Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2012, 20:13   #3376
Senior - BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Maybe, the earlier 1100Ds did come with these piano switches, before they were changed to the toggle-type. Of course, I'm just wondering; the gurus and experts here can educate us further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
The '65-'66 Delights did came with Piano switches instead of toggle ones which were later reintroduced. The said meter console and switch is original to this car.
Hmmm thats odd but i was of the impression that the Piano switches were introduced only in later Premiers. See, you live and learn everyday

Quote:
I agree with Gogi ji about the fair pricing, at 35K (can be negotiated) its a very good car to have, most original fittings intact. Hope some Fiat aficionado picks it up.
Hello???.....Hello??.....May i speak to Ronnie Vesunia please...??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Six lakhs for the beetle
....er... I need not say more!! Thanks Ajay!!

By the way anyone know where i can get a pair of rear tail light lenses for a W115? The ribbed type? Please PM me.
Old 9th June 2012, 20:23   #3377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hmmm thats odd but i was of the impression that the Piano switches were introduced only in later Premiers. See, you live and learn everyday

Hello???.....Hello??.....May i speak to Ronnie Vesunia please...??!!

These things were quite common with Fiats, first they introduced something then discontinued then again wake up & reintroduced eg. piano switches, heated manifold, dry air filters etc.

I guess this car deserves a place in a collection such as of Rony sir, he already has a very Fiatful err.. wonderful collection of cars.
Old 9th June 2012, 22:28   #3378
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodini View Post
Hi KPS,
I would be posting them shortly and it would be great if you could help me find my way through as I'm quite new into the forum.
Regards
Sanjay
Why not, I will surely help. I cannot send you a PM as you need to have a minimum to 25 posts to be able to use the PM feature. There are so many wonderful topics on the Forum you can surely complete 25 posts. Once you are able to PM, please send me your contact details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford 1946 View Post
A little of topic , I have got my car and need some help with the paperwork in Bangalore. Would appreciate it if anyone could help.
Thanks.
Ford 1946.
I can advice if I know the current status of your docs are. Please complete 25 posts so that you can PM me your requirements

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 22:50   #3379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This car looks clean and is priced well. Stanher, go get it! All original meters but switches have been changed to the later Padmini types. Still, at least one sensibly priced car.
True, the toggle switches are replaced in this particular car. All older Fiats had toggle switches on the dash.The piano switch first appeared in Ambassadors around the mid 1960's. The cream switch was located on the right "B" pillar inside to operate the interior roof lamp.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 9th June 2012 at 22:51.
Old 9th June 2012, 23:06   #3380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This car looks clean and is priced well. Stanher, go get it! All original meters but switches have been changed to the later Padmini types. Still, at least one sensibly priced car.
Hehe...thanks but no thanks sirjee! Not in a position to go for a car like this now.
'put up the ad thinking someone else might be interested.

As Prabal and sagar mentioned, the switches would be correct for this model, infact I too used to think they were padmini ones which is why I unfortunately let a completely original similar meter surround with the switches be destroyed from a '65 1100D being scrapped a few years ago (salvaged the meter cluster though!) when I had a Fiat (or two!) and would go parts-hunting very frequently then.
Old 10th June 2012, 17:37   #3381
BHPian

Thanks KPS,

I will do the needful.

I can advice if I know the current status of your docs are. Please complete 25 posts so that you can PM me your requirements

Cheers

KPS[/quote]
Old 12th June 2012, 15:38   #3382
Senior - BHPian

Two Cars for sale by a friend. Both cars Mechanically and Extrernally in Superb Condition. Both in Bombay.

1) Cadillac Fleetwood 1992

Classic Cars available for purchase-caddy3.jpg

2) Rolls Royce Silver Spirit 1982.

If anyone is seriously interested only then, please PM me for details. Here are the pics.

Classic Cars available for purchase-20120514-12.59.59.jpg
Old 16th June 2012, 16:01   #3383
Senior - BHPian

Elegant fiat for sale

Fiat - Raipur - Cars
maybe of interest to someone who wants to buy the most ''expensive'' fiat1100 in india!!
Old 16th June 2012, 17:44   #3384
BHPian

Re: Elegant fiat for sale

Quote:
Fiat - Raipur - Cars
maybe of interest to someone who wants to buy the most ''expensive'' fiat1100 in india!!

HHAHAHAHA..... He Says The Most Antique Car You can Find, and the Car is Available at the BEST RATE...
Old 20th June 2012, 17:01   #3385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat - Raipur - Cars
Missing wheelcaps, 1950?, but it appears to have the correct small headlights. Very rare.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 17:12   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Missing wheelcaps, 1950?, but it appears to have the correct small headlights. Very rare.

Cheers harit
it has the small headlights,but i think they are not the original italian brand headlights. I have seen some guys putting small round headlights on millicento/elegant which I believe originally came for some small LCV
.note that the park lights are not original either
Old 20th June 2012, 18:25   #3387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Rare maybe (if original) but not enough to warrant the price, although that's a different issue here!

Not just the missing hubcaps, even the rims are not original (padmini).

Plus quite a few other things as well.

The mileage of 15km (only?!) also sounds wishful.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:28   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fiat - Raipur - Cars
If I am not wrong, I know the earlier owner of this car. This one probably came from Hyderabad and is a Millicento with Elegent grill. It was a common mod to all the millicentos.

Also this car was traded for an unrestored all original Millicento. As far as I know the lights are not the twin sided type.
Old 20th June 2012, 20:40   #3389
Distinguished - BHPian

I am again dissecting the authenticity of claims made by some advertisements on display in the Vintage and Classics category on our very own teambhp.The twists and coloured text in the advertisements may after all tempt some gullible buyers to fall in the seller's trap.
This one is advertised as a 1978 Vintage/ Classic Willys Jeep. Above the front grille there is the "JEEP" logo embossed. I won't comment on the price, dieselisation or the gearbox etc which the seller has admitted transparently. But the fact is that this cannot be a 1978 model. The M&M jeeps were branded "JEEP"from 1970 till I believe 1973 or 74. Thereafter there was no branding of any kind and the place above the front grille was blank.The dash had the M&M plate with embossed engine and chassis numbers.Around 1977 end the MUV's were branded as "Mahindra". So this "Jeep" branding looks a bit mysterious for 1978!

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...lys-Jeep.html/

These two advts portray that the low bonnet Willys jeeps were from the 1960's. Absolute rubbish! The 1967 low bonnet is a RHD that deepens the mystery!

And this one beats 'em all hollow! A 1983 SUV here of Ford make with a Toyota engine- maybe its fitted with a Toyota engine but what about Ford and the low bonnet in 1983? How does the Toyota engine fit within the low bonnet without major modifications and a decrease of ground clearance ?

This one claims it is a 1948 model (LHD that is quite OK) with a high bonnet and presumably an OHV engine!

This one is a 1979 Willys as the seller calls it. It is RHD. Brand name "WILLYS" had almost been vanquished from its homeland viz.the US of A after the Kaiser Corporation sold it to American Motors in 1970.

And this one brand "Ford" is a 2011 model. More on that later! The seller claims that "The pick up and speed gives head on competition to a Scorpio ,safari and Endeavour.
You have to ride it to believe it." Thats only some information by the seller and I do not comment on that.
However, it has the Toyota 3C engine under the bonnet. Can't believe that - how can anything other than an old petrol side valve go under the low bonnet without some major modifications also decreasing the ground clearance? The OHV Hurricane engine also cannot go under these bonnets !! It is called a 2011 model, as the owner claims he has modified the vehicle 8 months back.

This one below is one from the Army disposal lot and is branded as a 1982 Willys! It should be a "Mahindra" branded MUV.

I feel prospective buyers need to be given a clearer picture of the product on sale by the sellers.Posting untrue facts needs to be discouraged.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th June 2012 at 20:46.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 21:44   #3390
BHPian

Quote:
another Fiat millicento for sale
Fiat Millicento 1954 Model For Sale - Chennai - Cars - Anna Nagar
no comments on the price!!!

This car was sold..... Any one here bought it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks