Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-43.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 2909961)
That really doesnt make sense! Now what if we were to look for conversions (inc. the current Diesel vehicles) to alternative fuel sources in future?! :)

Whether that makes sense or not is a different matter:).But the fact is that present rules dont allow change of Fuel Type,the only exception you can fit an additional LPG or CNG kit in case of certain Vehicles

Seriously we are moving off the topic.

1952 model studebaker In running condition :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2916689)

Great to see this car and thank you for a nice image . Whats the history of the car and does it run on its original engine. Not transplanted to a diesel engine I hope. Some images of the interior.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2916689)

Good to see a running Stude in Kerala. WHat engine does she have? Any more pix? especially the interiors? Also, where is the car based?

P.S: Its a 1955 Champion, not a '52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasli (Post 2916818)
Great to see this car and thank you for a nice image . Whats the history of the car and does it run on its original engine. Not transplanted to a diesel engine I hope. Some images of the interior.

Cheers

This car has been for sale since last few months. This has a diesel engine of a TATA SUMO and the interiors also as per my info is not original.The dash is original . The diesel is endorsed in the RC. Original engine is not available

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2917096)
This car has been for sale since last few months. This has a diesel engine of a TATA SUMO and the interiors also as per my info is not original.The dash is original . The diesel is endorsed in the RC. Original engine is not available

If the car is from Kollam District in Kerala , you are right .Its has Sumo engine. Interior are fairly ok.

The little Italian, an old snap though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2917594)
The little Italian, an old snap though!

Hi Foby, Can u please post some engine room pics, looking at the exhaust placement LHS, it seems its running on some other engine, not the original. Basically the Exhaust plumbing for the Original Motor is placed on the RHS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 2917602)
Hi Foby, Can u please post some engine room pics, looking at the exhaust placement LHS, it seems its running on some other engine, not the original. Basically the Exhaust plumbing for the Original Motor is placed on the RHS.

A lot of these had Herald engines transplanted in

The topolino has wrong tail lamps,I would presume. Actually,the tail lamps on the topolino are from an 1954-56 Millicento.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2917096)

And how much is he asking ? I am sure it must be on the HIGHER side, but if u can please PM me the price if u know. One friend of mine will be interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreeram (Post 2919173)
And how much is he asking ? I am sure it must be on the HIGHER side, but if u can please PM me the price if u know. One friend of mine will be interested.

more info about the car has come,the gear box is changed along with the differential,gear shift changed to floor from steering column. so just the studebaker shell is left on the car:eek:

It's bike time , just restored AJS

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2919299)
more info about the car has come,the gear box is changed along with the differential,gear shift changed to floor from steering column. so just the studebaker shell is left on the car:eek:

Then Tell him to give me the Shell hehehe stupid:, as i have everything else clap:. Thanks for the Info buddy.