Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 10:02   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Pavan, is this the same car which was parked in an open Garage last year with a lot of new construction going on? I went to see a Mercedes 110 there and was appalled to see the sight of the car. This was parked on the other side, covered. If i remember right, even the interiors are buggered up. Was the owner's car he said. I had a picture somewhere too but cant seem to find it right now.
This was the Merc which was shown to me. Said the car needed very little tin work. Little eh? Check this out!! Dont even want to get into how bad the interior was. It actually had no flooring.
Hey Gogi Bhai - Would this guy be interested in selling some parts off? I could use those fender indicators (They look to be in better shape than mine). Also if he has a PS box in the 110, I would not mind that either? Thanks.
Old 5th June 2008, 10:38   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussey View Post
Delhi prices are high and so are bangalore prices.
I might add, so are Hyderabad prices!

Yesterday I was shown a '64-65 mk1 Herald here which I was told was an 'original hardtop'....only to see that it was a hardtop very shoddily modified into a convertible- he just fitted a soft-top at the rear with no provision for it to be tucked into the body unlike on genuine convertibles, so as a result it sits up grossely at the rear like a cycle rickshaw top!!!

For all that waste of money/effort, he couldve just had the hardtop bolted off and driven the car open, then had it bolted back when he decided to sell the car!

And guess how much he's asking for it- 1.5 lacs!!

I'd actually seen the same car a year ago when it was being done up at a garage. They gave the impression then that its turning out very well!
Old 5th June 2008, 17:18   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

'got a call from the scrapwala today who told me he got some "antique" car from the 50s.
'so went there to check it out and it happens to be a '52 Vauxhall Wyvern.
This car is missing quite a number of parts, notably the front bumper, and looks like it has been off the road for atleast 2 decades! 'doesnt look too bad but it would need a total ground-up restoration as you can see.

And now, for the good news- its got the RC book!
It was first registered in the name of some firm at RP Road, Secunderabad and had never been registered in any other name after that. The fitness has not been done after 1984, which must have been the last time the car was in use (although contrary to what many people outside AP are familiar with, it should not amount to any pending taxes as the life-tax policy had then been abolished by the AP government, but of course there would be a penalty for the expired fitness)

If anyone is keen on saving this car, do let me know ASAP and I'll get back to him to ask about the price. The fact that it has the papers intact would definitely make it worth saving despite the missing parts which would take very long to source!
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0681.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0685.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0683.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0684.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0686.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0687.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0688.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0689.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0690.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0691.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0692.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0693.jpg  

Old 5th June 2008, 17:24   #574

Ohh beautiful beautiful!! Where the hell do you get parts for a Wyvern from!! Looks like an extremely difficult project to me.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:08   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Where the hell do you get parts for a Wyvern from!!
I can only think of the UK! 'cant be any chance of getting them from anywhere in India now!

Quote:
Looks like an extremely difficult project to me.
to you??! Does that mean you want to pick it up?

Just kidding!
Old 5th June 2008, 18:38   #576
Senior - BHPian

Vcash, the car has been scrapped since I saw it last. Sad but true. Will look out for these indicators for you.

Re the Fiat that I had mentioned here is the pic. And Pavan its the same car. The number is not blanked as the original pic posted had the number on.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc00698.jpg  

Old 5th June 2008, 21:46   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'got a call from the scrapwala today who told me he got some "antique" car from the 50s.
'so went there to check it out and it happens to be a '52 Vauxhall Wyvern.
A similar superb original car has just come to Pune in the hands of a collector, to be restored. It is in original paint, upholstry and tyres! A unique feature is the windows have a small protrusion of a handle built in, and is simply pulled down and pushed up by hand, being spring loaded.
Old 5th June 2008, 21:58   #578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A similar superb original car has just come to Pune in the hands of a collector, to be restored. It is in original paint, upholstry and tyres! A unique feature is the windows have a small protrusion of a handle built in, and is simply pulled down and pushed up by hand, being spring loaded.
Wow, thats great news I guess! Original right down to the tyres, huh?! 'must have cost him a bomb then!
Old 5th June 2008, 22:44   #579
Senior - BHPian

there's one in mint condition( cream color) just a short walk from where i live. this car would look awesome in black.
Old 5th June 2008, 22:48   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ohh beautiful beautiful!! Where the hell do you get parts for a Wyvern from!! Looks like an extremely difficult project to me.
Hey guys, forgive me if I sound over - enthu, but my recent forays to chor bazaar have made me a true believer in miracles !! It's a wonderland where anything and everything may be available. Don't be too surprised if you find Wyvern parts there, as the car was very popular in India at one time.
Old 5th June 2008, 23:15   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hey guys, forgive me if I sound over - enthu, but my recent forays to chor bazaar have made me a true believer in miracles !! It's a wonderland where anything and everything may be available. Don't be too surprised if you find Wyvern parts there, as the car was very popular in India at one time.

I think the prev gen Wyvern and velox were popular cars, This is the 2nd gen model, which was indeed quite rare.
Old 5th June 2008, 23:37   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I can only think of the UK! 'cant be any chance of getting them from anywhere in India now!

to you??! Does that mean you want to pick it up?

Just kidding!
Of Course not!! It would be a suicidal project!
Old 6th June 2008, 00:18   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
this car would look awesome in black.
This car would look awesome even if painted in the same colour, if restored right:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...velox_eipv.jpg

Old 6th June 2008, 00:26   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I think the prev gen Wyvern and velox were popular cars, This is the 2nd gen model, which was indeed quite rare.
Aaah - Velox, that's right. Have seen two wonderfully original Veloxes, being restored at Cyrus Gandhy's petrol pump near churchgate. By the way the garage behind this petrol pump is a treasure trove.. now if only I would remember the camera
Old 6th June 2008, 00:34   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Vcash, the car has been scrapped since I saw it last. Sad but true. Will look out for these indicators for you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dsc00698.jpg

Re the Fiat that I had mentioned here is the pic. And Pavan its the same car. The number is not blanked as the original pic posted had the number on.
Which Fiat is this? Old 600 or something?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks