Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 23:34   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_xx View Post
Can't remember if I ever posted this on here. Is a photo of my 1983 380SEC. Work and travel have meant that I haven't quite finished the restoration of this car. It's more than halfway done but should've probably been in regular use by now. Unfortunately, it'll mean I probably end up putting it on the market for sale soon, given how work and travel schedules look in the near future. D a m n.

Still has the original palomino interiors and I was lucky to have bought the car with original AMG Penta alloys and the AMG bodykit. This particular photograph has the side cladding removed. For a car of that vintage, handles exceptionally well and needless to say, the 3.8 litre V8 gets it moving in quite a hurry.

Ravi
i am genuinely interested - please let me know @ 9845194814 when you may sell.
Old 7th June 2013, 16:39   #1442
Senior - BHPian

owners and admirers of classic mercedes cars will meet again on sunday 09th june 2013 at Jayanagar 5th block in Bangalore at 9 am (atithyam restaurant)
Old 10th June 2013, 10:22   #1443
Senior - BHPian

great meet guys! the Mercedes cars that attended included a black Mercedes ponton 220S , a white 115 240D with a rare engine , a long maroon 40s citreon , an R129 (lady in red) , four w140s - two S500s black and blue-violet , an S320 navy blue of nandish pal , and a silver LHD 300SD , an dark green w123 of American design , and many w124s - navy blue & red & silver . a w126 blue came later. and a few other cars . besides, good food , great cars , good climate , & low traffic . a dealer made available an A class and E class for test drives too. about 30 members and 20 cars in all. will post snaps soon too
Old 11th June 2013, 23:22   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
great meet guys! the Mercedes cars that attended included a black Mercedes ponton 220S , a white 115 240D with a rare engine , a long maroon 40s citreon , an R129 (lady in red) , four w140s - two S500s black and blue-violet , an S320 navy blue of nandish pal , and a silver LHD 300SD , an dark green w123 of American design , and many w124s - navy blue & red & silver . a w126 blue came later. and a few other cars . besides, good food , great cars , good climate , & low traffic . a dealer made available an A class and E class for test drives too. about 30 members and 20 cars in all. will post snaps soon too
Here are a few pictures of the same
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-2.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-3.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-4.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-5.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-6.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-7.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-8.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-9.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-10.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 14:06   #1445
BHPian

Team "Mercedes Benz India Owners - MBIO" wishes to Invite all mercedes owners for a meet in Mumbai on 23rd June @ 9am Horniman Square.MBIO is a Mercedes Benz group & resource put together by owners who are passionate about their cars and want to share their experiences and resources. The idea of the meet is to bring your cars, meet other owners, make friends and enjoy a good self financed breakfast.

The group which is essentially on Facebook is instrumental in connecting owners with each other to share parts sourcing, workshop ratings, ownership experiences, help members with taking issues with Mercedes India and any solicited help in making purchase decisions amongst other things.Lets just say MBIO is all for transparency and free flow of info so as to help members avoid being taken for a ride.So we have had several meets where cars ranging from prewar to current line up Mercedes have attended and participated .We have close to 200 members on our Facebook page. Disclaimer: We are not a commercial organisation and do not permit active solicitation of 3rd party interests unless it is in the common interest of members, can offer group deals and or benefits the membership base.

Mumbai Mercedes Car owner should try and make it as it is healthy platform to collectivise, and get you car out. We encourage genuine enthusiasts who may not own an Mercedes currently to come as well, we discourage folks who own cars and can be driven to venue to avoid coming without your cars unless you have genuine reasons. Also don't be shy to show your car off, this is not a beauty pageant.
nandishpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 18:07   #1446
BHPian

Can someone identify this Merc for me?
Courtesy: Aditya Surana.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-aditya-surana.jpg  

syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 18:18   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Can someone identify this Merc for me?
Courtesy: Aditya Surana.
What I can tell you from here is that she's a US-spec W123 - the lights and bumpers are tell-tale signs of that. Can't tell what she has under the hood; the US-spec though also ran an interesting 300 turbo-diesel, amongst other options.
Prabal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 10:30   #1448

1963 Mercedes 190d external restoration complete . Now working on the dash board , need lots of parts for the interior
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-mercedes.jpg  

solpie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 11:17   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Only one work comes to my mind Beautiful. Can you please share the Before pics as well and If you need help sourcing parts I would be glad to help you
Old 4th July 2013, 11:17   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solpie View Post
1963 Mercedes 190d external restoration complete . Now working on the dash board , need lots of parts for the interior
very nicely restored car do you mean "d" as in diesel? Anyways 190's had Fender mounted turn signals which were carryover from of the older ponton models. You should definately add them, to get out the beauty of your car. The later 200's had larger turn signals below the headlights next to the grill.

More information on this comprehensive site for the fin types: http://www.heckflosse.nl/190.htm

Do post a list of parts that you need we may be able to help you

Oh one more thing do change to the original rims and hubcaps if you can. they really in my mind are the best part of a 50's and 60's mercedes

Last edited by the mole : 4th July 2013 at 11:19.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:24   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
What I can tell you from here is that she's a US-spec W123 - the lights and bumpers are tell-tale signs of that. Can't tell what she has under the hood; the US-spec though also ran an interesting 300 turbo-diesel, amongst other options.
The US Spec had the 300 turbo diesel in two avatars. The W123 300D and also the S Class based 300SD.

Quote:
This 190D looks a bit odd. Doesn't have the running lights below the headlights and also no turn indicators on fenders or below headlights.

Note to Mod: Please merge this with the previous post. Unable to do so.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 6th July 2013 at 10:56. Reason: Consecutive posts
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 13:03   #1452

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
This 190D looks a bit odd. Doesn't have the running lights below the headlights and also no turn indicators on fenders or below headlights.

Note to Mod: Please merge this with the previous post. Unable to do so.
Vivriti
I have the indicator lights with me but waiting to get my eyes on a similar car for the exact placement below the headlights . the old holes have been closed by the tin smith as he repalaced the metal in that area.
Old 6th July 2013, 13:30   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Vivriti
I have the indicator lights with me but waiting to get my eyes on a similar car for the exact placement below the headlights . the old holes have been closed by the tin smith as he repalaced the metal in that area.
Solpie,

As The Mole has said, the 190 Fintails did not come with the turn signal lamp unit under the headlamps. It was the later 200 Fintails which had these. The Mole correctly says that the fender mounted turn signals are the only ones which came with the 190 cars. However, the 190 did come with optional foglamp units under the headlamps which look very similar to the turn signal/foglamp combo of the 200 (this may sound a little confusing).

If you want to maintain authenticity, I would suggest that you do not drill holes and install the assemblies under the head lamps unless you're car had the optional fog lamps installed. Of course, one can always take a few liberties and add on period correct fittings
Old 13th July 2013, 08:59   #1454
Senior - BHPian

in t-bhp classified columns, a classic favourite - 1998 model w140 s500 has been advertised for sale at trivandrum.
Old 21st July 2013, 23:33   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this lovely W116 this afternoon enjoying the rain.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dsc_0309a.jpg  

kasli is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks