Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 15:56   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d versus Audi A6

Hi Manvirr,
Have not driven an A6 nor for that matter a 530d.
Can only address your concern re the runflats.
Have been using the runflats on a 320d since December 07 and apart from a few punctures,duly repaired without running the car for more than a few kilometres after the tyre pressure warning light came on,have had no issues with the tyres.
Just recently switched the rears with the fronts when I purchased 2 new fronts having covered nearly 40k km. with the original set,including several Bangalore-Mumbai-Bangalore drives with less-than-ideal road conditions.
If you enjoy driving,dont look beyond the 530d is my advice.
Have read endless reviews and comparisons,when I upgrade shortly(hopefully),the 530d or the new 3l. X3(with the 530d engine) is the car I will buy.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Have you considered the Jaguar XF Diesel? It would would be an interesting choice and would definitely stand out from the crowd!

Costs about the same as a 530D as well!

Cheers!
Old 25th August 2011, 16:27   #18
Team-BHP Support

Re: Buying BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Have had both cars at my doorstep earlier this month and here are my quick observations and summary. I drove both cars around for 2 days each.

OT but I thought I read on your thread that you had the A4 3.2 and the 525d. Your a lucky guy if you had these too. Make a thread man.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
OT but I thought I read on your thread that you had the A4 3.2 and the 525d. Your a lucky guy if you had these too. Make a thread man.
The 3.2 TFSI A4 is my boss's car! Got to drive that car in Delhi itself, my car is parked right next to it everyday. A6 is bought by a relative and 530D was a family friend's car. So yeah, drove all of them. Will create a thread with my detailed driving impressions soon. Finding very little time for extra curricular activities now a days, Akshay!
Old 25th August 2011, 16:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

The 530D will probably give you more smiles per mile IF you are always driving and dont have pathetic roads in your locality. It sure is more driver focused and eager.
Having said that, the A6 probably trumps the 530d in more departments. It does not have RFTs, it comes with a space saver, has much better quality interiors, peach of an engine (trust me on this 1, i have the same engine in my A4 albeit pre-upgrade but same state of tune), marginally more space than the 530d in the rear, will insulate you from bad roads and potholes better than the 5, loaded to the gills with tech etc.
They are very closely matched and picking a winner would be very very difficult. Goes down to your preference. Both are ridiculously quick, loaded and good looking in their own ways. While the BMW is hardcore driver focused the Audi also has some consideration for the back seat. You could not go wrong with either. Drive extensively and take the plunge.
Note of advice - The A6 comes with loads of optional packages which could take the final invoice to astronomical levels so be careful with what you choose. Best example being , those LED headlamps cost a whopping 2 odd lakhs i think. Go for all that tech only IF YOU HAVE TO.
Old 25th August 2011, 17:50   #21
BHPian

I have decided. 530D it is. Will order it tomorrow. Will start another thread once I get it. I agree Audi is feature rich but BMW really won my heart. I am a hardcore driver and don't like to be driven ever... Most of my journeys will be on good highways. Fortunately here in Chandigarh, the roads are really good.

Thanks team for your feedback and suggestions.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvirr View Post
I have decided. 530D it is. Will order it tomorrow. Will start another thread once I get it. I agree Audi is feature rich but BMW really won my heart. I am a hardcore driver and don't like to be driven ever... Most of my journeys will be on good highways. Fortunately here in Chandigarh, the roads are really good.

Thanks team for your feedback and suggestions.

Congrats Manvirr; 530D is an excellent choice indeed, for a hard core driver. Man, that turbo kick is to die for. Looking forward to your ownership review. Guess you are getting your Beemer from Krishna Automobiles, thats where my family friend got his 530D too. What color have you decided upon?

Drive hard and drive safe. Cheers.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:13   #23
BHPian

Hi Ace,

I have decided on Black. Yes its Krishna Automobiles. Just out of curiosity, what is your friends feedback on the Krishna Automobiles and their after sales service?

Manvir
Old 25th August 2011, 18:21   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Do all BMWs with runflats also come with TPMS? In which case it should be easy to know when you have a flat and repair it asap(provided you're not stuck, to quote GTO's pet scenario, exactly halfway between Mumbai and Goa )
Apprently, it is a legal requirement abroad for runflats
Old 25th August 2011, 18:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Ace,

I have decided on Black. Yes its Krishna Automobiles. Just out of curiosity, what is your friends feedback on the Krishna Automobiles and their after sales service?

Manvir
Just a suggestion if you don't mind. If you haven't owned a black car before then don't buy this in black. Its a pain to maintain. Do check out space grey with cinnamon brown/black interiors, its a killer combination.
Old 25th August 2011, 18:55   #26
BHPian

Thanks Akshay,

I own a black honda accord as of now.

Manvir
Old 25th August 2011, 19:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ace,

Manvir
My friend's experience while buying the car from Krishna Automobiles was very good, though I can not comment on their A.S.S. since he hasn't given his car for servicing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Just a suggestion if you don't mind. If you haven't owned a black car before then don't buy this in black. Its a pain to maintain. Do check out space grey with cinnamon brown/black interiors, its a killer combination.
True, and the car looks sweet in silver with brown interiors as well. Black is my personal favorite on any car but white too looks good and posh on F10 Beemers.

About Black, Akshay has rightly pointed out that it is a pain to maintain a black car, coupled with the fact that it gets too hot during North Indian summars. But you can not beat the beauty of a Shiny Black car anyday.

OT: Akshay, sorry mate but I think I typed a bit too fast in my thread, I drove 530D, not the 525D. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 25th August 2011, 20:30   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Akshay,

I own a black honda accord as of now.

Manvir
I too have an 07 Accord V6 in black. Man you should put up an ownership thread, we don't have many on the V6s. Aah so then you do know what a pain a black car is, but do check out the color combo I mentioned above, its worth a look.

Ace - No problem buddy. You also mentioned you found the Idrive screen small? On the 530d its full size, and on the 525d its small.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th August 2011 at 20:39.
Old 25th August 2011, 21:12   #29
BHPian

Sure Akshay.... Will look at the color combo. I'll visit the bmw US site and configure the car to see the color combo.

I'll try and write up on the V6 ownership in a few days. V6 gives a kick every time I drive it. The car is really smooth and slick.

Cheers
Old 25th August 2011, 22:38   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes its Krishna Automobiles. Just out of curiosity, what is your friends feedback on the Krishna Automobiles and their after sales service?
I have bought around 4 beemers in last couple of years and can vouch for them . You need not worry on anything including service . All the guys are very informative & there owner overlooks all operations and is very cooperative .

You should buy BSI package , which you can buy anytime before fist service .

Quote:
configure the car to see the color combo
I think BMW India has less possibilities and they have some concept of allocations where cars are ordered by Dealers in advance , so you need to check what options are available in there plan else you will have to wait a little longer .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks