Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 11:44   #616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
You are thoroughly mistaken V-16,the Hindustan 14's &Landmasters were offered in INDIA with the side valve engines.ONLY . The early mark I Ambassadors upto late 1959 were offered with side valve engine only(1467cc). The 60's ambassador came with the OHV engine.
Also in the 60's itself there was a mad rush to convert the side valve engines to the OHV engines as the sidevalve engine had a problem with the engine head(am not sure),that maybe the reason for the OHV badges(after all it was not a factory fitment!) .
Also the Landmaster WOODY Traveller being an import had only OHV engine( as far as my knowledge goes)
So, I guess the H14 i have seen might have had a engine swap? Will the docs specify the engine type?

Is it possible to source a side valve engine?
Old 19th June 2008, 11:22   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
So, I guess the H14 i have seen might have had a engine swap? Will the docs specify the engine type?

Is it possible to source a side valve engine?
It is very difficult to get a working condition side valve engine of HINDUSTAN14.also you should get the bell housing cover(aluminium) if the gear box also has been changed. My advice would be to stay away from this car if you are a originality crazy guy.
Old 19th June 2008, 15:58   #618
BANNED

Just guess guys what i found,

Had been travelling towards Whitefield via the Ring road, came across a junction with choked traffic, went into a small gully, inside a compound i find one Shell of a Beetle

Got to the owner, he seems to have complete documents on the car updated, engine is completely overhauled, he's got all fitments on the car.

The only work pending is tinkering and painting, though the floor is not visible, we need to get a new floor for the car.

Its a complete ground up resto project. I dunno if the price tag of 1 lac is right for such a car?

Anybody interested in something like the above find. Pls revert.
Old 19th June 2008, 16:10   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Had been travelling towards Whitefield via the Ring road, came across a junction with choked traffic, went into a small gully, inside a compound i find one Shell of a Beetle

Got to the owner, he seems to have complete documents on the car updated, engine is completely overhauled, he's got all fitments on the car.

The only work pending is tinkering and painting, though the floor is not visible, we need to get a new floor for the car.

Its a complete ground up resto project. I dunno if the price tag of 1 lac is right for such a car?

I would be interested Pavan. One can always negotiate on the price front.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:17   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

is it a white one by any chance?
Old 20th June 2008, 14:18   #621
BANNED

V-16 and JayD.

this beetle is of some green color, paint faded so not much paint on the car.

Of what i saw, the Engine is completely overhauled and is in pristine condition a 1300cc, Gear box is in nice condition, Wheels are in good condition. Dashboard looks awkward as some kind of chaska work done on it. Floor has to be done.Documents seem to be uptodate.

The owner started to get things together but lost interest midway because of his hectic schedule.

Could not get any pics, will try going there by Saturday and post some pics later.
Old 21st June 2008, 17:53   #622
BHPian

Quote:
V-16 and JayD.

this beetle is of some green color, paint faded so not much paint on the car.

Of what i saw, the Engine is completely overhauled and is in pristine condition a 1300cc, Gear box is in nice condition, Wheels are in good condition. Dashboard looks awkward as some kind of chaska work done on it. Floor has to be done.Documents seem to be uptodate.

The owner started to get things together but lost interest midway because of his hectic schedule.

Could not get any pics, will try going there by Saturday and post some pics later.
Any meters on the dashboard? What about other cosmetics like beadings, light rings, bumpers etc. Left hand or Right hand drive?
Old 21st June 2008, 20:49   #623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussey View Post
Any meters on the dashboard? What about other cosmetics like beadings, light rings, bumpers etc. Left hand or Right hand drive?

Based on the discussions with the owner,

All outer beadings available.
Light, rings not available
Left converted to right.
Other badges available
Door handles available
Meters available

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
is it a white one by any chance?

WHITE..

JayD which white, have you seen any?

Pls let me know if anythings available in Bangalore that i am not aware of.

This ones not white, its lost lot of paint and might be some green or brown.

Note from Mod - Posts merged. Please do not make multiple consecutive posts. Use the EDIT button to add to your original post within 20minutes of posting - or use the MULTIQUOTE button to quote multiple posts at one time.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2008 at 23:41. Reason: Please see note in post.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st June 2008, 20:57   #624
BHPian

Hi Pavan,
Could we please have a few more details.
I would like to take this further.
Old 21st June 2008, 21:02   #625
BHPian

Quote:

All outer beadings available.
Light, rings not available
Left converted to right.
Other badges available
Door handles available
Meters available
Thanks, Pawan. Pics welcome please.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:10   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHITE..
JayD which white, have you seen any?
Pls let me know if anythings available in Bangalore that i am not aware of.
This ones not white, its lost lot of paint and might be some green or brown.
Yes pava, there is a white beetle abandoned in a small gully/garage in bangalore, saw it the last time i came there. I dunno where excatly it is since i'm not that familiar with places in bangy, but will ask my friend for the location and update u guys.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:46   #627
BANNED

Jay D

Is it inside a garage? are there 2 jeeps and some maruti's getting serviced there.

Is it next to a big construction site?

If its the one, i've seen, but if its a different place please let me know.
Old 21st June 2008, 23:49   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jay D

Is it inside a garage? are there 2 jeeps and some maruti's getting serviced there.

Is it next to a big construction site?

If its the one, i've seen, but if its a different place please let me know.
It isn't excatly "in" a garage, its literally on the road side! I remember any construction site there, it was about half an hour drive from town.
I spotted this on the same day i spotted brat's beetles at his house!
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:14   #629
BHPian

jd are you talking about the vw parked up at koramangla at rac? i have heard of another white one which was around viveknagar area but moved since.theres another yellow vw stripped and prepped for paint and left as it is since almost 4 years at another private garage.
Old 22nd June 2008, 21:26   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Left converted to right.
This single qualification should make the car not approachable for a price like this. It should be way cheaper owing to this one deformity. Please note it will be very very difficult, not to mention expensive to re convert it to its original LHD avtar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks