Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 17:28   #46

Re: Logan or Figo (both top diesel models)

Dear vina

your car is an extension of you. Just as people judge you based on what you wear and how you wear it, there is a lot your car can reveal about your personality. It was in light of this theory(which btw holds true in the society we live in) that I was discouraging you from the Ford and Lagan.

I for one wouldnt want people to look at my car and think that I am the sort of person who can be duped easily. If I drive around a car that has many design flaws and cost cutting features, when there are other cars available in the market for the same price, what does that tell you about the sort of person I am. That I am either too careless to look into the details, or am too stupid and gullible -a fair game for your average con artist.

It's a shame you do not fancy the Desire, otherwise you could have gone for that. Or the Ritz. (yes, you did tell me why you didnt shortlist these cars) If only the Micra had been fitted with 2 reverse lights it would have made perfect sense to purchase that. The diesel engine on the Micra is the same fitted in the Lagan, sourced from Renault.
Old 27th April 2011, 02:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meili View Post
Dear vina

your car is an extension of you. Just as people judge you based on what you wear and how you wear it, there is a lot your car can reveal about your personality. It was in light of this theory(which btw holds true in the society we live in) that I was discouraging you from the Ford and Lagan.

I for one wouldnt want people to look at my car and think that I am the sort of person who can be duped easily. If I drive around a car that has many design flaws and cost cutting features, when there are other cars available in the market for the same price, what does that tell you about the sort of person I am. That I am either too careless to look into the details, or am too stupid and gullible -a fair game for your average con artist.

It's a shame you do not fancy the Desire, otherwise you could have gone for that. Or the Ritz. (yes, you did tell me why you didnt shortlist these cars) If only the Micra had been fitted with 2 reverse lights it would have made perfect sense to purchase that. The diesel engine on the Micra is the same fitted in the Lagan, sourced from Renault.
To each one his own, I guess.

I don't pass judgements on people based on their cars, or clothes or the like. As far as other people passing judgement on me - those who know me wouldn't dare, those who don't I don't care.

We did consider Micra by the way - but didn't buy (and I didn't know about the rear light till you mentioned it). Reasons were multiple - there are very few dealerships, cost of ownership etc. unknown, bizarre design choices (Airbags but no ABS ! ) and most of all - it looked and felt small inside (compared to Figo).

Last edited by vina : 27th April 2011 at 02:08.
Old 27th April 2011, 02:09   #48
Senior - BHPian

I went to do PDI today, they did not have the car at the showroom and since it was late I postponed it to tomorrow.

will post the experience tomorrow.
Old 27th April 2011, 02:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I just went through GTO's post on Verito. News stories are reporting much smaller prices than Logan but I haven't been able to find the official site. can someone guide me to that?

Is there any difference between Verito and Logan?

also what is the price of top-end varient?

Fortunately I haven't paid anything more than the booking amount yet for the Figo. If this is Logan by another name at a reasonable price, I probably would cancel figo booking and buy Verito
Old 27th April 2011, 03:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE:

found the website, it is the same as the old Logan website (loganlovesindia.com)

The top end variant is no cheaper than earlier Logan :(
Old 27th April 2011, 10:24   #51
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post

found the website, it is the same as the old Logan website (loganlovesindia.com)

The top end variant is no cheaper than earlier Logan :(
Saw your latest post on FFoF thread.

The Logan/Verito seems to be old wine in a old bottle with a label change. Your decision on Figo is on the right track, IMHO.
Old 27th April 2011, 21:25   #52
BHPian

Vina,
went thru the entire thread and i think your reasoning is spot on. When i went for the Figo around an year back and a similar thought process worked for me. The only difference was that i was interested for i20 too but didn't go for it because of the ac cooling issues. After one year, i can tell you that the car is around 23k kms now and no complaints. does all of the things that i expect from a car in this segment. Good luck with your purchase

@Meili suggest that you read thru the forum as to what the members feel about the Figo and it's well deserved success. read GTO's review too and the car of the year 2011 thread.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 27th April 2011 at 21:42.
Old 27th April 2011, 23:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

did the PDI and made the money transfer today. Car will be delivered tomorrow.
Old 27th April 2011, 23:39   #54
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, looking forward for a review soon. Delivery is immediate? Wow!
Old 28th April 2011, 01:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations, looking forward for a review soon. Delivery is immediate? Wow!
Thanks

delivery could have been today - if I had given them cash or DD. I transferred via RTGS but they told me they'll get the money in 3 hours (it was always 4pm, so I let it drop though on earlier occasions I have seen RTGS transfers happening within 1 hour)

Last edited by vina : 28th April 2011 at 01:14.
Old 28th April 2011, 15:17   #56
BHPian

All the best Vina, hope you clock many miles in this car

Reading through the thread, though, I have a point to make on the reverse-light "deprivation" by some manufacturers (and pointed out in some of the posts above) -

Whats the big fuss about the single reverse light!? How many people (in India) actually realise if you are backing up while they happily bang into your car's boot (especially pedestrians and cyclists)? And this after one has no less than 2 reverse lights, reverse horn, blinkers on - the works!

This is nothing but highlighting trivial issues to fill up the minimal word count requirements on a +ve/-ve table - if ever there was one. It can definitely not be something that influences the decision!

I did read somewhere that car buyers and brides are alike - this should have been under "examples" !
Old 28th April 2011, 16:43   #57
BHPian

Congrats Vina on the purchase, Awaiting pics and detail initial ownership review
And i agree with rlakhanpal here, people really don't even bother to see if u are taking your vehicle in reverse...u put the music, you put parking lamps..honk do anything but this is India and unless someone comes under your car no one even bothers to notice...These are just becoming market gimmicks and i like to stay away from them

Can you just give us a heads up on which color did you choose..how much did you pay and also any additional accessories you went for etc..it would help new buyers like us
Old 28th April 2011, 17:21   #58
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. You just took a car with the best AC amongst all the Hatchbacks available in market.
Hope you went for ABS/Airbag version.
Looking forward to the ownership thread soon.

Drive safe.
Old 28th April 2011, 20:00   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post it .
But on 17th of April I took the logan cab to Airport and my jaws dropped after seeing the odo. See for yourself.
Attachment 535297
Yes, it has 250,538 kms on the odo.
Still the ride was very silent and composed at the back.
Not recommending anything here but just putting forward what I witnessed.

EDIT: apologies for the bad picture quality.
I took a Logan cab from Bangalore airport this week & the odo read 225,000+ km. And the ride quality was better than most of the new hatchbacks!
Old 28th April 2011, 23:10   #60
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, brought the Figo home today.

Will be putting details up on the weekend but on a different thread. - let this one be a comparison thread. Not many other places have reviews from people owning both Logan and Figo (for that manner not many Logan owners around anyway).

If I had (more importantly my wife had) seen this thread before we booked a Figo, it probably would have been a Logan.

By the way, I was talking to my wife on phone 30 min ago, and told her about this thread. When I told her the thread is about "Figo or Logan" quick came the reply - why not both?

Last edited by vina : 28th April 2011 at 23:19.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks