Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2022, 15:22   #31
BHPian

Re: Best ride quality for broken city roads | Budget of 15-lakhs

@TheWall, you already own a 5th Gen Honda City. Just wondering if you're planning to replace it?

A few members have mentioned City on this thread as a good option for your stated needs, hence wanted to know what led you to this dilemma..?
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:05   #32
BHPian

Apart from Hector, Carens and XL6/Ertiga, do checkout Ciaz/City as well. My list is in the following order
1. Hector
2. Carens
3. XL6
4. Ertiga
5. Ciaz
6. City
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:37   #33
BHPian

For low speed ride quality there are a lot of options. For the best compromise between low speed and high speeds they are only a few cars worth talking.

Cushy low speed ride :
1) MG Hector - Has to be the benchmark for low speed ride quality. Of course it’s not great at speeds.
2) S-Cross - Surprisingly quite comfy even at low speeds.
3) Most Hyundais
4) Most Marutis
5) MG Astor (as per reviews)
6) Honda City

A good/great compromise between low and high speeds. These cars would have a firm edge at low speeds but would give you flat ride at higher speeds:
1) VAG 2.0 products
2) Nexon
3) XUV 300
4) Altroz
5) Safari/Harrier
6) Compass

Last edited by Waspune : 3rd June 2022 at 17:39.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 17:56   #34
BHPian

Allow me to add Citroen C5 Aircross (Citroen C5 Aircross Review) to this conundrum. After the Duster with the Magic Carpet Ride, you have this Aircross that beats all the cars hands down when it comes to ride quality.

Khel Khattam. All the best!
Old 3rd June 2022, 20:46   #35

You can checkout pre worshipped avventura and sell it off once the EVs start dominating

Saw one in tbhp classifieds in your city.
Might come in one third of your budget, save another third for unexpected expenditures and you're good to go. Cabin ambience will be sacrificed though.
Old 4th June 2022, 09:00   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Allow me to add Citroen C5 Aircross (Citroen C5 Aircross Review) to this conundrum. After the Duster with the Magic Carpet Ride, you have this Aircross that beats all the cars hands down when it comes to ride quality.

Khel Khattam. All the best!
Under 15 lakh budget?
pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 17:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdadevil View Post
@TheWall, you already own a 5th Gen Honda City. Just wondering if you're planning to replace it?

A few members have mentioned City on this thread as a good option for your stated needs, hence wanted to know what led you to this dilemma..?
Sorry for the late response. Been a busy week.
Yes, I do have a 5th gen city currently, which is on company lease and I might have to return it back due to multiple factors. Hence the thread. I am very much happy with city’s ride quality in the front seat but back seat passengers do complain occasionally about the ride.
Old 8th June 2022, 17:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
I am very much happy with city’s ride quality in the front seat but back seat passengers do complain occasionally about the ride.
On the contrary, my family has complimented the rear seat comfort as being supreme compared to the front passenger seat. My wife has motion sickness and long rides over minor ghats can upset her. She prefers the rear seat as one where she feels more comfortable.

If the occupants are complaining about bounciness, check the tyre pressure. During a recent trip I had increased the rear tyres' pressure when riding under full-load (4 adults + 1 kid + luggage) and didn't decrease it after the trip ended. On subsequent outings, the rear did exhibit bounciness especially when going over a speed breaker or hitting pot holes.
sankdadevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 21:27   #39
BHPian

Hi,

Just my 2 cents:
(a) Since ride quality is of paramount importance, why not try a used Innova? You'll need to do some work to get your hands on the right example, but, given its popularity, you may find one soon. Please check with Toyota U trust dealers once.

(b) Since majority of driving is in city conditions, best to go for proper automatic (no AMTs).

(c) Among new cars: Sedans offer better ride comfort. Hence, the latest 5th Gen Honda City CVT should be a great choice. Slavia/Virtus may become a slight stretch, but do check-out detailed reviews on TBHP.

(d) If you prefer a CSUV - its worth waiting for all new Brezza/Toyota version. Korean twins are not known for their ride comfort, German twins, off-late seem to have some or other issue, so did not recommend them.

Happy hunting!

Regards.

Last edited by VikramCS : 8th June 2022 at 21:37.
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:38   #40
BHPian

Bumping up this thread, @TheWall have you made any decision, I am in a similar dilemma, and looking for a comfortable city car for daily usage.

I found Carens to be very comfortable but holding of because of its 3 star rating.

Hector doesn't pull well and it is less powerful with full load.

Waiting for Toyota HyRyder reviews.
Old 4th July 2022, 19:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Allow me to suggest the Maruti XL 6.
Especially the new upgraded one.
One has to ride in it to appreciate what it offers at that price.
My friend has a near brand new one which he bought just before the facelifted one with the bigger wheels and better suspension.
And that vehicle itself is superb.
But the new facelifted one is even better.

This is a highly under rated vehicle but is worthy of significant respect.

Definitely worth considering.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:59   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Do test the Astor. A colleague bought one, and I find it about par with the Hector. Slightly harder, but that doesn't say much considering what the Hector is.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 09:31   #43
BHPian

Need a new car within an on-road budget of ₹18 lac with the following priorities (in the order written):
  1. Rear seat comfort: I want to be able to conduct phone calls and work over noisy, terrible, traffic laden roads in comfort. A strong air conditioner with rear vents and some kind of UV protection on the window glass (or with integrated blinds) is essential. The car should glide over the craters in our city. Coming from a Ford Ecosport, this is without a doubt my number one requirement.
  2. Good ground clearance: For the same reason as above. We live on the moon, and it's no fun, trust me.
  3. Fuel efficiency: I'm tired of being driven around in a car with 7 KMPL (or less) of mileage. I travel around 1,200 kilometres a month and would like a frugal vehicle.
  4. Automatic: A quality automatic transmission is preferred, for those times when I have to drive it myself—which is often.
  5. Beauty and refinement, inside and out: I don't want an ugly vehicle, overladen with chrome on the outside and hard plastics on the inside.
  6. Reliability and low cost of ownership: I want a vehicle that makes very few trips to the dealership and, when it does, is returned quickly and with a short bill attached with it.
  7. Useful creature comforts: Automatic headlamps, keyless entry and go, TPMS, wireless Android Auto, and a 360° camera are my favourite features.
In short, I'm trying to find a car that fulfills everything my Ecosport didn't. My main complaints with it are the extremely harsh ride quality, the barely functional air conditioning, and the non-existent fuel economy.

I was reading the Mahindra XUV300 review and thought that I'd found the perfect car until I reached the part about the air conditioning, and it felt like I was reading a description of my own car's AC.

I've considered the Kia Carens but it has terrible fuel economy and bargain basement parts all over the cabin.

I love how the Baleno looks from the outside but the ground clearance seems low, and I haven't checked it out in person yet. Is it a good option?

We are waiting for the Toyota Hyryder but so little is known about it yet that I don't have an opinion one way or the other.

I know I've asked for everything under the sun and then some, but are there any vehicles that fit the bill—even if they exceed the budget maybe?

Last edited by aryayush : 5th August 2022 at 09:40.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:23   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
Need a new car within an on-road budget of ₹18 lac with the following priorities (in the order written):

I know I've asked for everything under the sun and then some, but are there any vehicles that fit the bill—even if they exceed the budget maybe?
the Hyundai Creta S Plus 1.4 Turbo DCT or the Kia Seltos HTK Plus 1.5 Diesel AT could be potential options each with its own pros and cons, both are powerful, the diesel seltos being more frugal however, the Creta has more features. try test drives on both and choose what suits you best
Old 5th August 2022, 11:36   #45
BHPian

Thank you. Good ride quality was the first requirement though, and you've recommended the Seltos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks