Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2008, 01:43   #586
Senior - BHPian

This might be the wrong thread to ask this and I might get beaten up for asking. However has anyone ever tried to make a HotRod of one of these classics. I mean plonk a V8 or something in it with some loud FFE?

Also paint is some silly purple or candy pink color?
Old 6th June 2008, 02:12   #587

Hehe. No Wolf. None of us have tried to make HotRods here. I am sure there is a freaky hot rodish Beetle somewhere down south.
Old 6th June 2008, 11:35   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
This might be the wrong thread to ask this and I might get beaten up for asking. However has anyone ever tried to make a HotRod of one of these classics. I mean plonk a V8 or something in it with some loud FFE?

Also paint is some silly purple or candy pink color?
bhai, we both are in the same party.
stanher has already got his weapons ready to beat me few months ago when i asked talked about a thought (to chop of the roof of a two door herald and make it a roadster). lol

Whenever I see those classic roadsters here in hyderabad on a sunday morning when owner takes them for drive and driving extra carefully or put up for a vintage and classic car show, I think "they(the cars) deserve a drive the way they were made for"
Old 6th June 2008, 12:19   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
stanher has already got his weapons ready to beat me few months ago when i asked talked about a thought (to chop of the roof of a two door herald and make it a roadster). lol
Uh, surely you jest! Hehe! I dont remember you telling me about owning a Herald ever so far. In case you have plans now there are a couple of cars here, but you may find the price way too steep!
Ive already posted about one of them the otehr day.
One thing btw- you dont have to chop or hack or torch or saw the roof off any Herald- they all have simple, bolt-on roofs. About 8 bolts in total, just unscrew them and the roof is off!
Which is what makes me wonder why there have been people who go to the extent of making grosse soft-tops on these cars, which dont have a professional touch at all! Even if the idea is to make it as close to an original convertible as possible, it doesnt make sense considering the way it turns out! The car I saw the other day is enough proof of it!
Old 6th June 2008, 14:09   #590
Senior - BHPian

wow! bolt on!!!, herald(two door) for sure makes into my wish list now.
My next destination: Shyam Singh Stanher Saheb's garage in Singapore townShip. (mostly on sunday evening)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
In case you have plans now there are a couple of cars here, but you may find the price way too steep!
I am not in a position to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
bhai, we both are in the same party.
oh! I forgot to mention the name of the party.
ZSP (Zaalim Samaaj Party)

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 6th June 2008 at 14:13.
Old 13th June 2008, 23:46   #591
BHPian

Some interesting find

I came across 2 interesting cars today, one is a Fiat but was unable to figure out whether it is a elegant or a millicento (pls suggest). The other one is a Hindusthan 14, not sure of the year of manufacture.

The fiat was quoted 30,000 and after negotiation he had come down to 28000 and my last offer was 25,000. Docs available but FC pending.

Hindusthan 14, has all docs up to date and was quoting 50,000. And seems to be in a reasonably good condition except for the door panels and the door handle which are worn out completely. I am yet to offer my price for this car.

I am keen on picking up the Hindusthan 14 and I can reserve the fiat if any of you are interested. I am going there in the morning to finalize the Hindusthan 14 after checking the engine. If I finally success on this car, it will be my first restoration project and I am already excited about it.

Pls find the pic, and let me know the best price i should offer for the H14,
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-fiatelegant.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-fiateleganttwo.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-hindusrtan14.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-hindusrtan14second.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-hindusrtan14three.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th June 2008, 09:18   #592
Senior - BHPian

srisha,

The fiat from the front grille, appears to be a 54-55 'millecento', although the 3 horizontal slats across the grille are missing.
Any other views of this car? From what I can see, 25 was a reasonable enough amount you offered.

Hindusthan 14 would be '50-52 if I'm not wrong?
But this car's been buggered up a lot, especially the rear and the dash. Compare with the pics. of this immaculate 14 so as to tell:
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-hindustan-005.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-hindustan-004.jpg  

Old 14th June 2008, 09:47   #593
Senior - BHPian

does the Hindusthan 14 have a ambassador dash?????
Old 14th June 2008, 14:57   #594
BHPian

Hindustan 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
My grandfather had a cream-coloured Hindustan 14. We fondly called it "The Tank"! Stanher is right, thats not the original dash...looks like an Ambassador dash
Go for it, Srisha! All the best!
Old 14th June 2008, 17:28   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Yes the one in Srisha's pic. certainly looks like a later model amby dash.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to find an original H14 dash though.
Old 14th June 2008, 18:43   #596
BHPian

Update - H14 & Fiat

I just came back after spending almost the entire day checking both the cars - Fiat Millicento and the H14,

Fiat Millicento - Checked the docs, and the tax was paid only until 1993 and hasnt been renewed since then. I checked with my RTO contact and he says the pending tax and the penalties would come up to atleast 12000-15000, (not sure if this is really true). It has as many as 7 owners and it also has a copy of the original manual, that itself looked like a collectors piece. I had a thorough check of the car and is missing quite a lot of things - side door panels, all indicators, handles, front grill, emblem and such. I have dropped the idea of picking up this car and if some one is still interested pls let me know.

H14 - Was waiting for the docs to arrive, and it is currently being worked to start the engine and make it move. Had a thorough check of the car and found all the door panel missing, handles broken, has a newer amby model dashboard, rear indicators were not the original ones, and the floor was rusted badly and worn out in the sides. I could also find the original H14 dashbaord (smith's) with the clock as well but its not in the wooden pannel. I am still keen on buying this and waiting for the final price negotiation.

Will keep you posted on the developments.

Regards,

Srisha
Old 14th June 2008, 19:10   #597
Senior - BHPian

The dash in the Hindustan14 is of an Ambi. The rear lights from a Matador and the front parking lights from another car.
The Fiat is a 54-55 Millicento as Stanher has suggested.
Old 14th June 2008, 19:10   #598
Team-BHP Support

The milli somehow looks very over priced for the description. Where's the prices heading to!
Old 14th June 2008, 19:22   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srisha View Post
I could also find the original H14 dashbaord (smith's) with the clock as well but its not in the wooden pannel.
Uh, just a question to the experts here- did Hindusthan 14s ever come with wooden dashes? I dont recall ever having seen one with them. 'would be grateful for clarification on this.
Old 14th June 2008, 19:26   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Uh, just a question to the experts here- did Hindusthan 14s ever come with wooden dashes? I dont recall ever having seen one with them. 'would be grateful for clarification on this.
Not that I know of. I think if anyone has seen one, it would be an after-market custom job

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks