Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-71.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 3271282)
It was posted earlier on the forum

Attachment 1155288

Thanks Karl, BTW are those alloy wheels ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3271288)
Thanks Karl, BTW are those alloy wheels ?

Nope, those are the original steel wheels, but of an unusual design. Called Pilote wheels I believe.

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-citroen04.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3271274)
Spotted an old Citroen with KRT *** registration at a hotel in Ootty. Any info guys ?

Thats a 1934 Traction Avant. The inverted V strips on the radiator grill was missing.

Is this the same car that was in the workshop at Vellayambalam (next to lane to Jawahar Nagar) for the longest time ?

Why are the windhield wiper locations on the two cars so different - French built vs British ?

Not sure if this is posted earlier. Got from FB.

Event is the famous Athachamayam festival in Tripunithura.

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-athachamayam.jpg

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-athachamayam1.jpg

Baby Hindustan

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-image2136370224.jpg

Morris

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-image3103117537.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3272913)
Baby Hindustan

Attachment 1156186

If my info is correct,these cars are all in TamilNadu and not in Kerala,So Why are you posting them in this thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 3272997)
If my info is correct,these cars are all in TamilNadu and not in Kerala,So Why are you posting them in this thread?

I suppose you do have some(?!) "MS/MD" reg'd cars in Kerala? :D

Besides, the white Amby beside the Baby Hindustan has a KL regn. so likely these are in Kerala?

Quote:

These cars are located in Velmurugan Farm by the side of NH 47 near Palakkad (Pampampallam P.O). There are quite a few of these Indian classics along with few Jeeps and a few mint condition Indo-Jap 100 cc bikes from the eighties

Quote:

That's in Kerala , velmurugan farm and dairy Palakkad.

Can anyone identify these buildings in Tripunithura?

Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar-tripunithura.jpg

do we have any tax exemption for vintage vehicles in kerala?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipinmohan (Post 3277493)

I do not think that there is any tax exemption for Vintages and Classics in Kerela.

However, I may be proven wrong.

Cheers!
Fintail/Heckflosse!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipinmohan (Post 3277493)

I have seen one Baby Hindustan parked for sale at Palakkad , It was noted on the sellers note that it is tax exempeted because of vintage. But it was a Tamil Nadu registered car.

It was also noted that it had vintage club membership.

Do we have any Vintage clubs in Kerala ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FINTAIL (Post 3277681)
I do not think that there is any tax exemption for Vintages and Classics in Kerela.

However, I may be proven wrong.

Cheers!
Fintail/Heckflosse!

Yes you are correct.There are no special priviliges for V and C cars in Kerala
Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 3277713)
I have seen one Baby Hindustan parked for sale at Palakkad , It was noted on the sellers note that it is tax exempeted because of vintage. But it was a Tamil Nadu registered car.

It was also noted that it had vintage club membership.

Do we have any Vintage clubs in Kerala ?

In Tamil Nadu there is a provision which allows MVD to give tax exemption to vintage and classic cars.But this is subject to certain conditions and is not a ''blanket'' exemption.

The Newest addition to Kerala. This Austin in the middle showed up for one of my friends marriage at Thrissur.

I was informed that it was sold from Dindigual(Tamil Nadu)