Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2022, 04:59   #1
BHPian

The "I cancelled my booking" thread

Hi Team,

This is a place to announce all our cancelled bookings.

The primary reason behind this initiative is to share the cancellation reason, in order for other BHPians to benefit from your experience.

Recommended format:

Quote:
Quote:
Make : [e.g Hyundai, Maruti]
Model : [e.g i20, Swift]
Variant : [e.g Magna, Vxi]
Fuel : [e.g Petrol, Diesel]
Booking Date :
Dealer & City :
Reason:
shadkhan is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 19:27   #2
BHPian

re: The "I cancelled my booking" thread

I will start..

Make : Maruti
Model : S-Presso
Variant : Vxi+ AGS
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 31-Oct-2021
Dealer & City : Sai Service (Maruti Suzuki Arena), Kandivali (W), Mumbai
Reason:
Initial commitment by dealer was 4-6 weeks based on information available from Maruti (as per dealer, showed me some whstsapp pic). 6 weeks over, no allotment in sight. I was patient, 2.5 months, nothing. Gave me reasons like semi conductor shortage (easy way out I guess), my choice of color in high demand, top model so uses smart play system so needs more chips and chip shortage, SA tells me there are 7 people before me in same showroom waiting for same color and variant. They have absolutely no idea when I would get car.

This gave me opportunity to re-evaluate my choice and even considered wagon R but he told me that also will have minimum 3 months waiting unless I choose weird colors like blue and orange. Since we decided to up the budget from initial 6L OTR to 8.5L OTR, we checked pit Hyundai santro and grand i10 NIOS and loved premium feel of NIOS and test drive was good. Booked that then.
raksrules is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 00:28   #3
BHPian

re: The "I cancelled my booking" thread

Though it's been 2 years now, I think it's worth a mention.

Make: Hyundai
Model: Elantra
Variant: 2.0 SX (O) AT
Fuel: Petrol
Booking date: 24th January 2020
Dealer & City: Trident Hyundai Whitefield, Bengaluru
Reason:
1) Poor monthly sales- The charts weren't inspiring enough to spend that kind of money on the product.

2) Waiting period- As the car was a CKD, the dealer promised delivery by the last week of February or first week of March at most. However, the date kept moving forward and finally the car reached the godown during the last week of March. India saw a lockdown from 31st March and hence the car wasn't to be delivered anytime soon. Finally canceled it in May owing to various reasons (as mentioned). If it was delivered in March itself as promised, maybe the Safari wouldn't have met us.

3) Design- The front fascia was either a love it or hate it. We were ready to compromise on this aspect because the car was otherwise incredible.

4) Launch of Verna- The 2020 Verna was launched with more features at about 70% the asking price of an Elantra. Clearly when a car is marketed as a premium offering, you simply can't get your basics wrong. Sure, features don't mean everything but that doesn't mean your 'premium' customers feel shortchanged.

5) Covid- The whole scenario was horrifying. Treatment going into lakhs of rupees, the virus turning out to be deadlier as each day passed put a pause to the whole plan. Apart from this, we weren't really happy with the fact that the new car would lie in the godown for months.

Special mention- Our SA Mr. Kiran from Trident Hyundai was a gem of a Sales person. He was incredibly patient in clarifying our doubts, explained all the features very clearly during two test drives of the car. The whole interaction with him was absolutely hassle free and I can go as far as to mention that he was the best I had met (He only dealt with Elantra and Tucson customers then). If I can recollect correctly, a BHPian owning a Tucson too mentioned his name on this forum on a good note. Even during the cancellation, he dealt the whole situation with utmost professionalism and didn't show any sign of disappointment. Three cheers for him!
Attaching a video of the Elantra we had seen and test driven I found months later-

( P.S- Mr. Kiran is to be seen for few seconds in the video.)
@og_adi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 08:36   #4
BHPian

Re: The "I cancelled my booking" thread

Make : Mahindra
Model : Thar
Variant : LX AT HT
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 27th July 2021
Dealer & City : Raga Motors
Reason: I have loved Thar’s exterior looks ever since the Gen 1 was launched way back. So much so that I ended up booking the Gen 1 Thar too, back in 2013. In 2013, Thar was going to be the primary car, so the decision to move to XUV 5oo was a bit simpler.

Now, in 2021 I still had the XUV 5oo, it was giving no complaints and running well. Thought of adding the Thar AT as a secondary car. At the same time, driving a large Manual car was becoming so much more of a chore, that the planned Thar AT was going to become the primary vehicle, which again led to practicality concerns. We have a large dog who travels with us on all trips. Mostly from his comfort perspective, Thar again lost. Cancelled the booking most reluctantly in Dec 2021(even though the vehicle was allotted, so waiting period was not the reason)

We sold the XUV, cancelled the Thar booking, & got us a Harrier Dark
Bhatt is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 09:24   #5
BHPian

Make : KIA
Model : Seltos
Variant : GTX+ Automatic
Booking Date : 18th Jan 2022
Dealer & City : Crystal Auto
Reason: Purely because of the ongoing salvo. My money does not go to a company that does not respect its integrity.

Also, my XUV delivery is getting preponed so why not opt for a better product. KIA was never on my priority list. Was booked only due to the sheer long waiting period of the XUV.
Abhikumar629 is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 09:59   #6

Make : Kia
Model : Carnival
Variant : Limousine Plus
Booking Date : 25 November 2021
City : Madurai
Reason :

I was in urgent need of a SUV/MPV before February 2022. Made booking and was promised delivery by last week of January. Received a call at end of December and was offered Prestige 6 seater immediately. On Enquiring about my booking, was told limousine plus not available at that time. I did not want a lesser variant and I told I will wait till limousine plus is allotted. January 18th, called up the SA and was told that allotment of vehicle was not done and he did not have any details about date of allotment too. Was given a date of PROBABLY March 2022. My need had not changed. Had to get a vehicle by first week of February.

Out of the blue, BMW SA called and told about imminent launch of X3 LCI. Offered to show the vehicle in the yard. Home minister and I went on 20th Jan for unveiling and on seeing vehicle, were impressed. SA promised first week of Feb delivery for Mineral White 30i MSport. Made booking even without test drive and made payment by 25th. Received VIN number on 27th and took delivery on 5th February. Cancelled Carnival booking after receiving VIN of X3. Extremely happy with my decision.
Rajeev.Ayyappan is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 10:42   #7
BHPian

Can I include 2 wheelers in this thread?.. if not kindly delete

Make : OLA
Model : S1
Variant : NA
Fuel : ELECTRIC
Booking Date : 20 July 2021
City : Bengaluru
Reason :

Booked the vehicle and expected deliveries by November. Later they announced another advance payment even before confirmed delivery timeline and this time it was a more substantial amount, so decided to cancel as it was difficult to take a call without having a guaranteed delivery date as well as before initial first impressions of the vehicle.
Jhinchak is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 10:54   #8
Senior - BHPian

Excellent idea of a thread The stories will be interesting.

Model : XUV300
Variant : AMT w8
Booking Date : December 2019
Dealer & City : Pune
Reason:
When we got the news that we would be welcoming a baby in our home, I started searching for a safe car, upgrading from my Beat car. After a lot of search, we finalized on XUV 300 and booked it after some negotiations.

Right after booking, we walked into a nearby mall which had a baby store. When I test rode their folding prams, I immediately realized that the boot will not be enough with even the tinest of pram. We are not light travellers, and to begin a new car's journey with a clearly disadvantaged boot was not going to work.

While I thought we would manage with the small boot - as our Beat's boot too was small, the quick walk with the pram made me realize the unnecessary compromise I was going to make. That booking was cancelled in only 2 hours!
ani_meher is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 11:06   #9
BHPian

Make : VW
Model : Taigun
Variant : Comfortline
Booking Date : 04th Nov 2021
Dealer & City : VW East Delhi
Reason:

Was in the market for a polo highline around Oct last year and thats when rumours of Polo being discontinued started doin the rounds. The dwindling sales number kind of reaffirmed the direction Polo was heading. Booked Taigun Comfortline instead with a promise of delivery in Feb/Mar 22. Last week Dealer called stating a 2021 Comfortline was available but everything was at current prices, no discounts. This was when other models like Highline and Topline 2021 models were bring offered at generous discounts.

Asked for a 2022 model as was promised during booking, it was said that the waiting period has now extended 6 to 9 months. Although i had been sending emails for all communication, the dealer has somehow resorted to only phone calls and no confirmation on emails

The unprofessionalism from the East Delhi dealer and the availability of Polo 2022 models led me to check with VW West Delhi and within 48 hours of the query, we landed with a Flash Red Polo

Last edited by Old_Salt : 10th February 2022 at 11:07. Reason: Typo
Old_Salt is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 11:46   #10
BHPian

Brand : Hyundai
Model : Santro
Variant : Sports AMT
Dealer : Advaith Outer ring road, Bangalore
Booked on : September 2019
Cancelled : October 2019

Reason : Delay in PDI of the car agreed upon. We had 3 Hyundais before this booking. Had decent experience with Hyundai hence when we wanted to change the 10 year old(bought when it was 6 year old)I10 AT, Santro was the first choice for my better half.

Paid advance of 5k on the first visit to the showroom, though in reality I keep visiting this showroom whenever there is a new model/facelift of any Hyundai car is launched, as it is less than 200metres from my work place. We were not convinced AMT would be a good choice but there was no options of TC at that point as our first choice was GrandI10 TQ(discontinued couple of months before that). We were not happy with the test drive of Tiago AMT, Ignis AMT.

After booking we wanted to see the car in flesh before we make the payment. We were told it was available in yard located faraway. We volunteered to visit the faraway yard and requested for a VIN to be communicated. Visit was pushed off citing Dasara holidays and many other lame excuses. VIN had not been revealed for almost a week despite the car being present in the yard.

We were told by the SE that they can bring the car to the showroom itself, provided we paid the money in full. I was literally irked by the insistence on full payment for a car which is a fast seller and by a large dealership and also despite my repeated offer to visit the yard to see the car. I refused further dealing unless I can see the car.

Then the Manager called up and agreed to bring the car to the showroom. Meanwhile we have given our old car for exchange on the first visit itself as there was a big ticket expense to make it roadworthy and the dealership agreed to bear the cost of repair and gave a fairdeal. So on the arrival of the car to the showroom my better half went to the bank to transfer the funds and I visited the showroom to check the car before releasing the funds.

On checking the VIN of the car I found out it was manufactured more than Six months back though other aspects of the PID was good and Car had 14kms on the odo. But the stubborness of the dealership in not revealing the VIN and not facilitating a inspection made me suspicious and I cancelled the deal then and there.

PS : Within two weeks of doing so I came to know from Ford factory source that there was a recently manufactured (less than 3 months), last batch of, Figo 1.5 TC in the yard of one of the local dealers, where the staff were not even aware of a TC model of Figo. We booked it and with PDI on the day before payment we took delivery within three days of being aware of this model. Enjoying every singe drive in this car so far.

Last edited by aadya : 10th February 2022 at 11:49. Reason: Grammatical
aadya is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 11:58   #11
BHPian

Make : Skoda
Model : Slavia
Variant : 1.5 TSI DSG
Booking Date : November 18 2021
Dealer & City : PPS Skoda, Hyderabad
Reason :

After selling the Jetta in 2020 when used car prices sky rocketed, have been looking for a able replacement. With new car prices also reaching the stars, and no good used cars coming up, Slavia was intended to be a backup in case if all other plans failed, However, we’ve picked up an Octavia, and this has to be cancelled.

Last edited by sarfraz1997 : 10th February 2022 at 12:00.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 12:53   #12
BHPian

Model : XUV 700
Variant : AX 7 MT
Booking Date : 7th Oct 2021
Dealer & City : Zulaikha Motors, Chennai
Reason:
Initial indication online from Mahindra was that the vehicle will be delivered by Dec/Jan 2021. Suddenly, this was pushed back to March/April 2023. This one-year delay was something I could not live with.

Cancelled the order and after 2 weeks research and subsequent test drives, decided to go the EV route and booked the MG ZS EV in Dec 2021. Expecting delivery by March/April 2022. Hopefully. :-)
Rada is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 14:16   #13
BHPian

What a coincidence! I didn't know that there is a thread exists for this as well! I booked a Thar Red HT Auto Diesel in Nov/Dec 2021. Cancelled the booking few days back as I am not convinced with the Mahindra's delivery timeline and as well the price vs product offered after the initial excitement subsided. Now looking at some practical options as I do have an Innova 2013 doing duty nicely.
sgmuser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 16:56   #14
BHPian

Make : KIA
Model : Seltos
Variant : 1.4 DCT GTX
Booking Date : September 2019
Dealer & City : NCS KIA, Trivandrum
Reason: False promise on delivery date and Test drives

The Seltos when launched initially had so much hype around it and people were rushing to the showrooms. Like all people I too went to the local Kia dealer. The Seltos looked like a well rounded package and the sales staff was boasting the car over the roof and was raving about the bookings they received. The dealer had the 1.5 Petrol in manual & auto, and 1.5 Diesel in manual & auto. But they didn't have the 1.4 DCT model. When checked with them they said in few days time that too will come and a test drive will be given. The sales associate even persuaded me to pay 25k and book the 1.4 DCT. The reason he gave was due to the huge number of bookings they are getting they have decided to deliver all cars booked till today in the first slot and cars being booked from tomorrow will take few months for delivery. He even told me currently there is an internal competition between the Trivandrum and Kochi dealer on who is gonna get the most number of bookings and if I book and it will be very helpful for them and if at all I want to cancel my booking, just call him and the cancellation will be done within few minutes and the amount will be credited on the same day. Anyways I kind of liked the car and went ahead with the booking. Called him after a week to check if the 1.4 DCT had come and he said not yet. One week became 2 weeks, which later became one month. Since they were not interested in updating me about my booked car and giving me a test drive car I went ahead and called this Sales Advisor and asked him to cancel my booking. He was like "OK Sir, will get it done". Next day I called him to check on my refund and he said "Sir, please call the accounts team and he cut the call". I somehow got the accounts person's number and asked them for my refund. For which they said I need to send a mail to them. Which I sent then itself. Next day I called them and they said the refund is in process and it will take around 7 days ! But that was not what the SA told me when I booked the car. I was quite pissed off and few days later I called the sales manager. He picked up my call and heard my story and told me "I am in a meeting , call me later " !!!! I lost it. I called the SA and blasted him, he said he is working on it and will let me know. It has already been around 12 days since I cancelled but didn't receive any amount. On the 13th day evening I got Rs 25,000 credited to my account. Well, I decided that was the end of it and Im never going to these jokers again. The next day morning I received another message saying Rs 25,000 got credited to my account. I first thought the message that came yesterday got sent again from the bank. After an hour I received a call from this SA asking me " Sir, I think we had sent the booking amount to you twice, once yesterday evening and again today morning ! " I couldn't control my evil laugh. I told him Il check and will update him. When I checked my bank statement it was true they had sent it twice. Now the ball was in my court. Like how those people made a fool of me I decided to make them run for few days. I know it is so cruel from my end to do so, but those jokers really took me for a toss in the last few days. The SA kept calling me every 3 hours and I told him I haven't got time to check and will get back to him. The best part was when the Sales manager called me and he spoke to me so politely and tried his best to butter me and I said " I am in a meeting , call me later "
And finally on the third day the SA calls me and tells all his seniors are behind him and all this happened due to some miscommunication between him and the accounts person and they have told him that if I don't give back the amount they will deduct it from his salary. Poor guy, I then sent that 25k back to them and that was the end of the chapter. One lesson I learned that day was, these days Karma is so Instant !

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 10th February 2022 at 17:04.
Mr.Perera is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 17:06   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
Hi Team,

This is a place to announce all our cancelled bookings.

The primary reason behind this initiative is to share the cancellation reason, in order for other BHPians to benefit from your experience.

Recommended format:

Quote:
Make: KIA
Model: Seltos
Variant: GTX+
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: Oct/Nov 2019
Dealer & City: Shreenath Malad, Mumbai
Reason: I happened to test drive a Harrier & was impressed by its driving dynamics. Immediately cancelled the Seltos & booked the Harrier in Nov 2019
sanjayrozario is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks