Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 17:49   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A well travelled Bentley Mk VI in long term ownership is featured here

The Telegraph - Calcutta : Jamshedpur

Does anybody have a clear picture or some current details of it?
To quote from the article, "Arun?s first love, the Bentley" has been sold a couple of months ago to a collector from Mumbai and is to be restored in Pune. It was sold after even having been posted on ebay, but without success over there.

Cheers harit
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:45   #227
BHPian

Lots Of Great Bentlys !

We are visiting some friends near New York city for Puja and I went with Salish who is interested in buying a Rolls to go with his Mec S600 V12 & 65 Jaguar XJ6.

These photos were taken at Palma's who are one of the principal repair shops and have about 20 used Rolls and Bentleys for sale plus another 20+ cars in the shop.

The 1947 convertible coupe is a one off with the top disappearing under the rear metal body panel. The car is in for an engine rebuild and John, the owner, indicated the car is worth around $1,000,000!

Saw a very nice black 79 Rolls RHD, 113,000 miles that is being offered for $21,000!!!

The Bentley Azure has a "vanity" plate BL-7, that John said cost about $50,000. In Maryland they only require plates on the back of the car. for that money he should have put one on the front as well.

Worth checking out his web-site on google -
"Palma Classic Cars"

We were like two kids in a candy store, one with Lots of Coin in his pocket. The 89 Rolls Seraph having capture his attention.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Bentleys in India-img_5219.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5218.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5217.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5220.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5211.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5203.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5228.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5206.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5225.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-img_5232.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2009, 12:50   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
We are visiting some friends near New York city for Puja and I went with Salish who is interested in buying a Rolls to go with his Mec S600 V12 & 65 Jaguar XJ6.

These photos were taken at Palma's who are one of the principal repair shops and have about 20 used Rolls and Bentleys for sale plus another 20+ cars in the shop.

The 1947 convertible coupe is a one off with the top disappearing under the rear metal body panel. The car is in for an engine rebuild and John, the owner, indicated the car is worth around $1,000,000!

Saw a very nice black 79 Rolls RHD, 113,000 miles that is being offered for $21,000!!!

The Bentley Azure has a "vanity" plate BL-7, that John said cost about $50,000. In Maryland they only require plates on the back of the car. for that money he should have put one on the front as well.

Worth checking out his web-site on google -
"Palma Classic Cars"

We were like two kids in a candy store, one with Lots of Coin in his pocket. The 89 Rolls Seraph having capture his attention.
And did you buy any candy?
Such trips to private workshops or collections are very nice. Lots of eye candy (the cars only), very satisfying time spent, loads of gossip, info and very little out of pocket expense. What else could one wish for to pass time in an entertaining way. And keep out of mischief.

I like the convertible Bentley, only wonder about the tailights. The colour being metallic is not my taste, but lovely car.
I see that many cars have their english registration plates in place, I believe that is quite common in USA and a local plate is fitted along side or over it. Keeps the history of the car complete.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers harit
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:01   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
And did you buy any candy?
Such trips to private workshops or collections are very nice. Lots of eye candy (the cars only), very satisfying time spent, loads of gossip, info and very little out of pocket expense. What else could one wish for to pass time in an entertaining way. And keep out of mischief.

I like the convertible Bentley, only wonder about the tailights. The colour being metallic is not my taste, but lovely car.
I see that many cars have their english registration plates in place, I believe that is quite common in USA and a local plate is fitted along side or over it. Keeps the history of the car complete.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers harit
I missed the UK plates behind the US on the Bentley, always great to have photos to look back on. I think the tail lights are original, the metallic paint, not to sure of. I didn't like the color of the fabric top, should have been black or kaki. All things said and done, I would be soooooo happy to have it parked in my driveway.

My friend is reflecting on the Seraph, looks awesome but he wants to take for a longer drive and get a better feel of how it handles and performs. I must admit that sitting in the back seat I felt the ride was not as comfortable as it should be and then driving the 40 miles home in his Merc S600 V12 we both preferred it's ride, handling and performance.

I have more photos of their works that I could post if appropriate. Two brothers run the shop and they do a lot of work for Rolls Royce, run workshops for Rolls owners and more recently are finding new homes for their customers.

Last edited by john a milne : 2nd October 2009 at 23:05. Reason: add photos
Old 4th January 2010, 19:02   #230
Senior - BHPian

Two Bentlesy that were on sale with an agent around 98.

The first is teh famous Holkar Bentley 4.25 in their trademark colours with teh twin parking lights. It was offered to me for 6.5 L

The other is a 3.5, not sure though. No idea who owned it or what happened to it.

Are these two cars still in Indai and if so any idea who owns them ?
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Bentleys in India-holkar-bentley.jpg  

Classic Bentleys in India-bentley-roadster.jpg  

Last edited by wasif : 4th January 2010 at 19:07.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:09   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Two Bentley's that were on sale with an agent around 98.

The first is the famous Holkar Bentley 4.25 in their trademark colours with the twin parking lights. It was offered to me for 6.5 L

The other is a 3.5, not sure though. No idea who owned it or what happened to it.

Are these two cars still in India and if so any idea who owns them ?
I believe that the second car is still in India, owned by a gent in Eastern India, NOT Orissa.
The first car was lying in an Embassy in Delhi, not sure where she is now.
I am 99% sure of this, but subject to correction.

Cheers harit
Old 5th January 2010, 11:26   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I believe that the second car is still in India, owned by a gent in Eastern India, NOT Orissa.
The first car was lying in an Embassy in Delhi, not sure where she is now.
I am 99% sure of this, but subject to correction.

Cheers harit
What was the Holkar Bently doing lying at an Embassy ?
Old 5th January 2010, 12:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Embassy employee trying to sneak it out of India Do a google she may already be out somewhere US/EU!!

Last edited by canonball : 5th January 2010 at 12:03.
Old 5th January 2010, 14:34   #234
Senior - BHPian

Bentley 4 1/4

One of the most impressive restorations. Immaculate
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Bentleys in India-dscn9991.jpg  

Old 5th January 2010, 16:58   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasli View Post
One of the most impressive restorations. Immaculate
Hi Kasli.

That is a sweet, sweet looking job. please share some history and details on it if possible.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:54   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travancore View Post
karlos, found the Apte / Mysore Bentley:

(credits to: www.veloce.co.uk)
Here are some articles I had cut out years back regarding the Apte/Mysore/Teardrop Bentley.

Classic Bentleys in India-apte01.jpg

Classic Bentleys in India-apte02.jpg
Old 12th February 2010, 23:04   #237
Senior - BHPian

Bentley 123

The car belongs to a collector and resotored by Mr Dawan. Too good a restoration and attention to detail.
Old 13th February 2010, 13:04   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here are some articles I had cut out years back regarding the Apte/Mysore/Teardrop Bentley.
In the meanwhile he sold the car.

Cheers harit
Old 13th February 2010, 14:42   #239
Senior - BHPian

Did she not go out of India under some loop hole for resto work! was it sold their or in India. I was given some really SPECIAL story on why she was let out of India so what's the story?

Last edited by canonball : 13th February 2010 at 14:44.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:42   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a very good looking DHC with an Indian connection.

Quote:
1934 Derby Bentley 3 1/2 Litre 3 position drophead with coachwork by Swallow of Jaguar fame!! Chassis number B-97-BL A stunning & rare car. Originally ordered in 1934 by one Major Burman as a Hooper saloon & shipped to India.
Classic Bentleys in India-bentley_1934_id300cf3we_400.jpg

Dealers - Bentley Derby 3 1/2 Litre 3 Position Drophead by Swallow 1934 for sale - PreWarCar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks