Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2009, 14:46   #1096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Twisting & Turning journeys, seems to be Prabhal's another hobby apart from Automobiles
@ Tuffryder . How much time will you take, to reach Coimbi from Chennai by SURFACE mode ? in a Volvo Bus to peep inside a VOLVO CAR ?? & to gulp a peiece of Mysore Pak if not bananas
Though, whole post seems out of topic !!!
Mysore has some thing to do with Jawas aint it !!!

Ha, ha good one powertwin.

A little correction there, you would remember of course. I missed the last Volvo bus to leave at night from Chennai to Coimby and had to take the State Transport Ashok Leylands - changing five buses to finally complete the journey in 12 or 13 hours and getting a crash course in the language watching videos of highly entertaining Tamil chartbusters!

The Delhi to Chennai and Coimbatore to Delhi flights were equally eventful. For the flight from Delhi to Chennai I reached after the last 30 minutes before take-off had elapsed and for the Coimby to Delhi flight too I was late for check-in, reaching 15 minutes before take-off (without your and Sunil's help even that wouldn't have been possible). And since my seat had been given away to someone else on both ocassions, I was upgraded both times to business class at no extra cost, other than stern lectures on showing up late for check-in. But, I'm tempted to try this often now, especially on long hauls!
Old 14th March 2009, 04:09   #1097
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics of a 230 SL (similar to MRH 2300) are posted here - > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...es-230-sl.html
Old 14th March 2009, 11:11   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Pics of a 230 SL (similar to MRH 2300) are posted here - > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...es-230-sl.html
These pics are probably of MRH only. She was sort of done and redone!

BTW, the white Pagoda LHD 230 has travelled to Nepean Sea Road and can be yours for 60/65L. Far too much and good luck if someone wants to go for it.
Old 14th March 2009, 21:40   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Nevermind Gogi, you shall get one! and I shall get one too! Imports will open in a few years and we'll get concours cars.
Yes sir. Aapke muh mein ghee shakkar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
A story of a Pagoda in the mid 1980's.
There was a Pagoda which went from Mumbai to Delhi, it may have been MRH registered. In Delhi it was with a dealer Bagla......
Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
OK Isn't this a red car the with a dubious engine I was told it had a Fiat engine!!
Indeed the same car but not with a Fiat engine That engine would not be able to move the car even.

Presenting MRH 2300

Watch the car in this song and enjoy and Note the number...

Yes MRH 2300 was Feroz Khan's personal steed. He used it in his super hit film Dharmatma in a lot of shots.

Here is Cowboy Khan jumping on his steed

Classic Cars available for purchase-dharmatma.jpg

In hot pursuit of the thugs

Classic Cars available for purchase-dharmatma2.jpg
Old 15th March 2009, 00:18   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Presenting MRH 2300

Yes MRH 2300 was Feroz Khan's personal steed. He used it in his super hit film Dharmatma in a lot of shots.

Ive always wondered if that car survived, haven't seen that movie in ages, or I might have recognised the number. I have very early fond memories of my father explaining to me excitedly about this Merc everytime we saw the movie.
Old 15th March 2009, 01:55   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Karl, you are slipping You, of all people i thought, would snap out the relationship. Anyways Ram and me had a long talk over the Pagoda Top, the original colours it came in and then i remembered that Dharmatma had a similar SL in champagne colour. Ram remembered the song and the rest just followed. IN any case Feroze Khan loved this type of SL. Even Apraadh, his other film had him driving all over Europe in a white Pagoda top, in another song, this time with Mumtaz.... the song, "Hamare Siva Tumhare Aur Kitne Deewane Hain.." ... I can picture both, Scooby05 and me singing this song...to the car
Old 15th March 2009, 02:12   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Yes sir. Aapke muh mein ghee shakkar.

Indeed the same car but not with a Fiat engine That engine would not be able to move the car even.

Presenting MRH 2300

YouTube - Tumne Kisi Se Kabhi Pyar Kiya Hai - Mukesh & Kanchan - Dharmatma (1975)

Here is Cowboy Khan jumping on his steed

Attachment 111523

In hot pursuit of the thugs

Attachment 111524
The car was indeed red in colour. We had bought it from Kandla port then sold it after a few years. And it surely did not have a fiat engine

Last edited by anish9000 : 15th March 2009 at 02:14.
Old 15th March 2009, 02:15   #1103
BHPian

Loved it Gogi! Kya khub lagti ho ... Mukesh's instrumental-music-accompaniment-less (as were most of his his renditions generally, and comparatively) but evocatively lilting (nasal) voice nonetheless, the lyrics, the locale - the arid dessert setting with the cupric golden Pagoda. Wah, this is heaven again. Only, Rekha, and earlier Hema, naah! Zeenie? Yes, would have suited my basic instincts more, as a better Indiene frauline foil to the Benz. Topless, like the Merc? Well wishful thinking, this ain't an RK production afterall!

Talking of Mumtaz and the white pagoda, how about the Alfa, and the myriad other cars in that flick?! Happiness, is this.

Last edited by Prabal : 15th March 2009 at 02:24. Reason: changed spelling of Alfa, from Aplha, can you believe it?!!
Old 19th March 2009, 17:02   #1104
Senior - BHPian

NOS tax disc holder

saw this tax disc holder at a old spare parts shop.
any one interested
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-image645.jpg  

Old 19th March 2009, 17:14   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
any one interested
I am interested in this. Please do reserve it for me.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:24   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Loved it Gogi! Kya khub lagti ho ... Mukesh's instrumental-music-accompaniment-less (as were most of his his renditions generally, and comparatively) but evocatively lilting (nasal) voice ......Only, Rekha, and earlier Hema, naah! Zeenie? Yes, would have suited my basic instincts more, as a better Indiene frauline foil to the Benz. Topless, like the Merc? Well wishful thinking, this ain't an RK production afterall!
Talking of Mumtaz and the white pagoda, how about the Alfa, and the myriad other cars in that flick?! Happiness, is this.
If wishes were horses. Feroz Khan was particularly fond of Mercs, besides his leading ladies, both of which displayed in his movies elaborately.

I remember the cars from Apradh but he did drive the Ferrari on the track and the Pagoda top on the roads.

Unfortunately, after Qurbani he quite lost it and that was the last FK International bannered film i was a fan of, Zeenie baby not withstanding.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:54   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any one interested
I am! Do pm me detials on the price etc.
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:56   #1108
BHPian

available for sale

seen this kingsway 2 door convertible with a dealer for sale. he was asking for 7 lacs.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-mail.google.com.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2009, 23:11   #1109
Senior - BHPian

7 lakhs??! And that too when the car is so buggered up! Note the front window has been modified to accomodate a Fiat(?) windscreen! 'wonder what's been put under the bonnet as well!
Old 23rd March 2009, 01:02   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
a beetle 1300cc of 1975vintage is there in nagercoil. the car is in running condition with no tax arrears asking price is a bit steep

@ Ajay... How much is he asking?

What's a Beetle like this worth folks??

I was offered an immaculate 1982 Brazilian 1300....Left hand... recently. Whats the max price one could pay for a good Bug like this??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks