Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 18:02   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Hi All,

I have recently saved a miilicento from being scraped in Bangalore gujri. I am very new to Fiats and need lot of parts of restore that beauty. Fiat experts please help me in regaining its originality and sourcing the parts. I am from Bangalore. Manish sir and Arun sir even i have started going to gujri regularly but not finding any parts. I immediately need a front grill and other parts.

I will post the pics very soon.
Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
I have posted the pics of this Millecento in Bangalore Fiat thread.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:15   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Sure, could you give me your email ID so I can email you the pics. first, just so you can be sure?
Hi Stanher,my email is dhallisingh@gmail.com Lookforward to the picture. Also just found a 1988 Fiat for sale .If you know some one looking for a Fiat let me know.Its in perfect working condition, needs a bit of body work but looks good.Trying to get some pictures soon Thanks.Singh.
Old 10th November 2009, 19:01   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Found Some Fiat parts. Which model Fiats came with these wheel caps??
Hi Arun,saw your pictures of the parts and was woundering if i could have the Fiat logo horn button and the Fiat wheelcaps from your collection.My email is dhallisingh@gmail.com ,do let me know.Thanks.SINGH.
Old 11th November 2009, 12:09   #274
BHPian

I found the only ACVW parts guy in Singapore. Was great going through his crowded little store seeing NOS parts lying around. Wish I had more time. Bought up his remaining stock of no longer manufactured Bosch Super W8AC (this is the non-resistor version -- the new ones are WRxxx).

Apparently Skoda owners (or perhaps retail parts dealers) in India have been buying parts from him.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:21   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

carb flange for Li

Hi all,

'need this carb. flange for my Lambretta Li150 s2, Iam told this is how the original flange is, slightly longer than the ones currently available new. It's also got an API stamp (circled) on it.

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_3929.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-img_3930.jpg

Anyone who has one to spare/knows someone who does, do let me know

Thanks.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:09   #276
BHPian

Gentlemen, am looking for the clips that are used to fit the side trims onto my Fiat Elegant. These are not the broad trims that come on the other cars but the sleeker ones.

The ones I have now are the newer screw type ones with a flat square head, these come for the broader trims. Had ground them to size but since they are not flexible as the normal clips they bend the door and the trims.

Please do tell me if it is available. I will need a complete set for my car.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:05   #277
Senior - BHPian

For anyone restoring a Ford Model A, someone has fabricated a batch of parts required for the speedometer connection.
There is a gear which sits in the differential tube, a lock, aluminium threaded fitting, a small shaft, a clip and a lid. Anyone interested can send a PM, I will forward his number.

Cheers harit
Old 14th November 2009, 20:47   #278
BHPian

Repairing Scratched Car Windows

I tried to find someone in Calcutta who could take the scratches out of my 62 Fiat's front window with out success. It seems to be a general problem for anyone i have spoken to.

A friend on mine here in Toronto suggested that "Jewellers' Rouge", a very fine abrasive that is used to polish metals and also watch glass would do the trick I have found a supplier that recommends a two step process for deep scratches using a 4" buffing wheel. Not that expensive.

I am planning on buying some of these materials this Monday to bring with us on Wednesday when we leave for Calcutta..

1. Does anyone know of a similar product available in India?
2. Is this a product that could be useful for Team- BHP members?
3. I could pick up some extra materials if needed.
Cheers,
John
Old 14th November 2009, 21:38   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Gentlemen, am looking for the clips that are used to fit the side trims onto my Fiat Elegant. These are not the broad trims that come on the other cars but the sleeker ones.

The ones I have now are the newer screw type ones with a flat square head, these come for the broader trims. Had ground them to size but since they are not flexible as the normal clips they bend the door and the trims.

Please do tell me if it is available. I will need a complete set for my car.
Hi suren i thinkthe complete set of beedings &clips are available
Old 15th November 2009, 14:13   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Gentlemen, am looking for the clips that are used to fit the side trims onto my Fiat Elegant. These are not the broad trims that come on the other cars but the sleeker ones..
Suren, a complete set (repro) of elegant trims AND clips may be available in chor bazaar on order. The quality however, is found wanting - (my experience with repro super select trims) - and is nowhere near original. I could find out and let you know..
Old 15th November 2009, 19:08   #281
Senior - BHPian

Following Fiat parts are available in Bangalore Gujiri:

Millecento and Elegant Number plate lights.
One wheel cap of Fiat 124.
Old 15th November 2009, 19:28   #282
Senior - BHPian

@ Arun: Is any thing else available for the select at the said shop. Can you share the pic of wheel cap, It might be useful for the Imperials Imported delight.

@ Suren: I believe you are looking for the attaching clips only. The original type are now not available. take the currently available ones, form them to the trims shape and use it.

Another Idea would be to cut 20x10mm plates, then weld an 8mm bolt on the centre. Slide the plates in the trim. Fix these with nuts from inside the body panel.
Old 15th November 2009, 19:32   #283
Senior - BHPian

Other Parts available:

Super Select Grill.
Elegant grill without light.

@Mainsh: Please meet me tom evening in Guj.. I want to buy few parts there.. Need your suggestion.
The Fiat 124 wheel cap wont fit Mr. Sherief's Delight.

Last edited by arun1100 : 15th November 2009 at 19:41.
Old 16th November 2009, 10:33   #284
BHPian

@ imperial, superselect, arun and manish, thank you for the replies. I would obliged if someone could help me source the original type clips, which look like bent wire clips.

The newer type ones are bigger than the beading and by grinding the edges, to fit, the centre of the same gets offset and this in turn bends the beading and causes stress on the door metal.

@ john a milne:maybe you could try Car Glass Repair and Car Glass Replacement - Windshield Experts

Their Kolkata contact is as follows:

66, syed amir ali avenue,
near Ice skating,
Kolkata-19
Phone: 033-22833303, 22833440
E-mail- wsekolkata@vsnl.net

arun, cyberdoctorind who has bought an Elegant recently was in search of a Elegant grill maybe I shall ask him to ping you.

Last edited by suren181 : 16th November 2009 at 10:37.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:38   #285
Senior - BHPian

@ Suren : When I removed the side trims from my car I found two types of clips. The first one I believe is original cause the Fiat Logo was also attached like this, further we took below windshield trims from a rotting car and she also had similar type.

The second type was also on my car but I believe its aftermarket.

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-clip.jpg

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-clip-2.-jpg.jpg

I believe the first one is fairly easy to make with a steel plate 20x10 mm bent to resemble the shape and to fit inside the trim. A bolt welded to it can then be tightened from inside the panels. I hope this will help.

Last edited by manishalive : 16th November 2009 at 12:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks