Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 15:21   #946
BHPian

Folks if its of any help,

If you guys need parts that are not available in India, i can help out in pointing your or sourcing out the part for you from UK or Europe.

And no i will not be charging a fee for this

Cheers
Old 30th September 2010, 19:03   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE HER(ALD)! View Post
Any contact information of Hari Automobiles, please? It appears your list of spares is very similar to mine, so I am highly hopeful of finding my parts there.
hi you can call hari 09821154697 ask for your requirement after he tells you the part is ready he will give his account number just deposit he will send you the parts no problem hi is an reliable guy
Old 1st October 2010, 11:23   #948
BHPian

@imperial S.A : Thanks a ton. Will get in touch with Hari rightaway.
@kavesh55: Did I scare you!! lol! Well, probably I could not go to the right vendors. But trust me, parts for the W123 are neither cheap not readily available, contrary to the popular belief. Parts like the chrome side beadings, hubcaps, side-view mirrors... W124s are far easier to maintain as far as availability of spares is concerned.
Old 4th October 2010, 23:54   #949
Senior - BHPian

Here is a pic of a Ponton that was taken in 2008 during the Neemrana Fort drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-mercedes-benz-ponton.jpg  

Old 7th October 2010, 13:19   #950
BHPian

Is there any knowledge of a Mercedes type 300 Landaulet having been imported into the country in the early 60 for a maharaja somewhere in maharashtra?

Last edited by liv2drv : 7th October 2010 at 13:22.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:01   #951
BHPian

here is a pic of what i'm talking about. i'm not 100% if this is the same model landaulet as what i've been told about. the car i'm speaking about is parked in a garage in lutyens delhi apparently. the owner refuses to show pics or let anyone see the car, but is willing to sell after a party deposits a high advance. the car is in a sad shape as described by the owner has not moved an inch in 30+ years. seems too sketchy to me unless anyone here knows the history or this 300 landaulet.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-mb_300d_landaulet.jpg  

Old 9th October 2010, 21:08   #952
BHPian

Posting pics of my 300D the way it was bought... and the mammoth job that I have undertaken. It was quite a difficult decision to strip down a perfectly running car. But since I intend to use it as my daily personal car for the next five years (at least!) I finally took the plunge!
Being a Mumbai car, there was too much rust... to the extent that one part of the floor was almost missing! Note the new sheet metal that has been welded and primed.
The body had been an entirely handcrafted work of putty and filling material. There were huge, deep holes that were hiding behind that glossy paintwork.

Being done with the denting and painting, I urgently need to source suspension, steering and brakes spares as well as some body panels. Since I am located in Jaipur, I have to get these parts from Delhi and not Mumbai. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Vikas
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-merc1.jpg  

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-merc2.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th October 2010, 21:18   #953
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a Ponton sighted by me in Panaji in 2002. It was freshly restored and owned by a British couple whom I spoke to .Looked gleaming but this is not a digital image.
Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-dsc05929.jpg
Old 9th October 2010, 23:28   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
here is a pic of what i'm talking about. i'm not 100% if this is the same model landaulet as what i've been told about. the car i'm speaking about is parked in a garage in lutyens delhi apparently. the owner refuses to show pics or let anyone see the car, but is willing to sell after a party deposits a high advance. the car is in a sad shape as described by the owner has not moved an inch in 30+ years. seems too sketchy to me unless anyone here knows the history or this 300 landaulet.
If such a car is in India, it would be a tremendous find. I am not aware of any such car in India. BUT, in the 1950's, before STC was the place to surrender your car to, Embassies could and did sell their cars. I have a 1953 Packard Mayfair Coupe which was bought like this and taken straight away to Kerala, no one ever knew of its existance.
But why are you posting this? Are you trying to buy? Then go ahead, and for heaven sake be discrete. Now there will be many searching.
I have had a bad experience. I told a "friend" about a Mustang in Mumbai, he promptly went home and sent his man to find it and buy it. Later he tells me that he picked it up. And he is an authority on cars, never expected such cheap behaviour. You can talk to few folks you feel trustworthy, but do not go gaga till you either buy it or decide against. You have to take a plunge sometime, such a car is definitely worth having, condition is only important with respect to the price. Such a car need not have history, if there is history you will come to know later anyway.
Good Luck, whatever you decide to do.

Cheers harit
Old 10th October 2010, 20:32   #955
BHPian

hey does anyone have pics of the mercedes rally that was in goa today?.
Old 10th October 2010, 20:48   #956
BHPian

@calrock check this link for the pictures of the mercedes rally.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2100789
Old 11th October 2010, 10:38   #957
BHPian

Thanks harit. I was able to see the car this morning... And I'm still in shock. I've lived on the same road for a long time! Less than a km away!!! The owner would not allow me to take pictures. Sadly it's not the car I've posted earlier, but not so sadly it is a landaulet from the 60's. It's not a 600 Pullman but is based on the w115. The car is in really bad condition! Not much left on the inside, and there is a branch going through the canvas part of the roof as it only half exists. There is an atlas cycle on the back seat, boxes, concrete from the garage roof (I think it is) all over the pine wood bar. I'm not sure if I'll be able to take on a restoration of this magnitude. However, the owner (very old, kind & surprisingly witty) claims he can put one through to someone in london with all the parts of the car and if one chooses, it can be sent over for restoration. It's a bit out of my league as I don't have the time to put into a project like this. If anyone else is interested Pls pm me. I'll find a similar car online and post a pic soon.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:12   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This is a Ponton sighted by me in Panaji in 2002. It was freshly restored and owned by a British couple whom I spoke to .Looked gleaming but this is not a digital image.
Attachment 436311

Anjan any further information on this car. It looks in very good nick
Old 11th October 2010, 17:17   #959
BHPian

spotted a W116 Merc S class

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img_0643.jpg

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img_0645.jpg

Vintage & Classic Mercedes Benz Cars in India-img_0650.jpg
Old 11th October 2010, 17:41   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Is it just me or do the two headlights in the first picture appear to be different?

The headlight on right seems to have a almost circular reflector while the one on the left seems to have an oval shaped reflector.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks