Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 09:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
I made some discreet enquiries about the planter buick,heard that it is still lying in his estate bungalow in Adimali
Kishore ,any one from adimali or kothamangalam maybe able to help locate this car.Do you have any photos of this?

Last edited by ajay99 : 24th January 2010 at 09:39. Reason: correction
Old 25th January 2010, 10:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Recently a Buick 8 was dieselized with an Eicher Engine, the car belongs to the Army unit in Hubli region. The car is being given as a retierment gift to an Army officer. The engine was taken back by the army, and believe will be auctioned or sold as per their procedures.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:43   #78
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Manish, the army car at Belgaum was a 1960's Buick LeSabre. This had a V8 engine. The original engine is available with the army at Belgaum and will be used as demo engine for trainees as per the jawan who was with the car. . The front windscreen was also broken. The other details have given by Manish.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Manish, the army car at Belgaum was a 1960's Buick LeSabre. This had a V8 engine. The original engine is available with the army at Belgaum and will be used as demo engine for trainees as per the jawan who was with the car. . The front windscreen was also broken. The other details have given by Manish.
Oh thanks for the correcting me. And yes I was also told about the broken Winshield, which was broken while removing the Engine & Gear box.
Old 25th January 2010, 19:25   #80
BANNED

Quote:
I guess Pavan is posting on Belliappa's car. He is known to our family well. Has the car come from Madikeri to Bangalore?
The first field visit is due in the coming weeks, the car will be here in Namma Bengaluru, and it will make a road journey instead of trucking it. It'll not go under complete restoration, as the car is supposed to be too original to mess up with. We intend to redo vital things and put this car back on road ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Maybe after the Wolseley/MG is done? What is the status of this car?

Cheers harit
Sir, i have updated the WIP thread on Post 1950.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Dont tell me you're restoring this car too!
saar, passion for restoration has no boundries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Whats the status of the Wolseley/MG ?
Its updated here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...e-british.html
Old 9th February 2010, 20:18   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
A big HELLO from the guy who seems to be regurally spotted driving classics.
Welcome to the Forum Bulldogji (love the name )

Great to have someone with a wealth of knowledge, passion and understanding towards Vintage and Classics. I for one will not flinch at proclaiming that every car in Bulldogji's stable (or should i have said garage) is awe inspiring and in enviable condition (or is in the process of getting there), not only superficially as most cars of such era are but in spanking mechanical shape too. The proof of the pudding lies in the fact that he drives a different car to work every day. One can find out, just by the car parked in his designated spot, if the boss is at office or not.

A true enthusiast or should i say lover of cars, im really glad, GTO convinced you to join up.

Looking forward to posts of immense value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Yes it is. Fabulous collection. There is one other person in Bombay by the name of Rasool who also has quite a few Buicks. Somehow no one seems to have photographed his cars.
Rasool also has an envious collection of rare to ultra rare cars which are lying in various stages of repairs. He is a complete Buick fan and his email id is also buickman*******.
He has buicks from 1928, 1934 (seen in the Happy Dent ad), and a few more from the 40 and 50's including a convertible 47 previously owned by his father. A few cars from his collection appear on the forum in various threads.

Unfortunately he is not net or computer savvy and does not enjoy display of his possessions. His son is now convincing him to learn using the net, then i can coax him to join up. Hopefully we will have one more treasure chest of knowledge soon on the forum.
Old 9th February 2010, 21:54   #82
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the technical differences between a Roadmaster and Super Eight? Is there a difference between the Pre-war and Post-war Roadmasters and Super Eights.

Thanks

KPS
Old 9th February 2010, 22:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
He has buicks from 1928, 1934 (seen in the Happy Dent ad), and a few more from the 40 and 50's including a convertible 47 previously owned by his father.
This 34 Buick was at one time owned by a member of the Ghir family. Believe me!

Cheers harit
Old 10th February 2010, 10:14   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are the technical differences between a Roadmaster and Super Eight? Is there a difference between the Pre-war and Post-war Roadmasters and Super Eights.

Thanks

KPS
Always the roadmasters were the top of the line and the main difference both pre war and post war was that they had a larger engine then the Super 8 Cosmetics were also a bit different but hard to tell
Old 10th February 2010, 10:31   #85
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The roadmasters would ride on a longer wheelbase 129 vs 124 for the Super and I guess much of those 5 extra inches were taken up by the longer bonnet. I am not very sure but in all likelihood the car A pillar aft should be same in dimensions to the Super

Also the Roadmaster had the 320 cu in engine as compared to 248 cu in for the Super

I am sure there were many small trim details too which set the Roadmasters apart, considering they were the luxury offering from Buick
Old 10th February 2010, 11:23   #86
BHPian

Hi Gogi thanks for the warm welcome.As you are aware I am always available for any help..Payment in advance in the form of your pasta And chicken sandwitches a must..
Old 10th February 2010, 13:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Hi Gogi thanks for the warm welcome.As you are aware I am always available for any help..Payment in advance in the form of your pasta And chicken sandwitches a must..
You haven't forgotten......anytime boss, anytime.
Old 24th March 2010, 10:29   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Shammi Kapoor still treasures his Buick Super 8 and I got this write-up from his website:

Text by Shammi Kapoor.
Perhaps this is the car?

Buick Eight-car.jpg

Picasa Web Albums - Karen
Old 27th March 2010, 00:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A little correction from Anjan's post: Shammi Kapoor's Buick car no was BMY 3009
Old 31st March 2010, 15:03   #90
BHPian

A Great news item, would love to hear many such ancedotes from other legends
of Bollywood of 50 60 & 70 (Golden era)

B.ANANT
NAGPUR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks