Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 08:03   #136
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Request your views if the Ex-Mysore DE-36 Daimler now in Dharmasthala deserves to be in this list? The restoration of this car has been completed. Personally I feel it deserves to be on this list. However I am not sure if it has ever been considered.

Cheers

KPS
Old 28th September 2010, 10:18   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Since I am sitting at the pc and have nothing better to do, thought that we could all amuse ourselves by guessing which cars would come to the next Cartier show.
So here is what I suspect, and know a little bit, lets see what turn up.
Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Nizam
Rolls Royce Silver Ghost tourer
Auburn V 12
Stutz
Delage Ivory Palace
Maybach Ivory Palace
Packard R. Kher
Hudson V8 phaeton Nitin Dossa if she gets ready in time
There will be a couple of Jags,
There was a proposal to have a "preservation" class, not sure if that went through. If yes, then Bentley 6.5 Litre.
Anyone can add to that?
Someone mentioned that the Mercedes Nurburg tourer of Telco may come, any info?

Cheers harit
Why are you not present in this event ....why are your cars not on the list ?
Old 13th October 2010, 14:25   #138
Senior - BHPian

I feel that the Rolls 94RF P II will also be at the Cartier event.
If the Nurburg of Tata is not going to be there, then it may be the Nurburg of Kolkata which was recently sold. She may not be ready so fast though. Feel then that the new owner's Bentley would also be there.

Let us keep on speculating, it may get to be fun.

Cheers harit
Old 13th October 2010, 20:07   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the Nurburg of Tata is not going to be there, then it may be the Nurburg of Kolkata which was recently sold. She may not be ready so fast though. Feel then that the new owner's Bentley would also be there.

Let us keep on speculating, it may get to be fun.

Cheers harit
What cars are you planning to enter.

Is MRD 200 also going to be present ?

That Calcutta Nurburg you refer to is it the Sircar car ? Any idea who is th lucky new owner and also soem details on his Bentley

What about the Ronnie Khan Bentley, will it be ready and presnt here ?

Last edited by wasif : 13th October 2010 at 20:09.
Old 14th October 2010, 16:32   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is the first thought that struck me when I saw the thread on the restoration. I would call it a shoe in for Best of Show, were the Nizam's Rolls absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Didn't strike me about that, it would make a fine entry. Would have loved to have seen it in the Bombay event though, it being a Bombay car from the start.
Old 19th October 2010, 18:45   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Nizam Rolls and Bentley above would easily be best in show I should think. What about the other cars from the top ten thread?

Seems like a bit of a motely crew thus far.
Old 19th October 2010, 20:44   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster789 View Post
Nizam Rolls and Bentley above would easily be best in show I should think. What about the other cars from the top ten thread?

Seems like a bit of a motely crew thus far.
I guess most of the cars from the top ten thread if not all would make the show awsome but I am sure due to various reasons most of them will not be appearling.

And then there are some on that list that are in need to serious TLC.
Old 19th October 2010, 22:28   #143
DKG
Senior - BHPian

The Delhi show can be as good if not better than the first one. There are so many fine cars right there in Delhi. Just the Bentleys there would be drool material. There should be quite a few Rolls too I'm sure. You guys have not listed BRG 1 and the gorgeous Bentley the Jaiswals have. There's also the coupe Bentley (Rampur?). I hope Mr. Momen's red Bentley gets an invite, its awesome. Mr. Sanghi has a lovely hardtop coupe Bentley, hope that comes out. There's a huge PII(?) with Sanghi, saw it too many years ago, MBI 112 I think. That should be brought out !! Hope the Jaipur T bird comes out. Gondal has some gorgeous cars still to be showcased. Jamsahib's cars. Bikaner Gangasinghji's Caddy survives, someone should get that car shown. Would love to see Bhogilal's Invicta and the 8 litre. What about the Dholpur cars, shouldn't they be ready for the show? What about the Faridkot cars? Worth making the effort to have some shown here? How I wish the Holkar Gurney Nutting Bentley had remained in India, always wanted to see that car ! My personal favourite of all the Bentleys in India.

We'll take a couple more of Cartier shows before all the India greats get justice

Mallya has some nice cars. Love that Ghost of his from Hyderabad. The 34 Packard is ready to show. Like his Alvis too

This show can showcase some of the oldies too. The Nizam's fire engine and the Darracq and many of the others.

Love the Kishangarh (hope I got that right) Corvette. What a tasty car. Love the 300 too. Such beautiful cars !

Last edited by DKG : 19th October 2010 at 22:41.
Old 19th October 2010, 23:17   #144
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I hope someday Cartier showcases the evolution of transportation in India over time. From the earliest Palki's to Shakrams to carriages (some mind blowing stuff remains in India) to Elephants and cavalry decked in jewellery to the "horseless carriages" and then the spectacular automobiles that graced India's roads and homes.

Another theme should be "India Re-Union". All the spectacular cars that once were in India be invited back to a awesome bash. I'd choose Udaipur or Jodhpur's Umaid Bhavan or Falaknuma for such a concours. Imagine the Reva Daimler, the Idar Farman, the Gurney Duesy and the Darrin Duesy and so many others together. Knockout extravaganza. Cartier sales should double

A wilder event would be to get all the great steam engines in India back together for a showing. Showcase them all and have runs over a period of time with perhaps a carriage or two attached so people can experience a bit of history. The Indian railways will cooperate I'm sure. The tiny Darjeeling train has been voted one of the world's greatest journeys.

So much in India

Why limit it to cars. Do crockery, jewellery, textiles, furniture

The theme in all these events is to showcase mankind's rich heritage !

If Cartier is not interested there's always Louis Vuitton

Last edited by DKG : 19th October 2010 at 23:21.
Old 19th October 2010, 23:33   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That Calcutta Nurburg you refer to is it the Sircar car ? Any idea who is th lucky new owner and also soem details on his Bentley
Just to clarify for the 3rd time, the car is a 1930 Mercedes Benz 260 Stuttgart Special version and not a Nurburg.
Old 19th October 2010, 23:50   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Just to clarify for the 3rd time, the car is a 1930 Mercedes Benz 260 Stuttgart Special version and not a Nurburg.
Which car are you talking about? If you are talking about that big Mercedes tourer from Kolkata, brownish in colour and recently sold, then please state why you say 260 and not Nurburg because apparently you know something the previous owner does not. Tomorrow I will post a picture. Can you post a picture of that 260 you are talking about for comparison?

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 19th October 2010 at 23:55.
Old 20th October 2010, 00:41   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Which car are you talking about? If you are talking about that big Mercedes tourer from Kolkata, brownish in colour and recently sold, then please state why you say 260 and not Nurburg because apparently you know something the previous owner does not. Tomorrow I will post a picture. Can you post a picture of that 260 you are talking about for comparison?

Cheers harit
Sir,

I was refering to wasif's post which he was refering to my car as a Nurburg.The car i was refering to i have attached a pic below.
The first picture is dated back to the 90's and the second one is a year and a half old.
Attached Thumbnails
India’s First International Concours D’Elegance - Pictures & Report-dscf1745.jpg  

India’s First International Concours D’Elegance - Pictures & Report-dscf1747.jpg  

Old 20th October 2010, 06:43   #148
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

would be lovely indeed - our textiles, silver ware, gold, jewellery craftsmanship etc would make a fine show indeed - apart from the cars.

I guess if these brands arent keen there are always the Sotheby's, Christie's, Bonham's and others who may be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I hope someday Cartier showcases the evolution of transportation in India over time. From the earliest Palki's to Shakrams to carriages (some mind blowing stuff remains in India) to Elephants and cavalry decked in jewellery to the "horseless carriages" and then the spectacular automobiles that graced India's roads and homes.

Another theme should be "India Re-Union". All the spectacular cars that once were in India be invited back to a awesome bash. I'd choose Udaipur or Jodhpur's Umaid Bhavan or Falaknuma for such a concours. Imagine the Reva Daimler, the Idar Farman, the Gurney Duesy and the Darrin Duesy and so many others together. Knockout extravaganza. Cartier sales should double

A wilder event would be to get all the great steam engines in India back together for a showing. Showcase them all and have runs over a period of time with perhaps a carriage or two attached so people can experience a bit of history. The Indian railways will cooperate I'm sure. The tiny Darjeeling train has been voted one of the world's greatest journeys.

So much in India

Why limit it to cars. Do crockery, jewellery, textiles, furniture

The theme in all these events is to showcase mankind's rich heritage !

If Cartier is not interested there's always Louis Vuitton
Old 22nd October 2010, 01:01   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers harit
Just checked with a few people in Calcutta, there were only two known Nurburgs, One was the Tata car which is the BLue car a 7 seater limo and the other car was the car from Dhanbad. The Dhanbad car was the Tourer and had lots of bits unoriginal. The Grill was also modified on this car.

Can you please post a picture of the car ?
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:42   #150
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Just checked with a few people in Calcutta, there were only two known Nurburgs, One was the Tata car which is the BLue car a 7 seater limo and the other car was the car from Dhanbad.
Is the Tata Car the one with Doc?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1039528-post11.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks