Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 16:53   #16
BHPian

Re: What car to replace a Renault Duster AWD?

Frankly there is no replacement for duster , the awd varient until yesterday when the Scorpio was launched. Still i would say Duster awd is a keeper. I own one, although I don't get to use that everyday as I had to step out of India but I know for sure its far more value for money owning it post EMI conclusion.
Old 28th June 2022, 17:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, you could look at the new Scorpio N, but, REMEMBER it is a body on frame design SUV with proper 4WD TC and capability. However, you will get it at a lesser price than the XUV 700
Old 28th June 2022, 21:25   #18
BHPian

Good decision on keeping the duster. There is very less or actually No vehicle in the price bracket that can replace the magic carpet ride of Duster. We have in total 6 vehicles at home including a Jeep Compass S Diesel 4x4. But, nothing can beat duster in terms of ride-comfort, ruggedness, and go-anywhere attitude. The only reason you might feel a bit bad about the duster is its interiors and un-ergonomic dashboard Even to the 2016 standards (When we brought our 110 AMT), its very outdated.
Old 28th June 2022, 21:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I'll apologize upfront as I didn't go through the whole thread but would make a wild suggestion if it makes sense.

What car to replace a Renault Duster AWD?-290552563_3624505024443431_5967289997504485772_n.jpg

How about this one?
Old 29th June 2022, 17:14   #20
BHPian

I wish I could trade-in your hardly used 70k run AWD duster with my 190 k run chevy beat (2011) . I own a Nissan Kicks, an hi-fi version of duster and I am in hunt for a good, value for money vehicle. I dont see any such car in the market other than Renault - Nissan line up. If I was near your state, I would have robbed (joking) yours paying a premium!

Last edited by jeganatu : 29th June 2022 at 17:15.
Old 13th June 2023, 13:23   #21

I wanted to replace my 2015 Diesel Honda City sedan with new (SUV) Creta or Seltos (in Feb 2022), and so I took their demo rides, although even the base model was going bit off-budget for me. I found Creta was quiter, Seltos was good on 4th-5th. While going through Spinny listings, I thought of trying on 2016 110ps Manual Diesel Silver Duster since it only did 29K & price was certainly mush lesser than new SUV.

The demo ride experience was as better as in Creta on softer side & better overall. I decided to go for Duster on 8 lakhs (pricey !?).

Now, after clocking 51k (in one year, & overall, after 7th year), Duster turned out to be a beast on Highways (in fact, so cushiony smooth), keeping the rear-seat occupants so comfortable on any bumpy roads. I not only saved few lakhs for not going for new Creta or Seltos, but also secured a best riding comfort true SUV.
Cruising around 95km/h, I could get consistent ~20+kmpl average all through my Highway journeys. Once hit 22kmpl (giving that no-regret feeling for replacing my Honda City which was giving 28-33kmpl on highways).

I only heard the stories of the dreaded injector issue on 110ps after my purchase. To avoid as much as I can, I fill Diesel tank to full always when 10L left & add ABRO Diesel additive after every 4th or 5th tank-full fill (many do not recommend). Also, I changed Engine oil separately (not during the service) in front of me, I bought Castrol part-synthetic 15W-40 engine oil, also adding only 50ml of that slushy thick ABRO Engine oil additive (250ml might be too much slushy for the engine as I think).
But I still have that fear of (fabled) injector issue although service engineer did mention that engine is in excellent condition so far.

Seriously, even in a slight upper segment, I am not able to think of a better replacement of this Duster as yet & also of a right time (may be, only after 2026 !?). I would like to upgrade to an Automatic one as next, as economical as this Duster and I do not want shell out more than 3 lakhs to own next one, if it all I have to replace by 2025 or 2026.

Time when I bought & slight changes done:

On additives & mileage:
Old 23rd July 2023, 09:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Its time to say good bye to my Duster AWD. 52K kms and it has been a totally blissful ownership! Not once did I run into any of the issues mentioned except I got the front suspension changed at the A*S*S few months ago and thats it.
Tyres changed at 46K - geolander yoko's

We will be considering an EV soon - we already have a 2nd car and office commutes are limited to 2 days a week. I have an issue with my legs - arthritis kicking in. Doc advised to move to Automatic.

I will start a diff thread for the EV options soon.

Meanwhile, if there is any interest, i would love to sell to a fellow BHPian and maybe ask you for pics once in a while
Old 2nd August 2023, 16:25   #23

Hi All,
Duster replacement:
Is Ford Endeavour 2013 4x2 AT 120k done worth replacing Duster ?
Ford exited though when I checked their SC, they mentioned SCs will remain & parts as well.
Anyone has experience with this beast ?
I am novice to Automatic. Is Endeavour AT gear-box reliable ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks