Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2009, 02:09   #1216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
any one know of any 2 door 70's monte carlo or mustangs or something similar for sale?
guys any idea about it?
Old 30th April 2009, 13:06   #1217
BANNED

1934 Fiat for sale

This 1934 Fiat tourer restored is available for sale. the paper are uptodate. private mesagge me for more info.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-image680.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image679_1.jpg  

Old 30th April 2009, 13:31   #1218
VBS

Looking For Opel Kapitan

Dear Bhpians,

Am organising a afair for a German Group and for that I need an Opel Kapitan 1953 - Rounded Shape.

Does any one have one or know of one so that its available on loan - The guys may even buy one if it is available but thats not confirmed.

The problem is that there are not any known good vehicles or those that are in good condition.

Need it on an urgent basis.

Regards

Vikram
Old 8th May 2009, 03:42   #1219

Hillman England 1940's

Saw this on sale on Ebay, by the looks of it i think it ll need complete restoration.
HILLMAN ENGLAND 1940's MODEL
MINX FOURSOME DROP HEAD CABRIOLET
EBAY LINK

Last edited by Stratos : 8th May 2009 at 06:10.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:27   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Gogi, is this the Humber at Nizamuddin West (Humayun's Tomb/Railway station side) that you remember, greenish colour with an aged spinster on the first floor? Must be the same one because it was being eyed by the whole city and since it was a large Humber.

There also used to be a grey/silver Snipe (smaller Humber) on the Nizamuddin East side, which was advertised for sale in the papers and sold, sometime in the mid/late 90s.
Wasnt there a Peugeot or a Sunbeam also at this Nizamuddin west address?
I am talking about the Red/Maroon/Rust (difficult to point ot the exact shade under layers of dust and tattered body cover)Pullman in Nizamuddin East. I saw it there for many years as my sister used to live in the area and i would accompany her for her evening walk. Tried to enquire a couple of times but the family looked at me as if i was asking for their daughter's hand in marriage.

Then there was Mr.(or was it Dr.) Bhalla, a silver haired, distinguished looking chap, who was my sister's imediate nieghbour. He had a 68 Mustang (DHD something) it was either dark blue of dark green i fainntly remember. He had a 1971 Tomato Red Chevy Malibu and a Packard convertible in white. I have seen these cars in mint condition, then in deteriorating condition and then just disappeared one day. Re the Packard, i had once the good fortune of clearing the debris out of it along with the old man. The garage ceiling had caved in on it. In the following visit a year later he showed it off to me in mint condition and had boasted it of having won a prize. I remember faintly asking him if he would ever sell these beauties. He replied, Ill kill the person who suggests it. Needless to ay i never suggested it. My sister moved on from there to GK-I and when i went to meet Mr. Bhalla a few years ago, i was told that the cars were all sold and that Mr. Bhalla had passed away. RIP.
Old 9th May 2009, 01:27   #1221
BHPian

Volkswagen Variant -1967

Please see attached photographs of a 1967 Volkswagon Variant which is for sale. For further details please contact the owner Dr. U. T. Advani on his mobile no. 9810018244, A22/2, NDSE Part-I, New Delhi – 110 049.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-1.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-2.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-3.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-4.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-5.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-6.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-7.jpg  

Old 9th May 2009, 01:50   #1222

That seems to be a very complete car. isnt this the same one used by Ritchie Roberts in American Gangster?
Old 9th May 2009, 08:54   #1223
Senior - BHPian

1960 Standard Pennant in Calcutta needs rescuing ASAP:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1294882-post824.html
Old 9th May 2009, 11:06   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Please see attached photographs of a 1967 Volkswagon Variant which is for sale. For further details please contact the owner Dr. U. T. Advani on his mobile no. 9810018244, A22/2, NDSE Part-I, New Delhi – 110 049.
That Variant looks nice, all there and would be a perfect project for a young, budding classic car enthuseast to take on.

Not very good with VW cars but I think this would have what they refer to as a suitcase engine, under the floor of the rear cargo bay. It should be a twin carb setup and maybe a 1.8 so it could be a nice and nippy car to actually drive

Calling all you young and brave guys out there, here is a chance to put your money where your mouth is !!!!

BTW I hope the owner is not expecting funny money for it though ??
Old 9th May 2009, 11:11   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Guys, what would be the average market value of a similar variant, but RHD?? I know price is subjective and all that, but just want to know the approximate value.
Old 9th May 2009, 14:24   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
That car looks really complete and intact. Restoration should not be too difficult, parts are not too expensive and not too hard to find. The car itself, well, not so collectable, but times are changing fast and these models are climbing in value. Go on, this is a great starter project for an enthusiast.

Any idea what the asking price is?
Old 9th May 2009, 14:46   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That car looks really complete and intact. Restoration should not be too difficult, parts are not too expensive and not too hard to find. The car itself, well, not so collectable, but times are changing fast and these models are climbing in value. Go on, this is a great starter project for an enthusiast.

Any idea what the asking price is?
Dont know about this one but there is a similar conditioned one, a fastback in Bombay which i am negotiating for. It was offered for 1.25, negotiable, then was down to 1.0 and now to 75K also negotiable.

I have made a reasonable offer to him. Lets see what works out.

The car is a daily drive and was in original paint till the present owner got a bright idea and over coated it, in a different colour

Delhi on the other hand always has a tendency to overprice cars so i havent found out. Besides that, the cost of bringing it down here and then re registering her here would be astronomical. MAybe good if its available for a song, they are not so collectable as of today but im sure will be in a few years time.
Old 9th May 2009, 15:01   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Not very good with VW cars but I think this would have what they refer to as a suitcase engine, under the floor of the rear cargo bay. It should be a twin carb setup and maybe a 1.8 so it could be a nice and nippy car to actually drive
Absolutely, suitcase engine and also called pancake engine by some folks! Similar in the basic boxer construction as the Beetle's engine, the major change was the flatter cooling fan enabling doing away with the big vertical fan shroud seen in Beetles and Karmanns. Engine access is through a trap-door on the raised floor at the back! Displacement wise though, only 1.5l and 1.6l were available as standard. The Variant was also one of the first mass-produced cars to get fuel injection in the late 60s. Another interesting trivia is that VW, after this the original Variant calls all its Station-wagons/Estates as Variants (internally) till date. Newer versions of the Varaint that evolved through the production run aside, the spiritual successor of the Variant was/is the Passat!!
Old 9th May 2009, 15:55   #1229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Absolutely, suitcase engine and also called pancake engine by some folks!
Here is an engine bay shot of a (once) nice Variant in Pune. The car was one owner, original white paint till overcoated red by present owner. Car was a great runner, 100% complete but abandoned for a few years now, sinking slowly into the ground. When I brought a friend to try and buy the car, it was described by owner as 'half self start'. Sigh!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-05.jpg  

Old 9th May 2009, 16:07   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Delhi on the other hand always has a tendency to overprice cars so i havent found out.
I would beg to disagree with you there, Gogi. There are people with variable (and imaginative) notions everywhere! I have heard of atrocious demands, and even more atrocious behaviour pre and post purchase, happening in many other places, including Bombay and Poona (a city that I love from the bottom of my heart!). Delhi tends to get a lot of undeserving/prejudiced flak; something that I'm also guilty of indulging in many a times.

The problem is with the whole 'collection' spree generating a frenzy of wheeling-dealing fuelled by the new lot of 'collectors' (of all sizes of garages) and fanned by the new lot of dealers/touts, a majority of whom don't know much about the automobiles, and couldn't care less either as long as the moolah is good. And the tentacles have spread all across the nation. There was wheeling-dealing in the past too, but like with everything else back in the day, there was a certain gentility then in it that's now missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
MAybe good if its available for a song, they are not so collectable as of today but im sure will be in a few years time.
Definitely not music to a seller's ears! By the way, how much are songs going for these days?

Incidentally, HMCI (Heritage Motoring Club of India, Delhi) had gifted a green VW Variant to the winner of a raffle held at it's stall at the last Auto Expo in Delhi! That was a later model, probably early 70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is an engine bay shot of a (once) nice Variant in Pune. Car was a great runner, 100% complete but abandoned for a few years now, sinking slowly into the ground. Sigh!
That's a pity, isn't it, Karl? Not good for our autonomic nervous system at all. Works up the cranial nerves pitifully!!

Last edited by Prabal : 9th May 2009 at 16:24. Reason: Merged the next post with this, being back-to-back!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks