at dealer quote only petrol variants have Rs.855 and diesel variants have Rs.1855, Does anyone know why?. Any other items which you feel are overpriced or unnecessary or overcharged, please let me know. Also any recommendations on accessories I should buy, I know Kia cars are in huge demand, with hardly any offers but still any scope of discounts or freebies I can ask of to the dealer on account of Diwali
Attached Thumbnails
Diesel AT vs Hybrid vs Electric Conundrum-kia-my-price.jpg  

Diesel AT vs Hybrid vs Electric Conundrum-kia-docket-price.jpeg  

Diesel AT vs Hybrid vs Electric Conundrum-incheon-price.jpeg  

Diesel AT vs Hybrid vs Electric Conundrum-kia-price.jpeg  

Last edited by bijims : 18th October 2022 at 05:34.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 09:32   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Here is the price list quoted by the Kia Executives and the price list on my booking docket and on Kia website, I have also attached price list computed by myself too with list of accessories opted as well. I know that Insurance is grossly overpriced and I can get it done myself for Rs.30.105. The local body taxes are Rs. 855 for all variants on Kia website whereas at dealer quote only petrol variants have Rs.855 and diesel variants have Rs.1855, Does anyone know why?. Any other items which you feel are overpriced or unnecessary or overcharged, please let me know. Also any recommendations on accessories I should buy, I know Kia cars are in huge demand, with hardly any offers but still any scope of discounts or freebies I can ask of to the dealer on account of Diwali
Congratulations on your purchase, I have been following this thread since the day you posted it and I can assure you that you have made the right decision. Moreover, I just read on a portal about the HTX variant being the most VFM variant available in the Kia Sonet, the link to the portal is attached below:

https://motoroctane.com/news/245362-...t-best-variant

Now moving on to your query, the below charges have been correctly quoted.
Ex-showroom price: Rs.12,15,000
TCS @1% : Rs.12,150
RTO Charges Kerala @ 13%: Rs.1,57,950
Local Body Taxes (Registration + HSRP + Green Tax on New Diesel Vehicles introduced on 01.04.2022) Rs.600 + Rs.285 + Rs.1000 = Rs. 1885

The Kia website and the booking docket may not have been updated for Kerala's new Green Tax hence the difference of Rs.1,000.

Insurance can be obtained elsewhere at much lower rates, around Rs.30,000.

Extended warranties, My convenience package and accessories are as per amounts on Kia website, so your quote seems correct, just the Rs.1,000 extra to be added to the total for green tax, so you should incur (Rs.14,65,388 + Rs. 1,000) Rs. 14,66,388 on your new car.

Now on the issue of discounts or freebies on account of Diwali, most manufacturers have their official discounts, but Kia has never provided anything whatsoever ever since their cars launched in India, Chances of dealers providing incentives are also negligible, but there is no harm in asking, Who knows may be they may put a free accessory in.
Old 15th July 2024, 08:40   #78
BHPian

Did not go through the full thread but what happen to the hybrid batteries after 6/7 yrs, when the charging cycle goes bad. What will be the cost of replacement. Shouldn’t we include that cost also if that is expensive component to deal with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks