Maruti Ciaz 80 32.52%
Honda City 142 57.72%
Others 24 9.76%
Voters: 246. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 08:56   #46
BHPian

re: Which chauffeur driven car for 12-15 lakhs? Honda City vs Maruti Ciaz

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2021 at 10:44.
NarediAni7518 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st September 2021, 10:46   #47
BHPian

Voted for Ciaz.

1. Ride is plush and takes everything into its stride.

2. Ground clearance is best in segment.

3. Acres of rear seat space and good headroom. Headroom will only be compromised for 6+ footers.

4. Good nexa service. (Atleast in my City).

5. Although City is longest but Ciaz has longest wheel base. That reflects in cabin space too.

6. Also think, just in case you make three people sit at rear they would be more comfortable in Ciaz.
Old 21st September 2021, 12:25   #48
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
After all the deliberations have sorted it down to Maruti Ciaz vs Honda City. Enough has been discussed about strengths and weaknesses of both the vehicles in their respective reviews so wont repost it again. Mind says go for the Ciaz but then the heart says “Honda is Honda”. With this confusion in mind, sharing on the forum to hear your opinions.
Voted for Honda City. What you have said "Honda is Honda" rightly sums up the decision I believe. Honda City feels more premium (subjective) & advanced. If budget is not the defining criterion, I would always recommend Honda City over Maruti Ciaz.
Old 21st September 2021, 12:33   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
One question: why not the Yaris CVT?
I suggest you check it out before making a decision.

Even after that if it boils down to City vs Ciaz, buy the City.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Voted for "Others"
I have owned Ciaz Petrol Manual (Zxi), Honda City previous-gen VX CVT, and presently Yaris VX CVT. I haven't driven Ciaz Auto but CVT in both Yaris and City are smooth. I felt better sound and heat insulation in Yaris with its heat-resistant and sound-deadening glass. (only in VX)

Regards
No offence but personally I find the Yaris too bland for my taste. The lack of rear AC vents is a big negative. The roof mounted air vent is too noisy and the air temperature is pushed by by a few degrees when its working.
Old 21st September 2021, 13:05   #50
BHPian

Quote:
3) Because of broken roads of Gurgaon ground clearance and ride quality are key factors.
Considering the above requirement of "ground clearance" being a key factor, I would not consider Honda City. It depends on what you are looking for.

In Bangalore, there are quite a few speed breakers which bear the mark of the likes of Honda City brushing their belly against the speed breakers. Not sure how the speed breakers in Gurgaon are. If they are not unscientific, Honda City is still a good choice.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 13:59   #51
BHPian

Voted for the City.

It's a premium offering and a plush ride, especially for a backseat passenger. Also, the City's CVT is a long-term peaceful runner. Between the Ciaz and the City, would definitely recommend the latter.
Old 21st September 2021, 18:05   #52
BHPian

Voted city.. Ive owned a honda city for 10Y now its done 1.2L Km and purr's like a kitten. maintenance cost has been very reasonable, no major service till date (other than the shock absorbers)
+1 always Honda for reliability.
Old 21st September 2021, 18:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Mind says go for the Ciaz but then the heart says “Honda is Honda”. With this confusion in mind, sharing on the forum to hear your opinions.
I voted for Honda City, However I suggest you to take a look at Citeron C3 too before you decide, the rear seat will be far ahead of competitions I guess.
Old 21st September 2021, 18:24   #54
BHPian

As someone who purchased the Honda City in 2019 (not the latest gen), for similar reasons (wife driven around), let me add two bits.

The decision would be easier if your wife sits at the back and is driven around in similar roads as what her daily commute is likely to be. The reason I say is that while the Honda City is overall the better packaged vehicle plus Honda reliability is legendary, we have not been very satisfied with the rear seat experience on broken roads. The culprit is most probably the low profile tires that the top-end would come with and perhaps it could be done away with a change to higher profiles straight after delivery. But what the heck, after spending 4 lakhs, if you still have to go ahead and get something aftermarket, that's not sweet at all.

On the other hand, the Ciaz is a dated model and is on it's last legs, in dire need of a refresh. My previous car was a Maruti Swift and while I was happy with the reliability and service experience, the car had a lot of rattles from Year 2, something the entire stable of models is accused of. That, plus safety, though I'm not sure about NCAP ratings of the Ciaz.

Go with the City if the rear seat experience is not marred by the stiff suspension.
Mlanuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 18:41   #55
BHPian

Voted Honda City.

Few things which they do well and perfect at that

- Takes you from point A to B without any issue for life. Under the hood, it is almost a sibling to Toyota and Maruti. Reliability is top-notch.

- Comfort and Space is very well taken care of. 5th Gen interiors make it feel almost like a proper D segment sedan.

- Safety package even from base variant is fully loaded. V CVT is amazing value for money.

Few things they have not nailed yet

- Cabin insulation is not like German/Korean cars. However, it is not far behind.

- Reverse camera and infotainment systems cry for an upgrade.
Old 21st September 2021, 19:13   #56
BHPian

Well my suggestion is going to be XL6 as I have been in the back of all the contenders. So here is my take.
CIAZ- just don't go for it unless kitna deti hai is on your mind for a sedan. Doesn't age well either.
CITY: Well I don't like the build quality of the new city and although this can be winner if you don't mind stretching your budget by another 2 to 3 lacs. The back seat comfort is good compared to ciaz
XL6- Out right winner IMHO. Captain seats are a dream place to be. Drive is very sorted and it has a good CVT gearbox as well. What you will enjoy is the nimbleness in city conditions. So XL6 satisfies all your requirements plus fits in your budget.

Good luck with your choice and safe travels!!
Regards
Laidbackakki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 21:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackakki View Post
XL6- Out right winner IMHO. Captain seats are a dream place to be. Drive is very sorted and it has a good CVT gearbox as well. What you will enjoy is the nimbleness in city conditions. So XL6 satisfies all your requirements plus fits in your budget.
Agree with it. Since it is chauffeur driven, the best choice would be XL6 and it has a dated 4-speed Torque Convertor, not CVT.
Vivek_ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 22:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek_ACM View Post
Agree with it. Since it is chauffeur driven, the best choice would be XL6 and it has a dated 4-speed Torque Convertor, not CVT.
Thanks for pointing that out. Yes was thinking of the honda CVT while writing that. Yes it's dated but in this scenario comfort should trump the gearbox as some of you might agree upon.
Laidbackakki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:26   #59
BHPian

Re: Which chauffeur driven car for 12-15 lakhs? Honda City vs Maruti Ciaz

Yea brother, it is perfect for the city. I use my Alpha AT as a daily runner. Comfort is top-notch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks