Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2022, 22:47   #31
HTC
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for cars for a Sales team in rural India

I would suggest follow the approach taken by Southwest Airlines. Their complete fleet is made of Boeing 737 planes. With this, they were able to save on aircraft maintenance costs, spares , crew training, easy support from Boeing due to the scale etc. You can google it out.

Similarly I would suggest you to either stick to Mahindra or Maruti. Ertiga-alto, bolero twins makes sense as they are low on gizmos and well suited for rural roads and abuse.

Good luck with your hunt.
HTC is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 20:29   #32
BHPian

Since the running is high, diesels make more sense.

The WR-V/Nexon for the manager and Tiago for the executives

While Honda diesel mill will be more reliable and refined, the service centre network is higher for TATA

As pointed out by Turbanator , purchasing vehicle in company's name and giving a buyback option after 5 years to the employee based on a pre fixed depreciation percentage will be a great way to retain employee as well as ensuring maintenance of vehicle.For the 5 years the vehicle is in company's name, the depreciation of vehicle may be taken advantage of while doing the taxes

For passenger cars GST input credit may not be available. Do check with your accountant

If you need a more abuse friendly solution, Mahindra Supro Van(some states don't allow pvt regn for this) for the executives and Bolero Neo for the managers.

Keep in mind that the Mahindra's are far behind the Marutis in terms of refinement

The supro can also carry more equipment than a car if the rear seats are not needed.

If the rear seats are removed, the Supro can even double as a Light goods carrier

Do keep us updated regarding the purchase

Last edited by Voodooblaster : 13th April 2022 at 20:33. Reason: Adding content
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 13:33   #33

May I suggest the Tata Punch? From the reviews it has garnered since it's launch, it seems to have the right fuel efficiency numbers (as per your needs), it also has good amount of space and excellent ride quality in it's own price range and one above. Also the mid spec Punch should cost you somewhere around 7.5 to 8.5 lakhs on road.
I hope this helps. Goodluck.
maverick_t50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 13:34   #34
BHPian

The key factors that one needs to keep in mind, imho, are:
  1. Reparability
  2. Economy
    • in maintenance
    • in Fuel economy
    • in Re-sale value

Considering these factors, I'd suggest the WagonR. They have successfully been used in the Ghats regions (hilly, winding, unreliable roads) - and have been proven to be reliable.

I'd therefore suggest the WagonR, and for a more expensive version: Bolero.
ChristComesSoon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks