Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2021, 19:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Fastest Hatchback under 7-lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
If you don't mind me asking - in which state/city/highway do you find road and people with road sense where you can "push the pedal hard and whizz past everything"?
IMHO Roads in Delhi NCR are quite good compared to other cities as far as space and road conditions are concerned. There were good roads in each of the other metros & tier-2 towns but my personal opinion, nothing beats NCR if you get your timing right. This perhaps could be material for another thread (but have you noticed the numerous car ads that now feature the Gurgaon golf course road underpass that was FTD before they installed cameras and put a ridiculous 50kmph limit)

Agree with you about the point on people with road sense but it can still be managed.

And you don't have to be driving for an hour at 80kmph, on the contrary, a short burst of power on a km long stretch can put a smile on your face.

From all your responses, Polo seems to be a clear winner.
Old 27th April 2021, 22:08   #32
BHPian

Why do I get the feeling that you already decided on the Volkswagen Polo Tc & and somehow created the thread for us to rule out the other choices?

I wish there was a poll for this question , but hands down it's the Polo Tc that you must be looking at!
Old 27th April 2021, 22:37   #33
BHPian

Figo or Freestyle diesel is an excellent choice. It has excellent drivability and gives an average mileage of 16 kmpl in city, service cost is pretty low. A bonus for you would be better rear space than polo.
Old 28th April 2021, 01:20   #34
BHPian

I'll be the odd one out here, but you can even consider the Spresso, you'll save a good 2 lakhs.
It's incredibly fun to drive in the city and gives me atleast 16kmpl with even with spirited gear shifts.
I would recommend the manual version, but an AMT can be had too at 50K extra.
Old 28th April 2021, 06:52   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Polo tsi comfortline at 8.4 lakhs on road is the closest you could get to "fastest hatchback in India" & also to "7 lakhs" budget.

Under 7 lakhs, the ignis is one fun to drive car. Fairly loaded Zeta comes around 7 lakhs on road, gets the segment best 1.2 N/A which is decently fun as well as fuel efficient. Much better space than the Polo but safety is a thing that you will have to compromise.
You don't have any other options unless you go the used car route.

As far as Figo diesel is concerned, Ford has discontinued Trend variant and they start with titanium variant. With the current price hike, it retails around 9.4 lakhs on road. For that budget I would suggest you to pick the polo highline plus or get the Skoda Rapid rider+ tsi which is a proper all rounder car that you would love driving as well. No compromises like in the polo. Spacious, sorted dynamics and better ride quality.

But if you clock 2000+ km a month, Figo diesel will prove to be cheaper in the long run.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 28th April 2021 at 07:03.
Old 28th April 2021, 21:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Why do I get the feeling that you already decided on the Volkswagen Polo Tc & and somehow created the thread for us to rule out the other choices?
Not at all... TBH i wasnt even considering the Polo due its almost end of life status ... I expected Swift to top the charts. But that's why we have TBHP, to open our eyes to other possibilities.

When i bought the i10 10years back, we visited the VW showroom and was very impressed with the build quality. However it was going slightly overbudget and the (lack of) dealership response put us off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks