Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 13:34   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Great news to Share guys, with the help of Arun (he has got a knack of finding cars) of Our Fiat Club we managed to get select trims (below windshield ones) from a dilapidated Select used as a tool box, the mechanic told it's come for a resto . Here are the Pictures, as for the price we sure had to pay a little extra as the trims were taken off from a resto project

Attachment 194590
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Shame on you guys who take off parts from other people's restoration projects. :(

Please refrain from such activities as it brings a Bad Image to the people who are here to help each other rather than themselves.
If you are referring to Manish's post then you are mistaken.

The Fiat Select from which we got the trims is lying unrestored/unused for the past nine years on road near the scrapyard. The car was initially planned to be restored. Currently the car has nothing except the trims and two original wheels. When we contacted the mechanic who owns the car for the trims, he initially hesitated but later agreed for us to take the trims on offering a good price. So no sentiments are hurt here.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:35   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
If you are referring to Manish's post then you are mistaken.

The Fiat Select from which we got the trims is lying unrestored/unused for the past nine years on road near the scrapyard. The car was initially planned to be restored. Currently the car has nothing except the trims and two original wheels. When we contacted the mechanic who owns the car for the trims, he initially hesitated but later agreed for us to take the trims on offering a good price. So no sentiments are hurt here.
True Arun, I thought our friends will understand the smilies in my post. The car for sure was not going any where, a rust bucket, so actually we saved those trims .
Old 26th September 2009, 01:44   #228
Senior - BHPian

Hi i am attaching a pic of the 500K mercedes benz which came to the cartier show.I require a pair of the parking lights mounted on the fendors.I would be greatful if some one could help me regarding these lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-merc-2-edited.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Car Parts-merc-1-edited.jpg  

Old 26th September 2009, 09:00   #229
Senior - BHPian

The right way is to buy a pair brand new from Mercedes benz classic centre. I doubt you can get them anywhere here in India. Some stockists in UK would also be able to sell you reproductions, check on the net.
Old 26th September 2009, 14:00   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
The right way is to buy a pair brand new from Mercedes benz classic centre. I doubt you can get them anywhere here in India. Some stockists in UK would also be able to sell you reproductions, check on the net.

Well i would have done that but i have spent a lot on the study parts recently.So was trying to go for a cheaper deal.Mercedes Benz classic centre will charge a bomb for these lights.
Old 26th September 2009, 14:40   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post

I don't think i need to spend lots more money on the parts which are available india.Why not cut back on stuff which you can?Sometimes its un avoidable because of the availibilty factor but if you get them here what's wrong in that ?
Old 26th September 2009, 20:36   #232
BHPian

can anyone help me source these two parts for my fathers mark 1.. i think the parts on the morris oxford and mark 1 are almost the same... so please pm me if find these parts and also a pair of break lights for the mark 1...
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-am-byu.jpg  

Old 27th September 2009, 17:26   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Ambassador Mark 1/2/Landmaster chrome plated wipers available.Two complete sets (blade and arm only) and two blades.
Also Ambassador Mark 2 petrol tank caps (two nos.) without lock, new unused.
Will post pictures soon. If interested please pm me.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:14   #234

Hi,

I'm looking for a 1954 Dodge hubcap, and a 50's Radio, preferably MOPAR.
Could someone assist.
Old 7th October 2009, 20:46   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmalTanna View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a 1954 Dodge hubcap, and a 50's Radio, preferably MOPAR.
Could someone assist.

Do try and post a picture of the hubcap.
Old 8th October 2009, 12:56   #236

Hi Indrojit,

Heres a pic of the hubcap im looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Car Parts-dod54.jpg  

Old 8th October 2009, 22:08   #237
BHPian

Need parts for 1963 Fiat 1100.

Looking for front round indicator lights,original steering wheel and the black meter cover.The car is in Delhi,hoping someone can help.
Old 8th October 2009, 23:48   #238
Senior - BHPian

Hi ! Your car is surely a Super Select ? ie one with quarter glasses ? Can you post pictures please ?
All of the things you mentioned will be available in Mumbai's chor bazaar. Btw, you mentioned black meter cover - can you elaborate ? Do you have the meter and just need a cover ?
Pics please !!
Old 9th October 2009, 09:58   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear P.Singh - please PM me. My contact in the Mumbai Chor Bazaar has quite a few things available. His only problem is that he is a bit pricey but I guess its a matter of what you want and what you will pay.

And please post photographs of your car.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th October 2009, 01:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi ! Your car is surely a Super Select ? ie one with quarter glasses ? Can you post pictures please ?
All of the things you mentioned will be available in Mumbai's chor bazaar. Btw, you mentioned black meter cover - can you elaborate ? Do you have the meter and just need a cover ?
Pics please !!
That's right, its a 1963 Fiat with quarter glass and the front doors open ulta.I do have the original meter and am just looking for the black meter cover,it has to have only two holes at the bottom LHS n RHS for two round chrome switches.Picture will follow soon as right now i am out of town.If u can send me Ur number,will call u to find out more about part available.Thanks.Singh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks