Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-80.html)

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-imageuploadedbyteambhp1397897033.939256.jpgClassics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-imageuploadedbyteambhp1397897312.214173.jpgFord fairline now a rust bucket

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 3416378)
Did this belong to Dr. Ambadi ?

No thats a single owner vehicle with some other person

Quote:

Originally Posted by travancore (Post 3416378)
Did this belong to Dr. Ambadi ?

prem sir,
This Austin belongs to Jacob engineering works near Sreekaryam.Hope you remember them.
Dr.Ambadi did have a similar black Austin of England which was later with his son in law or so and was in their house in BELHAVEN gardens.
The other black car seems to be a FORD FAIRLANE LHD which has been under restoration for many years!!!

Came across this pic on FB, any idea who owns these ? Is that a Dodge on the right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 3416802)
Came across this pic on FB, any idea who owns these ? Is that a Dodge on the right ?

The car on the right certainly looks like a 1931 Dodge DH6 - with the lower bumper bar installed upside down.

courtesy: askautoexpert.com

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-dodge-dh6-1931.jpg

1947 Morris which was in Trivandrum till a few years ago

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-imageuploadedbyteambhp1397988735.506141.jpgClassics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-imageuploadedbyteambhp1397988778.176857.jpgClassics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-imageuploadedbyteambhp1397988822.060462.jpgMatchless getting restored in a drawing room at Trivandrum

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasif (Post 3416802)

It looks like the same 1935 DODGE from Mysore with a diesel engine which was advertised for sale a few years back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3418584)
It looks like the same 1935 DODGE from Mysore with a diesel engine which was advertised for sale a few years back.

Its now looking like this I guess.

A VW1300 from Trivandrum.Seems to have been recently painted

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3418584)

This must be the dodge car which was there in a malayalam auto journal a few months ago. IIRC the car is in kottayam with a petrol bunk owner.

what marque is this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3431794)
what marque is this?

Its a Dodge Polara - I think it was a 1965 model. This was with one of the film producers from Calicut area. I forgot who it was. May be with the KTC group.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3431794)
what marque is this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3431808)
Its a Dodge Polara - I think it was a 1965 model. This was with one of the film producers from Calicut area. I forgot who it was. May be with the KTC group.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

It is indeed a Dodge polara V8. Used to be with the KTC group, now in Cochin. A very very original car, and I think it's still in original paint. The current owner has neglected the car and now is in a very pathetic state. :Frustrati

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400010741.598932.jpgover done? Is the radiator grill monogram an original fitment?