Team-BHP - Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classics of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/47406-classics-travancore-cochin-malabar-18.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 2188770)
The car mentioned here is a CHEVROLET HEARSEWAGON which was originally from Trichur ,now owned by a KSRTC driver and is located in the suburbs of Trivandrum.All the stuff he has claimed about in TV is a pack of "'white lies''(sportswagon, California rally winner", only one in INDIA,etc).He bought this car for Rs.70000/- from a Timber dealer in 2008 .

Ajay,
Is this the same guy, u mentioned, with the ponton?

yes, he had the dieselised PONTON

Thats High road Thrissur - photon taken on the marriage of twin daughters of a old time lakh prabhu from Thrissur.

Can some one identify the cars in the convoy ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2208127)
Thats High road Thrissur - photon taken on the marriage of twin daughters of a old time lakh prabhu from Thrissur.
Can some one identify the cars in the convoy ?

I would suggest 1931 Buick.
What is this CS registration? My understanding is that the old registrations in Travancore and surroundings were starting with T.
Nice picture, any more?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harit (Post 2208261)
I would suggest 1931 Buick.
What is this CS registration? My understanding is that the old registrations in Travancore and surroundings were starting with T.
Nice picture, any more?

CS should be COCHIN STATE .Travancore state registration pre-50 was TRV. Trichur was part of Cochin princely state till 1950 when the state of TRAVANCORE COCHIN came into existence.

Gents,
On my list we have that pre-39, TVR was Travancore and CS was Cochin.
Cheers
Cedric

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabinesnubbing (Post 2218832)
Gents,
On my list we have that pre-39, TVR was Travancore and CS was Cochin.
Cheers
Cedric

If my info is correct travancore was TRV , not TVR and it continued till 1950

DR. VKR collection Trivandrum

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2103084)
missed the photos in the last post , actually it didn't attach , mods please merge the posts , sorry for the trouble !

Found the Hillman min X still alive , I also have posted the snaps of the same which was taken back in 1983/82 - so glad to see it alive

calling all classicoz to debate up on these beasts !

A pennant

Austin A40

Morris 8 series E

A Kit car

A Impala

A Hillman min X

Famous James (Hand gear)

Ex - military Ford

1952 chevy styleline

1930 Frod Model A

1934 Fiat Balila

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2225933)
calling all classicoz to debate up on these beasts !

I know Landmaster KLT-1348 very well. Have driven her numerous times in the early 1980's - delightful car and very original at that time (was repainted blue from black in the late '70's). First owner was a (first ?)General Manager of Travancore Titanium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foby.sebastian (Post 2225927)
Found the Hillman min X still alive , I also have posted the snaps of the same which was taken back in 1983/82 - so glad to see it alive

Hi Foby, is this the same cars parked behind the petrol station between changanachery and kottayam. He have a very good collection.

There u can see the Austin Chummy and a hand full more here , all the photo credit goes to Nimesh.

BTW , what is the the other old red one ?

Am li'l confused either !! what model standard is this ?