Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 07:29   #1351
BHPian

Found this ........

Find Buy/Sell Second hand cars, Pre owned cars, Buy cars, Sell cars, Find a car, Sell a car Portal, Car Magazines
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-austin-clifton.jpg  

Old 5th June 2009, 15:41   #1352
BHPian

looks like a 12/4. I suppose 'clifton' is austin's nomenclature for this bodystyle.

Aditya

Last edited by TractionAvant : 5th June 2009 at 15:43.
Old 5th June 2009, 20:12   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
You didn't take any pics of it ???????

BTW V16 when I was in Hyd thre was always this story going around about a Derby Bentley which was said to have been in a garage whose door had been bricked up.

It was said the owner wanted Rs.100,000 for it in the 90's but the catch was the buyer was to dismantle the car and take it out of a small door part by part.

Never actually saw it but hear of this from many people. Also about a SS100 Jag in Poona which had Amby wheels.

Wasif
Oh yeah, heard so many stories Wasif, dont know what to believe.

Regarding the SS100 Jag maybe it is a case of Chinese whispers. I know for sure and have seen it too, a Maserati at the Bombay Customs auction with Ambi rims fitted and it was bought by a Poona collector. There is a long story to it, told elsewhere on the forum so ill save the details. My guess is that the story of this car got around to so many people that the car became a Jag from a Maserati

Then again maybe there is a Jag with Ambi rims?? Who knows!!
Old 6th June 2009, 23:07   #1354
BHPian

hello guys,

Anyone knows of an Austin 16 for sale.... My family use to own one until grandfather sold it and bought fiat... Looking for one to bring back home..

rgds
saif
Old 7th June 2009, 09:50   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yup.

One never knows what will actually turn up till it does. I remember hearing about the Jag I have from a lot of guys, nobody actually could pinpoint the location.

We went around walking thru the area that was most often said to be the right area but after a long and tireless search didn't come up with anything.

So we stopped next to a house in some shade and had a smoke while discussing our options. This guy with us swore it was close but couldn't find it.

So we diecide to give up and go home. I droped my cigarettes and bent down to pick them up.On looking up I was peeking into a cellar through a vent and there was the Jag in one corner.

Isn't that some luck !!

Wasif
Old 8th June 2009, 13:21   #1356
BHPian

Quote:

i have seen a jag with amby wheels in delhi, not an ss100 though, its a lhd 3.8 MK II, now in calcutta....
Old 8th June 2009, 14:38   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I droped my cigarettes and bent down to pick them up.On looking up I was peeking into a cellar through a vent and there was the Jag in one corner.

Isn't that some luck !!

Wasif
Wow, what luck. Must have made your day and the efforts worth everything.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:01   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Gogi Sir and Karl Master, what should be a fair price for this '48 fluid drive?
Seems like I'd like to own one, since we had one in the family from '52 to '57 when we sold it and upgraded to a '56 Kingsway. My Grandfather did 2 all India road trips in the Fluid drive in that period!! Why we sold her off, well my Grandfather never used a car for more than 5 years! so we did not retain any old car.
I have the same car in white and in much better shape. My interiors have been restored to their orignal glory too. I got offered 7 lacs for it even though i'm not a seller.

My cousin just bought a 46 Dodge Custom in mumbai for 4 lacs. Needs a paint job but very orignal car. So i guess that should be an indicative price.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:41   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, what luck. Must have made your day and the efforts worth everything.
Did too. Unfortuantely in those days I was a card carrying member of the"More money than brains club".

Car was great, complete but in need of a full resto. After taking it apart I learned that it was a job way beyond my capabilities and then I had to leave India so its still to be completed.

Wasif
Old 8th June 2009, 21:26   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I have the same car in white and in much better shape. My interiors have been restored to their orignal glory too. I got offered 7 lacs for it even though i'm not a seller.

My cousin just bought a 46 Dodge Custom in mumbai for 4 lacs. Needs a paint job but very orignal car. So i guess that should be an indicative price.
Is it the Light Blue and white one which he bought??
Old 8th June 2009, 23:11   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it the Light Blue and white one which he bought??
I doubt it, although when I was following it up for someone, I was told that it was already sold.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:04   #1362
BHPian

Willys Cj3b Available For Sale

Willys Cj3b Is For Sale Here In Ahmedabad. The Expectation For The Same Is Rs.3.25 Lacs. With Original Petrol Engine, New Tyres, New Battery, New Radiator, Engine Has Been Overhauled Recently And Suspension Brakes Too. Excellent Condition. Accessories As U Can See.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-willys.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-willy1.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-willys2.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-willy3.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-willys4.jpg  

Old 9th June 2009, 15:36   #1363
BHPian

IMO 3.25 Lacs for an Indian RHD CJ3B is way too much. One could get a Low-Bonnet Willys MB or Ford Jeep at this price. However, it is possible that the owner has spent a lot and hence wants a fancy price.

Regarding this particular Jeep, it is a CJ3B made by Mahindra (mostly an army disposal one). The accessories(mostly fabricated) on this CJ3B are an overkill and not all were available on any model. But the execution of the restoration is quite good. The interiors have been very neatly done. Interesting to see the 'T' shaped thingy that are present in Jeeps used in Parades.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:43   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mr. Nath.

Is that an Impala (red / white ) to be seen in the background of one of the pics below?

Wasif
Old 9th June 2009, 16:00   #1365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mr. Nath.

Is that an Impala (red / white ) to be seen in the background of one of the pics below?

Wasif
Looks like a '59 Impala! But is this photo in Gujarat or in Maharashtra?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks