Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-84.html)

Yet an other impala from the state.

1961 chevrolet biscayne from North Kerala

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3528131)
Yet an other impala from the state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3534703)
1961 chevrolet biscayne from North Kerala

I really love the Impalas. Everytime I see one my heart really skips a beat. I wish the red and white one would be better looked after, whilst the white one looks prestine

Thanks Ajay and Foby

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Impala

Credits : Nimesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3546132)
Impala

Seems to be Right Hand Drive too. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 3546583)
Seems to be Right Hand Drive too. Thanks

Yes it is right hand drive and was running on diesel engine

Some one please help me to identify the make of this bus ? Also what kind of coach (Make) is it? It appears to be like a double decker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3558705)
Some one please help me to identify the make of this bus ? Also what kind of coach (Make) is it? It appears to be like a double decker.

Yes, it is an open top double decker. The chassis was possibly supplied by J.E.Hall of Dartford.

They built in collaboration with other builders. The brand names seem to have been Hallford, Hallford-Stevens and Hallford-Dennis.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is a Hallford-Dennis, since Dennis commercial vehicles were common in India.

Malabar Commercial Corp seems to have been incorporated in 1911.

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-travancore-malabar-commercial-corp-bus-1914-descr-tbhp.jpg

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-travancore-malabar-commercial-corp-bus-1914-tbhp.jpg

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-travancore-malabar-commercial-corp-bus-1914-pic2-tbhp.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 3558926)
Yes, it is an open top double decker. The chassis was possibly supplied by J.E.Hall of Dartford.

They built in collaboration with other builders. The brand names seem to have been Hallford, Hallford-Stevens and Hallford-Dennis.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is a Hallford-Dennis, since Dennis commercial vehicles were common in India.

Malabar Commercial Corp seems to have been incorporated in 1911.

Attachment 1299963

Attachment 1299964

Attachment 1299965

Wow that's lots of information. Thank you.

courtesy: http://armoredcars-ww-one.blogspot.c...ice-lorry.html

Here is a Hallford showing the same slanted bonnet (similar to the Shakti-MAN of many decades later!)

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-hallford-truck.jpg

Quote:

Impala

Isnt this car with an IOC dealer in kottayam?

Guess whoever bought these Lottery tickets (1967) did not win!

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-kerala-changanassery-lottery-1967-cropped.jpg

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-kerala-st.thomas-college-palai-lottery-1967-cropped.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3534711)
I really love the Impalas. Everytime I see one my heart really skips a beat. I wish the red and white one would be better looked after, whilst the white one looks prestine

Thanks Ajay and Foby

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Quote:

Impala

There used to be an impala that was always parked at a petrol bunk in pattom, Trivandrum (left side when approaching from plamood).

It was a sight for sore eyes sitting in a school bus as we went past it. Was it TMR 111 or another car?

I Recall it was white and turquoise

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 3607065)
There used to be an impala that was always parked at a petrol bunk in pattom, Trivandrum (left side when approaching from plamood).

It was a sight for sore eyes sitting in a school bus as we went past it. Was it TMR 111 or another car?

I Recall it was white and turquoise

The impala was a 60's model impala which was always parked on the side of the petrol bunk in pattom(present PTC pump).it was a KET car and later went to Chennai where its roof was chopped off and was used for wedding functions.If my info is correct it had a diesel engine even then
This car was for sale 3-4 years back for Rs.75000/-
TMR car is also a dieselised impala but an earlier model and came to Kerala from Tamilnadu,probably chennai

After a long time, Chevy Belair a barn find ! SOURCE