Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 16:46   #3406
Senior - BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

During my visit to the scrapyard today i saw this Fiat Select standing in a bylane. A quick inquiry revealed that its available for sale. The reg. no. is USQ *** series.

Now regarding the car, cosmetically its a very very very original car right from the meters, jewel lights, aluminum door and winders handles, horn button, etc. The exterior too is quite original, almost all the side beadings are intact, hood monogram with FIAT badging, front grill, bumpers, chrome windshield surrounds, chrome strip below the rear windshield, push button dicky lock, FIAT 1100 dicky badge even the clips to hold the wheel caps are intact barring a couple of them. Body is in nice condition.

The mechanicals are where this car's messed up. A gas kit is fitted, the ign. coil is from some other car, the fuse box isn't original etc. which i think can be taken care of.

The papers are intact & up to date, insurance has expired recently (as told) but price quoted is quite high. He's asking for 60k negotiable.
I have the contact details so anybody interested can PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-27062012497.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-27062012498.jpg  

Last edited by samsag12 : 27th June 2012 at 16:53.
Old 4th July 2012, 17:13   #3407
Senior - BHPian

A w115, an Austin A-40 and a morris minor for sale ads
Mercedes Benz 240 240D 1974Green, Registration:1975-May, Sedan , Rs.400000/- - Delhi - Cars

Vintage Austin A-40 - Krishnarajapura - Cars - Kankarbagh, Kumhrar

CAR FOR SALE WITH A OLDNESS IN IT - Hyderabad - Cars
Old 5th July 2012, 12:58   #3408
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

The following 1920's Austin 14/4 with registration no. MDR, is for sales in Chennai. Was supposed to have been in good condition at one time, then it was used on the Beach for joy rides and is now in this condition. Lying at a mechanic's place who does not seem too interested as the owner is not paying on time. Claims that there was an offer for 10 but owner wants 15. I guess this will remain unsold

Classic Cars available for purchase-img2012060800283.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-c-austin-2.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-c-austin-3.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-c-austin-4.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-c-austin-5.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-c-austin-6.jpg

Cheers

KPS
Old 5th July 2012, 18:34   #3409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
During my visit to the scrapyard today i saw this Fiat Select standing in a bylane. A quick inquiry revealed that its available for sale. The reg. no. is USQ *** series.

The papers are intact & up to date, insurance has expired recently (as told) but price quoted is quite high. He's asking for 60k negotiable.
Not a bad car, surprisingly looks nearly complete! Someone should save it, would make an ideal first project. 'hope the body is not worse than it looks!

The price could hopefully be brought down to half if bargained hard.

If not, atleast attempts to salvage as many of the parts as possible should be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The following 1920's Austin 14/4 with registration no. MDR, is for sales in Chennai.Claims that there was an offer for 10 but owner wants 15. I guess this will remain unsold
I guess the reason being the 10 and 15 you mention are in lacs rather than thousands?
Old 6th July 2012, 12:42   #3410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Not a bad car, surprisingly looks nearly complete! Someone should save it, would make an ideal first project. 'hope the body is not worse than it looks! The price could hopefully be brought down to half if bargained hard. If not, atleast attempts to salvage as many of the parts as possible should be made. I guess the reason being the 10 and 15 you mention are in lacs rather than thousands?
A worthy project. But the dash meters are all Indian, altered.
I am confused. If the price does not get bargained down to half, why would the car go in salvage?
Just wondering.

Cheers harit
Old 6th July 2012, 12:49   #3411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I am confused. If the price does not get bargained down to half, why would the car go in salvage?
Just wondering.

Cheers harit
Because there are 2 posts and hence 2 cars in question, one Fiat and then Austin.
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 19:34   #3412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just wondering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Because there are 2 posts and hence 2 cars in question, one Fiat and then Austin.
'hope Karl's reply clarified something for you harit- working too hard lately btw?

My post was with replies (shown in Bold here) to TWO different persons about TWO different cars, this one was to samsag's post on the FIAT 1100:

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12

Not a bad car, surprisingly looks nearly complete! Someone should save it, would make an ideal first project. 'hope the body is not worse than it looks!

The price could hopefully be brought down to half if bargained hard.
If not, atleast attempts to salvage as many of the parts as possible should be made.
Then the other part referred to KPS' pics. of the Austin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS
The following 1920's Austin 14/4 with registration no. MDR, is for sales in Chennai.Claims that there was an offer for 10 but owner wants 15. I guess this will remain unsold

I guess the reason being the 10 and 15 you mention are in lacs rather than thousands?
Old 7th July 2012, 10:04   #3413
BHPian

super select for sale

Italian Fiat 1100 for sale - Neyyattinkara - Cars

is the car original? is the price high?
Old 7th July 2012, 12:21   #3414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Quote:
'hope Karl's reply clarified something for you harit- working too hard lately btw?

My post was with replies (shown in Bold here) to TWO different persons about TWO different cars, this one was to samsag's post on the FIAT 1100:

Then the other part referred to KPS' pics. of the Austin:
No, Karl's reply did not clarify, and yes, working too hard which keeps thinking clear
Two cars, two posts, I merged them, no problem. Meters belong to Austin, the price and salvage was for Fiat. But, if the price of the samsag12's discovered Fiat is 60K, why should the owner give it in salvage for less if he choses not to let himself be bargained to half. Salvage means that someone has to get the car and dismantle it.
This is what I was trying to say, nothing to do with two post. Lets discard the meters out of the post

Cheers harit
Old 7th July 2012, 14:43   #3415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post

IMHO not a bad price (by today's standards!) but all the more better if negotiable.
Not a bad car either from what can be seen, but more/better photos would have served to identify properly.

Quote:
But, if the price of the samsag12's discovered Fiat is 60K, why should the owner give it in salvage for less if he choses not to let himself be bargained to half. Salvage means that someone has to get the car and dismantle it.
This is what I was trying to say, nothing to do with two post. Lets discard the meters out of the post
Well, you may know what most of these people are like- nowadays even scrappies quote sky high prices for junkers if they see any chance of getting a 'bakra'! Its just a hit and trial for them, if none comes forward then they ultimately break the car. So why I mentioned the salvage bit was in case nobody is interested in buying the car (atleast no mention in the thread, donno if samsag has got any response by pm yet) then the car will ultimately be broken. So atleast at the time, some might be interested in buying parts off it as spares considering they are as valuable if not more than the car.
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 19:02   #3416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO not a bad price (by today's standards!) but all the more better if negotiable.
Not a bad car either from what can be seen, but more/better photos would have served to identify properly.

Well, you may know what most of these people are like- nowadays even scrappies quote sky high prices for junkers if they see any chance of getting a 'bakra'! Its just a hit and trial for them, if none comes forward then they ultimately break the car. So why I mentioned the salvage bit was in case nobody is interested in buying the car (atleast no mention in the thread, donno if samsag has got any response by pm yet) then the car will ultimately be broken. So atleast at the time, some might be interested in buying parts off it as spares considering they are as valuable if not more than the car.
Can't be explained better. The said car is indeed bought by a scrapper who is quoting a high price thinking its a 1940s model The car has all original papers, i am told. If it isn't sold as a car in a month or so it will be eventually broken down, as per my experience. Have experienced this thing happening with a Standard 10. This forced hacking is done mainly to save on the Hafta as the said collectors presume the scrapper to be a well off guy if they see complete car parked next to their shops.
Yes i have indeed got a couple of PMs, lets see if things materialize.

BTW there's one more Fiat Select on sale by a road side mech near the scrapyard (he mentions that it was saved by him from the scrappers). Not much original in cosmetic terms, have side pattis & few fittings and all. The asking price is Rs. 35k which can be negotiated.
I think i have contact details of this mechanic.

Last edited by samsag12 : 7th July 2012 at 19:07.
Old 7th July 2012, 19:18   #3417
Senior - BHPian

Re: super select for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post

The price is okay if the car is original.But you would have to ascertain that before making a decision
Old 8th July 2012, 12:17   #3418
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The following 1920's Austin 14/4 with registration no. MDR, is for sales in Chennai. Was supposed to have been in good condition at one time, then it was used on the Beach for joy rides and is now in this condition. Lying at a mechanic's place who does not seem too interested as the owner is not paying on time. Claims that there was an offer for 10 but owner wants 15. I guess this will remain unsold

Attachment 951434

Attachment 951435

Attachment 951436

Attachment 951437

Attachment 951438

Attachment 951439

Cheers

KPS
KPS, the claim that it was supposed to have bee in good condition could be partially true. But it was deteriorating fast.

It was on display at an "almost at beach" hotel near Chennai (wher I had gone for a Onam day celebrations). I had taken a fe pics of it on display in 1st week of September 2011.

I am posting them here if it would help some would be restorers of this car to make up their mind.

May be good project for restoration

Best Regards and Thanks

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-image0231.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image0234.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-image0230.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 13:14   #3419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
It was on display at an "almost at beach" hotel near Chennai (wher I had gone for a Onam day celebrations). I had taken a fe pics of it on display in 1st week of September 2011.

I am posting them here if it would help some would be restorers of this car to make up their mind.

May be good project for restoration
A pity about how the car has gone through metamorphosis for the worse! But I guess the damage is not very extensive and it can be restored back to originality, but for the price the owner is said to be quoting!
Old 9th July 2012, 21:22   #3420
Distinguished - BHPian

I had this advertisement that was handed over to me at the 2011 V & C Rally at Nagpur, by the seller.

Classic Cars available for purchase-picture-115.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks