Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2021, 18:59   #61
BHPian

Re: Which new car for 45 lakhs?

Getting 4 Lakhs discount quotation on iSport. Will negotiate for a bit more. Is this a good discount worth going ahead with? Please provide your thoughts.

Delivery will take 3 weeks post order. If I order in 2-4 weeks then that means delivery at end of Sep or 1st week of October which will be close to Dusshera.
Old 4th August 2021, 19:12   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Getting 4 Lakhs discount quotation on iSport. Will negotiate for a bit more. Is this a good discount worth going ahead with? Please provide your thoughts.

Delivery will take 3 weeks post order. If I order in 2-4 weeks then that means delivery at end of Sep or 1st week of October which will be close to Dusshera.
Its a decent discount at this time when most brands have low stock.
Typically BMW dealers inflate insurance and are able to knock off 1+ lakh off right there. Make sure this 4L is on ex-showroom, not on road, and try to negotiate a discount on BRI or BSI as well + discounted insurance.

For Apple car play check the latest features on BMW website to be double sure and check with recommended tuners (who you may go to if you decide to delete the speedchime as many owners have) if they can retrofit apple car play with the stock unit.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 19:26   #63
BANNED

Quote:

That's a good discount, they typically offer better discounts if you are exchanging a car or getting finance from them (this added 2.5L in my case 2 years back). So you could look at that.
Coming to apple carplay, please ask them for a VIN of the car that they have delivered from this lot or can share build sheet of the same. It would clearly mention carplay as an option if it does have it.

BTW, please ask dealers in other cities as well, 330i is not such a low volume car that it is made to order. I believe you would still get the car even if you don't make this "advance booking". Probably a way for dealer to ensure they have already sold the stock before it has arrived yet.

In terms of discounts, September to November is the best time to close the deal on BMW. So if you have time you can continue the negotiations, unlikely that you'll get a worse deal few months into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

For Apple car play check the latest features on BMW website to be double sure and check with recommended tuners (who you may go to if you decide to delete the speedchime as many owners have) if they can retrofit apple car play with the stock unit.
Apple CarPlay can definitely be checked online but retrofitting on a new car is tricky as it changes the VO order of the car and won't match the factory one. This can create issues when the dealer tries to update or patch anything later. Do that carplay activation ON YOUR OWN RISK.

Speed chime coding though doesn't change it. And doesn't affect the warranty.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 18:16   #64
BHPian

Test drove 330i and C class night edition back to back in a span of 3 hours on the same route that consisted 10 kms of highway and 10 km of outskirts city roads. Here the summary of my experience
1. Drive - 330i much superior due to higher power. C class with 203 bhp was not too bad either. Advantage 330i.
2. Exterior looks - I liked the looks of 330i more than C which looked little dated. Advantage - 330i
3. Interiors - C looked much more premium and luxurious. 330i looked quite ordinary. Advantage - C class
4. Ride quality - 330i was firm, C class soft. C appeared more comfortable overall. C touched the speed breakers a couple of times. 330i just once that too very gently. Advantage - None
5. Music system - C's was slightly better. Advantage - C class
6. our preference - I like 330i while Wife liked C more! Advantage - C class

My reason for 330i - drives better and will remain new as next gen is still 3-4 years away.

Wife argument in favor of C is that if we are spending 50Lakhs then the car must look and feel premium and luxurious. She loved the massage seats, wider sunroof, premium looking buttons, backward moving seats upon opening the door. She felt 330i looked very ordinary from inside and there isn't any feature to talk about. She also believes that Mercedes is a notch above BMW in brand value. Please note that she does not drive!

While our 330i variant of choice is iSport which will probably be <50lakhs OTR (trying to negotiate for this price), C class will probably be 4-5 lakhs more.

It may ultimately come down to the price. The Merc SA told me that they may be able to do something on price as the sales model is changing from Oct and that they have to clear up the stocks by then.

Will try to TD A4 next week to add more confusion to our already confused minds

Request guidance from the esteemed members. Thanks for your guidance so far.

Last edited by FamilyTraveller : 7th August 2021 at 18:32. Reason: added a few lines
Old 7th August 2021, 19:59   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Test drove 330i and C class night edition back to back in a span of 3 hours on the same route that consisted 10 kms of highway and 10 km of outskirts city roads. Here the summary of my experience
1. Drive - 330i much superior due to higher power. C class with 203 bhp was not too bad either. Advantage 330i.
2. Exterior looks - I liked the looks of 330i more than C which looked little dated. Advantage - 330i
3. Interiors - C looked much more premium and luxurious. 330i looked quite ordinary. Advantage - C class
4. Ride quality - 330i was firm, C class soft. C appeared more comfortable overall. C touched the speed breakers a couple of times. 330i just once that too very gently. Advantage - None
5. Music system - C's was slightly better. Advantage - C class
6. our preference - I like 330i while Wife liked C more! Advantage - C class

My reason for 330i - drives better and will remain new as next gen is still 3-4 years away.

Wife argument in favor of C is that if we are spending 50Lakhs then the car must look and feel premium and luxurious. She loved the massage seats, wider sunroof, premium looking buttons, backward moving seats upon opening the door. She felt 330i looked very ordinary from inside and there isn't any feature to talk about. She also believes that Mercedes is a notch above BMW in brand value. Please note that she does not drive!

While our 330i variant of choice is iSport which will probably be <50lakhs OTR (trying to negotiate for this price), C class will probably be 4-5 lakhs more.

It may ultimately come down to the price. The Merc SA told me that they may be able to do something on price as the sales model is changing from Oct and that they have to clear up the stocks by then.

Will try to TD A4 next week to add more confusion to our already confused minds

Request guidance from the esteemed members. Thanks for your guidance so far.
My neighbour got a C220d in Feb and got almost 10% off. He didnt go for any service package nor did he exchange his old car - this was on ex-showroom + insurance. I think the dealer will come within 3L of the 330i.

But.. The next gen c-class is out and will reach our shores next year.
Did you check out the A class? They can do a decent offer on it and it could be under 50L for the diesel. How about discounts on GLA?
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 15:31   #66
BHPian

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions, inputs and guidance. Finally after a couple of years of planning and 2 months of rigorous analysis, test drives, I booked a 330i Sport today. The delivery will happen in 1st week of Oct. My car will now be made against this order.

Overall nearly 5 lakhs discount and a complimentary floor mat.

Thank you once again
FamilyTraveller is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 16:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions, inputs and guidance. Finally after a couple of years of planning and 2 months of rigorous analysis, test drives, I booked a 330i Sport today. The delivery will happen in 1st week of Oct. My car will now be made against this order.

Thank you once again
So you finally went against the Missus, who seemed to be preferring the Merc! Hope no difficult times ahead

However congrats on the 330i booking
Which colour, please post some pics!
What was the final on-road price?
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 16:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
So you finally went against the Missus, who seemed to be preferring the Merc! Hope no difficult times ahead

However congrats on the 330i booking
Which colour, please post some pics!
What was the final on-road price?
Thanks a lot She finally also agreed to go ahead with 330i.

OTR will be 52.6. Booked white with Beige. I will get the car delivery in Oct 1st week. Will post my buying experience then
FamilyTraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 05:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot She finally also agreed to go ahead with 330i.

OTR will be 52.6. Booked white with Beige. I will get the car delivery in Oct 1st week. Will post my buying experience then
Congratulations, great choice. You will enjoy driving this fast machine
Does this price of 52.6 include the 3rd year extended warranty and the BSI 3 yrs/ 40k km service plan also ?
Old 15th August 2021, 22:28   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you once again
Congrats on the booking. Dealers in Delhi charge a handling fee of 95K. Does the same apply in Bengaluru?
Old 16th August 2021, 22:19   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Congrats on the booking. Dealers in Delhi charge a handling fee of 95K. Does the same apply in Bengaluru?
24k is listed as handling and fastag
Old 17th August 2021, 11:53   #72
BHPian

Quote:

OTR will be 52.6.
Congratulations on this excellent choice !
Can you please share your thoughts on 320d if you Test drove it and what is the current OTR for the same in bangalore?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th August 2021 at 11:55. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
starrys987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 16:21   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrys987 View Post
Congratulations on this excellent choice !
Can you please share your thoughts on 320d if you Test drove it and what is the current OTR for the same in bangalore?
Thanks!
I am sorry I did not test drive the 320d. I test drove C class Diesel which is similarly powered. I know it is not a direct comparison and you may not be able to derive any useful conclusion but the power felt adequate for that size of the car.

I did not check if any discounts was getting offered on 320d. The MRP OTR is however 5 lakhs more than 330i Sport so assuming similar discounts you can get a rough idea of its price.
Old 24th September 2021, 16:24   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
I am sorry I did not test drive the 320d.
No issues, thanks. Whats the status of your vehicle delivery? I went ahead and booked a Tucson AWD.
Old 21st October 2021, 19:37   #75
BHPian

Hi all. This is slightly late but I am very happy to let you know I took the possession of my car a couple of weeks ago. In complete love with the way it drives even though I have just driven it 600km without pushing it too much.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and inputs.
Attached Thumbnails
Which new car for 45 lakhs?-d8d3979ea9e94d588e1033dedd4096a7.jpeg  

Which new car for 45 lakhs?-51be7dc0efd6409ca62fb4e9f7500bf4.jpeg  

FamilyTraveller is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks