I have three entries for this thread.

Make: Royal Enfield
Model: Interceptor 650
Variant: Standard Color- Ventura Blue
Fuel: Petrol
Booking Date: 23 October 2021
Dealer & City: Headway Motors, Madinaguda, Hyderabad
Reason: Change of mind, super long waiting period

My dad liked the Interceptor very much, but he felt it was a little too much for a person of my build and personality. I initially convinced him, but then thought for a while and cancelled the booking after 13 days.

Make: Bajaj
Model: Dominar 400
Variant: Standard-Vine Black
Booking Date: 6 November 2021
Dealer & City: Varun Bajaj, Kondapur, Hyderabad.
Reason: Change of mind.

The Dominar was a stop gap type of measure. I wasn't really keen on what bike I want. I just wanted a bike at that time, and hence impulsively booked the Dominar. After booking a couple of my friends gave me negative feedback regarding the brakes of the Dominar. I found them to be okay, but then thought for some time and then I felt I should wait and get a bike that my heart wants, rather than getting something impulsively. Add to that the dealer was trying to sell an old stock bike. Cancelled the booking after 10 days and received the booking amount within 2 days.

Make: Ather
Model: 450X
Variant: Collectors edition
Fuel: Electric
Booking date: 1 January 2020(not sure as I lost the recepits)
Dealer & City: Online
Reason: Didn't really need the product

This was when Ather started to accept nationwide bookings for their updated scooter, dubbed the 450X.
I was curious and booked one immediately before the product unveil. These bookings were honoured with the collectors edition scooter. We didn't really need a new scooter at that time. It was just out of pure impulsivity. And then, spending 1.6 lacs for something that will hardly be used didn't make any sense.

I'm pretty sure a fourth entrant will come here real soon, in the form of Ola S1.
saikishor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 20:14   #17

Re: The "I cancelled my booking" thread

Make: Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: Sx Executive
Booking Date: 20th January, 2022
Dealer and City: Kolkata, SN Hyundai
Reason:
Our 2014 Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXI was ageing and we decided to get a new car. At first we shortlisted the Creta and the Seltos but my parents decided on the Hyundai as they were quite familiar with the brand and the dealership is right beside our society. Initially we were going with the S variant, but the lack of rear headrest and alloy wheels made us upgrade to the SX Executive variant. We were given a waiting period of 2 months and we finalized the booking. We really did like the creta a lot, but somehow it did not feel as a viable upgrade from the swift, and also the on road price of almost 15 lakhs felt a lot. Anyways the next day I was browsing through Cars24 and I came upon a listing of a Tata Harrier XZ 2019 with 23,000 KM in the odo. I booked for a test drive, my parents were initially hesitant towards buying a preowned car as they wanted the new showroom like experience and manufacturer warranty. The next day after the test drive, we loved the car. This led us into a dilemma whether we should pay 14L for a 3 year used car or a new 15L priced brand new car which belongs to a lower segment but had the perks of being a new car. Finally we decided to go with the Harrier, and we cancelled the Creta Booking. This is my first post, I'll definitely share our full ownership review and our experience with Cars24 in the near future
uddhavsanyal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 20:22   #18
BHPian

Make: Hyundai
Model: Creta
Variant: Creta SX (O) Turbo Dualtone
Booking Date: Feb 5th, 2021
Dealer & City: Popular Hyundai, Ernakulam
Reason:
The delivery was promised around the last week of March, however - the date kept on changing, and by mid-April, it was conveyed that the delivery could be expected around June only. Felt like not keeping up with the word given, went ahead and booked MG Hector Sharp CVT Petrol, got it delivered by 21st Apr 2021.
The change of mind was mainly due to the date change which kept on happening every couple of weeks until I canceled the vehicle. This is not a standalone incident, I know at least 5 people who went for other vehicles and got them delivered such as Hector, Astor and Kushaq (before time).
subramaniamj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 20:53   #19
BHPian

Great Thread!

While I never cancelled any booking I made, I did feel it is not the right vehicle after few months. Yes for every vehicle . May be that is for another tread.

For this thread, can I suggest to add another field named "Finally settled:" specifying Make+Model+Variant+Fuel or just None. This would give an idea from evaluators perspective if shortcomings of a vehicle/maker/dealer were getting fulfilled better elsewhere which was not earlier considered.
Capricorn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 00:27   #20
BHPian

Make: Tata
Model: Punch
Variant: keen on AMT version
Booking Date: Sep 5th, 2021
Dealer & City: lajpat nagar, New Delhi
Reason: I booked it way before launch because I thought TATA was going to launch some game changing product for middle working class. When it was finally launched and prices revealed I cancelled it due to 3 reason:
1. Overpriced. Even the simple base variant was above 6 lac OTR.
2. Three cylinder NA engine. Maruti offers 4 cylinder smoothness at lesser prices.
3.Not so great mileage. from multiple media drive it was revealed that the thing wont churn out more than 13-14kmpl in mixed driving.
sabi_swat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:49   #21
BHPian

Make : Tata
Model : Altroz
Variant : 1.2 Turbo XZ+
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 15th April 2021
Dealer & City : Key Motors, Kanakapura Road, Bangalore
Reason: This was when Covid had almost become a norm and life was returning to normal once again. There were talks that the offices would reopen and I really did not want to take the risk of commuting by bike on the streets of Bangalore again. Post-Covid, Bangalore has pampered with me less traffic and I don't think I can get used to the traffic again, and somehow I have always felt less fatigue while commuting by car even though it takes more time. However with the 2nd wave returning, offices stayed shut with work from home continuing for a little longer. And now we have Omicron.

I don't know when I'll need a car next. I don't know what car I'll book when I do need one.
chaosengine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 05:04   #22
BHPian

Make : Hyundai
Model : i20
Variant : sportz
Booking Date : 10th Sept 2021
City : Hyderabad
Reason: went in to buy a car for wife as she had taken a liking to new i20. SA made casual sexist remarks like "for madam i10 or Santro should be fine" & "for madam sportz model should be fine, they don't need much features" and at the same time he was trying to get me to book alcazar for myself, I somehow didn't pay attention to those remarks then and there (silly me) and booked the car, on our way back home wife was upset, I asked her what was bothering her then she pointed it out to me how those remarks were hurtful to her. I went back the next day and cancelled the car. Booked polo Comfort line AT, her experience at Honda and VW was much better.
BleueNinja is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 22:21   #23
BHPian

Make: MG
Model: Astor
Variant: MT STYLE
Booking Date: 21st Oct 2021
Dealer & City: MG Bangalore JP Nagar

Reason: I had driven an older variant of this car in Thailand in 2019. I was very impressed as it's build quality, fit and finish were very good and it looked almost like a Mazda CX5. When it launched in India, I was among the first 5,000 to book it with a promised delivery by Dec 2021. Then the dealer/MG started postponing the delivery dates and at one point even said September 2022 due to semiconductor shortage! I immediately sensed they're being very unprofessional and initiated cancellation on 5th Nov 2021. I finally received the refund of Rs.25k booking amount on 1st Dec after repeated follow-ups.

I'm now so glad I didn't get the car due to increasing fuel prices and after realising there'll be much better EV choices in 2024 and later. Until then I'll keep using my good old Santro and Alto for the occasional city rides. Also, I've now got a fully remote job and don't have to travel much anyway.
Gotcha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 16:56   #24
BHPian

Model : Grand i10 Nios
Variant : Sportz Turbo
Booking Date : 07th February 2022
City : Chennai

It was a half hearted booking meant purely as a "happy compromise" while eyes fluttered at that i20 iMT.
anandmv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 20:54   #25
BHPian

Giving a backdated experience.

Make : Honda
Model : City
Variant : VX CVT
Booking Date : 4th April 2016
City : Pune

Reason:
Extremely unprofessional attitude of folks at the Honda dealership. Was made to wait for close to an hour for a TD. Coming from a manual transmission Santro, this drove like a breeze and hence i was sold on the car. The general waiting back then was about a month and I was fine with it so booked it there. Wanted the car towards May-end to coincide with my mom's 60th birthday.

I casually dialled the SA around first week of May to check if he has received allocation details and to my horror, he casually said it'll come by June mid mostly. When I told him I don't mind another colour, he tried selling off a display piece. Was not happy with this. Around the same time a friend booked a Vento and he insisted I take a TD.

Called up BU Bhandari (6th May), their SA graciously drove down to my place, loved the DSG + TSi and booked the car at my place. He said he will try and get it delivered on birthday (typical wait was about 3 weeks). Well, he delivered on his word. The car was ready with all fitments on 28th May - took PDI, okayed it and on 29th the Vento was added to the family.

PS: The SA also ordered a cake for my mom and arranged for a driver to take her to Dagdusheth Halwai temple. She was overjoyed. Priceless memory.
sameer_vwagner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 00:17   #26

Make : Tata
Model : Punch
Variant : Pure
Booking Date :. 11 Oct 2021
Dealer & City :. Doon Tata, Dehradun
Reason:. I booked the car even before the price release and was told by the dealer that it was the first booking of Punch Pure in my city. After launch, I kept on following with the dealer (sales executive, sales manager, GM Sales), etc. who kept assuring me that they are working on it with the factory and their Regional HO in Lucknow but to no avail. I even wrote a few emails to the top brass in Tata on the email ids provided by the executive and some found on the internet but did not even receive an acknowledgement email, let alone a resolution to my query.

This carried on for two and a half months and then finally after being fed up by the sheer callousness and some strange and baseless excuses even by their GM, I decided to cancel the Booking. I canceled it on 27th Dec 2021 and bought Maruti Ignis Sigma on Dec 28th.
Pankaj.1976 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 12:49   #27

Great thread initiative:

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Taigun
Variant : 1.0 TSI AT Highline
Booking Date : 7th Oct 2021
Dealer & City : Volkswagen Palace Cross, Bangalore

Reason: While the drive quality and handling is almost car like, feel that Volkswagen has scrimped on a few items like motors for window winders, quality of upholstery. I mean my Vento Highline was so ahead in these departments.
And to upgrade to the Topline, the price difference just did not merit it, was my personal opinion.

Challenges were also there with the SA assigned to me, for the most part of it, he never answered his phone or returned my calls. I went back to Volkswagen Palace Cross as I had such a great buying experience when I purchased my Vento in 2013. Sadly that feeling was not replicated this time round.
Have now cancelled my booking and chasing for the refund of the fully refundable 10K advance.

I have booked a Creta 1.5 CRDI SX Automatic and loved the way my SA and the dealer- Advaith Hyundai on Residency road have handled my queries and the likes thus far. Waiting now.. patiently.
Bluey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 21:24   #28
BHPian

Make : Volkswagen
Model : Taigun
Variant : 1.0 TSI AT Topline
Colour: White
Booking Date : 31st Jan 2022
Dealer & City : VW Deccan, LB Nagar, Hyderabad

Reason for cancelling: Wanted to go for Diesel AT like Creta or Seltos since our running is more than 20k Kms per year and wasn't impressed with the driving position even after setting the driver seat to the highest position.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 23:04   #29
BHPian

Was visiting India after 2 1/2 years due to the pandemic and wanted a large family car.

1)
Make : Kia
Model : Carnival
Variant : Prestige 7 STR
Color: Black
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : Nov 2021
Dealer & City : DKH Kia, Kannur, Kerala

Reason for cancelling: Actually the dealer cancelled it. This was supposed to replace a 2015 Innova ZX which was our only car. They couldn't deliver the car and kept giving excuses saying they will give a 6 seater limo variant then they said how about the base model etc. We had paid the booking amount of 1 lakh and eventually they refunded it back. I also purchased a Honda City as a small car for city use when I booked Carnival thinking it will be too big for daily use. So in the end we didn't get the car we wanted and got a 18 lakh car for a different purpose.

2)
Make : Toyota
Model : Innova
Variant : ZX AT 7 STR
Color: Grey
Booking Date : Nov 2021
Dealer & City : Amana Toyota, Kannur, Kerala

Reason for cancelling: Kia Carnival was supposed to replace a 2015 Innova ZX which was our only car. Kia couldn't deliver the car and kept giving excuses so we ended up buying the Innova. However Toyota also couldn't deliver the car on time and I never liked Innova to begin with.

In the end its sort of blessing in disguise as both these cars were over 6 years old and I wasn't 100% comfortable buying either of those. Hopefully we get the 2022 Carnival in India soon.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 10:32   #30
BHPian

Model : Creta
Variant : SX(O) AT
Booking Date : 1-Aug-2021
Dealer & City : Kundan Hyundai, Bavdhan, Pune
Reason:

After selling our lovely Tata Zest in Feb 2021, our top choices to upgrade were the 5th Gen Honda City ZX CVT and Creta 1.5D SX(O) AT. Loved both the cars. Having enjoyed the sedan experience before with Zest, we thought we would try a CSUV this time. So we booked a Silver Creta 1.5D SX(O) AT on 1-Aug-2021 with delivery in 4 to 5 months. However, I didn’t receive any booking confirmation from Hyundai or the dealer for 2 months. Hyundai then increased the prices sometime in August and within a few weeks of booking, the dealer informed that waiting period will increase to 7 to 8 months. I had already stretched my budget by 4.5L and with the new ETA of March 2022 meant that I will have to face another price hike in Jan 2022. Checked with a few other dealers in Pune and no one was ready to entertain new booking because of supply chain constraints, especially for top end AT variant allocation by Hyundai. The long waiting periods meant we will be without a car for more than expected timeframe.

Revisited Honda City ZX CVT. Dealer was confident to deliver within 3 weeks. Discussed within the family and we all agreed to book the City. Got a sweet deal on the OTR price and booked one on 19th Sept and got it delivered on 10th Oct. I finally received Hyundai booking confirmation SMS after I booked the Honda City (that's almost after 2 months)! Cancelled the Creta after multiple follow ups with the Hyundai dealer. I was immediately offered Alcazar (Petrol & Diesel AT in stock) and Verna to be delivered in 2 weeks (chip shortage not withstanding!). Politely declined the offer and the Hyundai SA handed me a cheque of 18k after deducting 3k.

Last edited by sam264_2000 : 2nd March 2022 at 10:39. Reason: Additional comments

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks