Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 20:34   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
@ all:

Now some monogram pic for members to guess:
Is that a Brass Whale???
& also interested to know what kind of stuff is this??
For sure its Car ornament, but of what???
Seniors guess!!
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-sdc13498-copy.jpg  

Old 26th September 2010, 10:06   #662
Senior - BHPian

saw this ad for VW spares in the classifieds section.
But I doubt whether the items are genuine VW /german

Team-BHP Classifieds - Volkswagen Beetle Outside Mirror (Right) 1968-77 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 26th September 2010, 12:13   #663
BHPian

Quote:
& also interested to know what kind of stuff is this?? For sure its Car ornament, but of what???
Look like '61 Chevy fender-top (is that the right word for the part?) spears to me.
Old 26th September 2010, 14:24   #664
BHPian

Morris 8 E (1948) Pistons & spare parts

Urgently needed 4 Pistons, rings, sleeves, valves, springs, bearings for my Morris 8 E 1948 model car. Presently engine is opened up for tuning, some parts were damaged need replacement.

I learned it might be avalable in Mumbai, appreciate and will be grateful if anybody in Mumbai find these engine parts NOS or in good condition. Would appreciate help, can send me PM or call 09573452243.

Thanks & regards,

Last edited by vintagepoint5 : 26th September 2010 at 14:26. Reason: typo
Old 27th September 2010, 20:46   #665
BHPian

Quote:
When Standard parts & Morris parts came, he has also sent me a " Miller Brass Magneto unit", he told it was for James Ml, but it was some thing different with 51/2 inch Outer diameter & model says its " Miller - RE -2" , Guess its of Royal Enfeild PRINCE, Ensign,Ambassador,Flying flea etc...
Can be used for for James, Norman ( all less 150cc engines) with adding or extracting few grams on the flywheel!!
Anybody desperately needing this kind of Fly wheel magnetos ( that to Miller) can use this opportunity
Oops!!...the stuff has attracted many of our members....
.....though initially the asking price was high !! ( I felt !!)
finally our Cochin Dentist has picked the 'Miller Flywheel magneto assy.
Go Doc !! keep collecting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Look like '61 Chevy fender-top (is that the right word for the part?) spears to me.
Its great Prabhal Ji !!
BTW, At your busy " common wealth games Village preparation work", how come you remember all these things???

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 27th September 2010 at 21:57. Reason: Posts merged. Please take a look at the Mod note added at the end of your post. Thanks
Old 28th September 2010, 18:37   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Its great Prabhal Ji !! BTW, At your busy " common wealth games Village preparation work", how come you remember all these things???
Thank you, Mr. Kumar. I guess not being involved in the "CWG Village preparation work" in any way whatsoever allows me to ponder over sporting matters involving javelins, arrows and the above spears!
Old 30th September 2010, 15:39   #667
BHPian

Seen this advertisement of Fiat 1100 Millicento Tail Lights available for sale in Team BHP classifieds section:
(Don't know whether these tail lights are the original one.)
Team-BHP Classifieds - Plastic Tail Lamp for Fiat Millicento - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 11th October 2010, 21:57   #668
BHPian

GM Engine of the 60s

I have Vauxhall Cresta PC 1967 Powerglide. It was bought without the engine & gearbox in the early 80s, we had installed a Amby petrol engine. I am not aware of any other Vauxhall PC in India so getting the Orignal Vauxhall engine & transmission i guess is impossible. This vehicle had a GM 3.3 Ltr 6 cyl OHV with 2/3 gear powerglide transmission. I am looking for a similar engine from GM which were installed in the Novas & other car of late 60s, it also came with powerglide transmission. If anybody has any clue about the engine, transmission or novas"for parts vehicle". Please tell me.
Any information about other compatible engine/transmission woud be really helpful.

I also do have a Fiat 124 engine & transmission in great condition, if anybody needs it PM me.

regards
invinci
Old 11th October 2010, 22:33   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invinci View Post
I have Vauxhall Cresta PC 1967 Powerglide. It was bought without the engine & gearbox in the early 80s, we had installed a Amby petrol engine. I am not aware of any other Vauxhall PC in India so getting the Orignal Vauxhall engine & transmission i guess is impossible. This vehicle had a GM 3.3 Ltr 6 cyl OHV with 2/3 gear powerglide transmission. I am looking for a similar engine from GM which were installed in the Novas & other car of late 60s, it also came with powerglide transmission. If anybody has any clue about the engine, transmission or novas"for parts vehicle".
My late friend's (Dr Shrikant Jichkar, ex-M.P. and ex-Minister, Maharashtra) LHD Chevrolet Nova Chevy II of 1966 with the 6 cyl OHV engine and auto transmission was put up for sale a year back in "as is where is" condition.It was also put up by me in the "Classics Available For Purchase" thread here.
The car has been sold for a pittance a few months ago.I am sure the engine was the same you have enquired about.The pictures here:-
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc04092.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc04093.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc04096.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-untitled1.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 11th October 2010 at 22:35.
Old 11th October 2010, 22:54   #670
BHPian

[quote=anjan_c2007;2102364]My late friend's (Dr Shrikant Jichkar, ex-M.P. and ex-Minister, Maharashtra) LHD Chevrolet Nova Chevy II of 1966 with the 6 cyl OHV engine and auto transmission was put up for sale a year back in "as is where is" condition.It was also put up by me in the "Classics Available For Purchase" thread here.
The car has been sold for a pittance a few months ago.I am sure the engine was the same you have enquired about.The pictures here:-
quote]

Can you please enquire about its current owner and get me his contact info? Can you tell(PM) me at what cost it was sold?

regards
invinci
Old 12th October 2010, 17:08   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=invinci;2102388]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
My late friend's (Dr Shrikant Jichkar, ex-M.P. and ex-Minister, Maharashtra) LHD Chevrolet Nova Chevy II of 1966 with the 6 cyl OHV engine and auto transmission was put up for sale a year back in "as is where is" condition.It was also put up by me in the "Classics Available For Purchase" thread here.
quote]

Can you please enquire about its current owner and get me his contact info? Can you tell(PM) me at what cost it was sold?

regards
invinci
invinci sorry for that, but the new buyer is not keen about his identity being revealed.
Old 12th October 2010, 21:24   #672
Senior - BHPian

Is new owner planning to restore her or will make a hot rod outta her.As i remember Harit Sir quoted in his post that dash was not original or something like that.

Last edited by agspins : 12th October 2010 at 21:26.
Old 12th October 2010, 21:47   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
invinci sorry for that, but the new buyer is not keen about his identity being revealed.
I wish him all the best if he is planning to restore the car, but if by any chance he dosent require the engine & the gearbox then he can close the deal through you.

regards
invinci
Old 13th October 2010, 09:17   #674
BHPian

Can anyone tell me which automobile company's logo is somewhat of this kind ??
(Seen this logo on one car which has been rusting in my native place)
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dsc04354.jpg  

Old 14th October 2010, 00:06   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Is new owner planning to restore her or will make a hot rod outta her.As i remember Harit Sir quoted in his post that dash was not original or something like that.
Oh I remember. Windshield not original, dash messed with, headlight trim missing, this car is a disaster, unfortunately very badly botched. And very rusty. Very expensive if all missing parts are to be sourced.

Cheers harit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks