Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-26.html)

The morris monk @ TVM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2485238)
The morris monk @ TVM

I guess you meant MINI MOKE. Not sure if the rims are original though.

this was forwarded by a friend. dont know the location
claims it is from Kerala,but i dont think so

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2501679)
this was forwarded by a friend. dont know the location
claims it is from Kerala,but i dont think so

Hi Ajay,

I have heard of such a collection in Calicut. In fact I saw a photo of the Triumph some time back , it was send to me by a friend .Please check with our BHPians from North Kerala to verify this.

Cheers!!

saw this fiat500 near Neyyatinkkara, not for sale though,
single owner car,not cared for since few years.came to INDIA in 1971 or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2565135)
saw this fiat500 near Neyyatinkkara, not for sale though,
single owner car,not cared for since few years.came to INDIA in 1971 or so.

WOW!!!clap: nice find!!!! sad that the owner won't part with it or maintain it!:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinephraim (Post 2565156)
WOW!!!clap: nice find!!!! sad that the owner won't part with it or maintain it!:deadhorse

the fact of the matter is the owner is abroad since ages, and his cousin who has it is not interested in restoring it.Probably some one must have put the wrong notion that this will fetch a million!!!clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2565177)
the fact of the matter is the owner is abroad since ages, and his cousin who has it is not interested in restoring it.Probably some one must have put the wrong notion that this will fetch a million!!!clap:

This is not uncommon. The only way to crack this is to correspond with the owner on a regular basis and hope that he will sell at some point.

With the Kerala weather and the fact that it has cover with plastic, the car is in relative good condition.

Thanks Ajay for the snaps

Cheers

KPS

here is an old photo of a 1921 BUICK which served as a TAXI car in erstwhile MALABAR district of MADRAS Presidency.please note the registration plate SML

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2566538)
here is an old photo of a 1921 BUICK which served as a TAXI car in erstwhile MALABAR district of MADRAS Presidency.please note the registration plate SML

This is surely quite rare, both the picture and the fact that this is a Buick being used as a taxi. I wonder what SML stood for? Have seen the single alphabet or MC/P numbers before

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99

Looks more like a Ford T than a Buick
Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasli (Post 2566941)
Looks more like a Ford T than a Buick
Cheers

Indeed it is a Ford Model T. They were commonly used as taxis. I remember when one of Vohra's T was being restored, we found a outline of "graphics" on the side of the body, "5 Passengers Only". Obviously a public carrier. Nice picture.

Cheers harit

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 2567100)
Indeed it is a Ford Model T. They were commonly used as taxis. I remember when one of Vohra's T was being restored, we found a outline of "graphics" on the side of the body, "5 Passengers Only". Obviously a public carrier. Nice picture.

Cheers harit

You may be correct.I mentioned it as BUICK,because this photograph is in the family album of the descendants of the driver who is seen seated in the car ,and it was they who mentioned it as a 1921 BUICK.

lets give some extra mile to this thread , what ya say ?

The American muscle truck which is still serving the Kerala state electricity board

please help yourself to identify the black one ! Is that the one with a missing SOE ?