Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 20:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
Powertwin is the owner
Think girishpv desperately needs one like this... ...wish him good luck

Enfeild FANTABULUS
!963 model one & only Scotter from from "Royal Enfeild", with 173 cc 2 stroke villiers powertrain, with "SIBA-DYNA" start. ( plz ,check a separate thread regarding Fantabuls at Tbhp)....now my Fant'..s
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-eantabulus-1.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-fantabulus-2.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-fantabulus-3.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-fantabulus-4.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-fantabulus-5.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 20:25   #32
BHPian

hey trammway,

thats some collection man ! mindblowing ! Out of this world !

My favourites were the fury and the bond when they were released. I had sat on the fury in the showroom feeling it, though my dad never agreed to buy it, sinc eit was supposed to ride fast.

I remember riding my friend's BSA BOND when he had got it to the college during my engineering days. I remember how my friend was scared while i was riding in the cubbon park which is next to my engineeing college. He was asking me to ride slowly and imagine i was scared when he said that it does a wheelie if accelerated suddenly !!!

I am sure to visit Muthukumar during my January business visit to Kovai. Would you mind sending me his no by PM please.

@POWERTWIN

Hats off to you ! Great Job !

Where are you put up in Kovai ! I would like to visit you, would you please PM your no.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 25th December 2009 at 20:30.
Old 26th December 2009, 17:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

@powertwin, I was so lucky enough to see the Honda Twin while it was under restoration. I felt like seeing new born when I saw the Honda pics you posted.

Great work as always.

We are all awaiting for the rest of beauties to take exhibition train in this thread... The Cycle category should be featured here final item, lets keep the suspense with us.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:47   #34
BHPian

@ Powertwin,
Congrats on a new purchase of Enfield Fantabulous.
Please start another thread on its restoration.
Your Suvega is fantastic, slightly nostalgic about Suvega always as my great grandfather used to have it, but it all got rusted at our native place Ratnagiri & then my grandfather sadly scrapped it.
Please PM me your e-mail ID, will send you a SUVEGA advertisement published in newspaper.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
hey trammway,

I am sure to visit Muthukumar during my January business visit to Kovai. Would you mind sending me his no by PM please.

@POWERTWIN

Where are you put up in Kovai ! I would like to visit you, would you please PM your no.
Why PM ???...
here's my contact info :
K.Muthu Kumar
1259 C, Avinashi Road,
Peelamedu (po),
Coimbatore-641004
mob: 09363146862
E-mail: chitra_auto@yahoo.com
You are always welcome
ps: kindly confirm my availability at least before you leave to my place.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:23   #36
BHPian

My Mini Bullet

Just posting few pics of my MINI BULLET.
the only stock part missing is the O.E Exhaust (it has a Ind-Suzuki muffler,but i have procured a original silencer assy a couple of months ago, have to fix it OR LAZY).
According to me, MINI BULLET OR ENFEILD 200 is a collector's item for any Indian Bike enthusiast !!!!
WHY ?????
.........we'll discuss later
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1739.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1740.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 21:23   #37
BHPian

hey Muthu,

This is a big thanks to you. I visit Kovai every month on business. Will definitely confirm with you too during my next visit.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:47   #38
BHPian

My YEZDI JET

Yezdi Jet or Yezdi 60cc
Facts & Figures:
Manufactured by : IDEAL JAWA(INDIA) pvt ltd.
engine : 2 Stroke. Air cooled
Capacity : 60cc
bore X stroke :42 X 44 mm
comp ratio : 8.2 : 1
carb : JIKOV 2915 PS ( later it was replaced with a Spaco, sorry, dunno the type of that Spaco
carb)
Power ; 3.8 BHP @ 6000rpm
max speed : 65 kmph ( claimed by the company)
Transmisson :3 speed gear box & chain drive (final)
Wheels : Front & Rear Interchangeable .
The makers of Jawa brought this 60cc ultra light weight bike with graceful lines. higher output.improved carbureattion ,easy handling & riding comfot with good road holding qualities.
This could be classified as one of the foremost machines in its class at early 80's in INDIA, hence in my GARAGE
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1758.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1766.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 21:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Why PM ???...
here's my contact info :
K.Muthu Kumar
1259 C, Avinashi Road,
Peelamedu (po),
Coimbatore-641004
mob: 09363146862
E-mail: chitra_auto@yahoo.com
You are always welcome
ps: kindly confirm my availability at least before you leave to my place.
Thank you Powertwin for providing your contact. You are having an amazing collection!! Once I sent you a PM requesting your contact. Will be meeting you during my next visit to India.
Old 26th December 2009, 22:02   #40
BHPian

My Jawa Piony'r ( Jawa 50cc model 555) !961.

Jawa Piony'r

This cute little Bike has a engine with a capacity of 49.9cc delivering a maximum out put of 2.2 bhp @5500 rpm,has a 3 speed gearbox with almost same dimensions as in YEZDI jet.
It has a air in flater under the single saddle and accer cables in housed in side the the steering it self.
Though it came the name JAWA, it was manufactured by "Motokov Praha " of Czechoslovakia.( I find it difficult to prnounce these toungue twisting name than restoring these beauties)
Manufacturing quality of the machine can be understood,by seeing the parts like,clutch,Twist grips,etc., they still going strong.
"A true forever bike,forever value"
This cute bike was brought to India & sold by m/s IDEAL Jawa from 1961 to 1967 ( seniors help !!!..is it '67 or 69
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1757.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1755.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1748.jpg  

Old 26th December 2009, 22:33   #41
BHPian

My JAWA "kyavaka" 1961

Couldn't resist from posting some pics of my "JAWA kayavaka' or "Tank key Jawa".
BUT, If Am to go for posting Facts & Figures of a "JAWA 250" for a Bike Enthusiast community like T-Bhp, then..........

ps: But we can still we can share our restoration ideas& memories about this
"For Ever BIKE, For Ever VALUE" Legend
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1771.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1780.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1782.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-imgp1776.jpg  

Old 30th December 2009, 21:00   #42
BHPian

AJS- was already posted during some discussion

Old 30th December 2009, 21:09   #43
BHPian

Vespa VBA (1960)

Do not confuse with the Orange/ Pearl one displayed at Auto Show!!!
That one is Step Meter one 1965 VESPA.
Now pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-dsc03996.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-dsc03997.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-dsc04006.jpg  

Old 30th December 2009, 21:19   #44
BHPian

Facts about VESPA - INDIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Do not confuse with the Orange/ Pearl one displayed at Auto Show!!!
That one is Step Meter one 1965 VESPA.
Now pics...
Let me share some facts about VESPA, :
In 1960 Bajaj, obtained a manufacturing license from the Indian Government. Under licence from Piaggio, Bajaj Auto Ltd started production of vespa 150 identical to the Italian VBA 150cc model built in Italy between 1958-1960. The original factory facility in Kurla was not up to Piaggio's standards, so a new one was built in Akurdi, near Pune in 1963, the scooters were produced entirely in India, without any parts needing to be shipped from Italy.

But on 31st March 1971 the technical collaboration with Piaggio & Co. expired and the brand name of the vehicles manufactured by the company was changed from Vespa to Bajaj from April. This followed a lengthy legal battle with Piaggio for many years.

The Indian Vespa had a 3 speed engine, round back monocoque chassis, 8" solid wheels and had no battery. Its is also said that the metal chassis was a thicker grade than that of the Italian made ones. They had an oval speedo but from 1966 these were changed to a round speedo. The transition was to a step meter and then to round speedo. Over 150,000 genuine vespa badged and licenced scooters were build by the Bajaj factory. Their chassis and engine number started with V252, V402 or V462.

Production: 1960 - 1971 (but RC books can be found registered till 1974)
Engine Size: 145cc Bore x stroke: 57 x 58mm Carburetor: Dellorto SI 20/17
Gears: Three/Four-speed manual
Horsepower: 5.5ps @ 5,000rpmTop Speed: 87 km/h
Tire Size: 3.5 x 8 inch
Brakes: Front and rear drums Fuel Capacity: 7.7 litres Fuel Usage: 47 km/l Weight: 93 kg.

The above details was sent to me by my Friend "Die-Hard Scooter Fan", GURU "akka" Scoot GURU / retro-scooters.

Last edited by Dippy : 31st December 2009 at 10:20. Reason: Editing font tags. Please do not use external editors to type out your post.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:27   #45
BHPian

This bike has a CANTI-LEVER Mono-shock absorber[/quote]

Had to post some more pics of BSA BOND, to expose more details of this BIKE
Attached Thumbnails
Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-dsc04343.jpg  

Classic 2-wheelers in Coimbatore - featuring Powertwin's collection-dsc04344.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks