Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 08:14   #106
BHPian

Re: Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
That's too kind of you, Mr. Kumar! I almost feel like Rajanikanth now (...)
I'm dying to hear the exhaust note of a Yezdi 350 again (The Fury 175 being another one that I'm reminiscing about as I type).....
....Yaeh!! Even before meeting you, I imagined you to be "SANJEEV KUMAR",for a year or two...based on the telephone conversation...but seeing you first time...I saw a RAJINIKANTH in you

Wanna listen to YEZDI 350 exhaust note..?
Ah!! here it is>>>

Click on the above pic to get the video :-)

Last edited by powertwin : 10th October 2013 at 08:15.
powertwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 08:47   #107
BHPian

My IND-SUZUKI AX100- 1985 restored !!

Why?.....WHY??.....hurray WHY the hell Ind-Suzuki in your collection??
...yaeh!! this was reaction by most of our friends, when thy saw this SIMPLE, HUMBLE machine parked along with my other Classics !!

I do believe IND-SUZUKI AX 100,The first Ind-Jap 100cc which was introduced at end of 1984 , deserves at least a PAGE in Indian Automobile History...It might not be a FIRE BREATHER, nor Stylish than its Arch rivals of that period, but for sure a NO NONSENSE, TROUBLE Ultra Cool Bike, which was a real gift for a average Indian Commuter !!
Here is my IND-SUZUKI AX 100 (1985)>>

A Ad from 1985 magazine about IND_SUZUKI :-

Technical S
pec sheet of Ind-Suzuki AX100 ( in pic )>

1)
2)

4) The First Small capacity Bike to come with Factory fitted "CRASH Guard" & Saree
Gaurd ">>

powertwin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 11:10   #108
BHPian

Re: My IND-SUZUKI AX100- 1985 restored !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Why?.....WHY??.....hurray WHY the hell Ind-Suzuki in your collection??
...yaeh!! this was reaction by most of our friends, when thy saw this SIMPLE, HUMBLE machine parked along with my other Classics !!

I do believe IND-SUZUKI AX 100,The first Ind-Jap 100cc which was introduced at end of 1984 , deserves at least a PAGE in Indian Automobile History...It might not be a FIRE BREATHER, nor Stylish than its Arch rivals of that period, but for sure a NO NONSENSE, TROUBLE Ultra Cool Bike, which was a real gift for a average Indian Commuter !!
Here is my IND-SUZUKI AX 100 (1985)>>
Simply beautiful sir.. She may not be glamorous but she certainly meant business. I have fond memories as a kid of riding on a 1986 Ind Suzuki which belonged to my uncle. Good luck..

Priyadarshan

Last edited by karlosdeville : 10th October 2013 at 11:44. Reason: Removing entire quote
Old 10th October 2013, 14:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

While we're on the subject of Jap bikes, can anyone confirm if the Yamaha RX 100 is a 2-stroke or 4-stroke?
Old 10th October 2013, 14:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
While we're on the subject of Jap bikes, can anyone confirm if the Yamaha RX 100 is a 2-stroke or 4-stroke?

2-Stroke man! That's what makes bikes like RX, Shogan, Shaolin, Ind-Suzuki etc so special!

Pic - shYam with the Yam!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-aa.jpg  

Last edited by Karthik1100 : 10th October 2013 at 14:20.
Karthik1100 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 14:26   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post

2-Stroke man! That's what makes bikes like RX, Shogan, Shaolin, Ind-Suzuki etc so special!
Ind-Suzuki is a 2-stroke?? But then why that sticker on the tank of Powertwin's bike, not to add oil to petrol??
Old 10th October 2013, 15:43   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Ind-Suzuki is a 2-stroke?? But then why that sticker on the tank of Powertwin's bike, not to add oil to petrol??
There was an engine oil tank on the side panel of these bikes, yamaha and kawasaki also included. A small oil pump feeded oil to the engine. On yamaha there was a gauge and needle to indicate the level, other bikes had just the slight glass.

Most of the times, the pump failed or the pipeline leaked so many would go the conventional way of adding oil with the petrol .
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 22:36   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
I'll request my friend, who's on TBHP too, to chip in with his memories of his Yezdi 350 from the past.
Well, I guess I'm the one Prabal is talking about. I bought a Yezdi 350 in 1988 from Khanna Automobiles in Safdarjung, New Delhi. What a great bike it was. It cost me a princely amount of Rs. 18000/- and a YamDoot-350 was for 24,000/-Well, I had a lot of fun on it, even rode it from from Nasirabad (where I was posted) to delhi on a few occasions, all siad, a tough no nonsense high stance bike but not the one for high speed, full throttle, road work. It had a nasty tendency to sieze if driven too hard. This was on account of absence of a separate oil pump, a la Yamdoot- 350. This one relied on Petroil mix. Even though it was an undersquare engine (Compared to an oversquare engine of the Yamdoot 350), the RPMs coupled with the hot el inde climate, did it in. However, if driven sedately, it could log three aboard, with loaded saddlebags, day after day after day day after day...

Last edited by windiesel : 12th October 2013 at 22:41.
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 20:18   #114
BHPian

BSA Bantam -D1 - (1950)

My BSA Bantam- D1 - { 1950 }

What does a Bantam means to me?

As most of my buddies know pretty well, my collection of motorcycles go with a theme - EVOLUTION
As already have more than dozen two stroke machines & 2 rear plunger suspension machines, so Bantam shouldn't be there in the collection :-)

But Why then?

Despite the Bantam being considered the archetypal 'truly British' lightweight motorcycle outselling all others, a German design. It’s commonly known, especially amongst Bantam enthusiasts!
"OPERATION PAPER CLIP " by the Americans, Soviets, English & even Japan after world war II, in which they vigorously harvested the technical knows, patents & scientists from Germany. Thus four countries & 4 Automobile manufactures snatched the same.
"Two wheeler" DKW 's RT 125 and went for some mods and restyling to call them " Hummer" (America- Harley Davidson) , "Москва M1A" (U.S.S.R), BSA Bantam (England - B.S.A) & Yamaha to produced some copies but with their identity :-)

When I ever see or read about a Bantam I feel BSA *OPC* (BSA operation Paper Clip) though these are known to most of us, but couldn't resist telling why BSA OPC - sorry Bantam BSA in my collection!

Here are the pics of my BSA Bantam -D1 - 1950 restored to its glory very recently

Last edited by karlosdeville : 1st August 2014 at 11:16. Reason: Formatting text
powertwin is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 07:50   #115
BHPian

Annaa, good to see you back here after long time & as usual with a Classic in your natural great finishing. The bike looks so fresh, may be backed by the colour. The rooster logo & bulb horn are for real? pretty interesting.
cheers...
Rennjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 11:59   #116
BHPian

My Honda XLV 750 R - (1985)

Hi folks !!
My recent post at this thread " My Honda XLV 750R- (1985) in *This THREAD* was made as separate thread while editing by the moderator (Rehaan)
Wish to have that post here in this thread for some obvious reasons
here is the link >>

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155918

Any ways for easy access for the members & guest ..wish to re- post it here...

Here is it >> ......
Honda XLV750R was only in production for a few years, however it provided the basis and was the forerunner of the Transalp and Africa twin. The XLV750R was sold in Europe from 1983 -1986.

This HONDA XLV 750 R is RD 01 type, where as the other one being *RF* version.

The major difference between the two versions is the painting, the RD version est 'rather flashy' in three colors : blue, white, red n(HRC color scheme ), but now mine is two tone!!

While the RF version is 'rather invisible' in two colors : black + red or black + grey. In fact, the last bikes in RD version sold at the beginning of 1985 have received some of the modifications planned for the RF version, as the adjustable rear suspension... and may be all or part of the mechanical modifications.

Now the Tech Specs of this (My) XLV 750 R :-
Make Model: Honda XLV 750
Year: 1985
Engine: Air/oil cooled, four stoke, 45°V-four cylinders, SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder
Capacity: 749 cc
Bore x Stroke: 79.5 x 75.5 mm
Compression Ratio: 8.4:1
Induction: 2x Keihin VD Throttle bore 36 mm
Ignition / Starting: CDI / electric
Max Power: 61 hp @ 7000 rpm
Max Torque: 68.4 Nm @ 5500 rpm
Transmission / Drive: 5 Speed / shaft
Gear Ratio: 1st 2.500:1 (40116) 2nd 1.750:1 (35120) 3rd 1.291:1 (31124) 4th 1.000:1 (28128) 5th 0.833:1 (25130)
Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
Frame: Double cradle
Front Suspension: Telescopic forks, 200 mm wheel travel
Rear Suspension: Air assisted Pro-Link, 180 mm wheel travel
Front Brakes: Single 276 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
Rear Brakes: Drum
Front Tyre: 90/90 21
Rear Tyre: 130/80 17
Seat Height: 855 mm
Dry-Weight / Wet-Weight: 195 kg / 212 kg
Fuel Capacity: 19.5 Litres
Top Speed: 165-170 km/h