Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 06:39   #3136
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
Howmuch is the seller quoting? And will she come with her accesorries & parts which have been removed?
Would recommend that you avoid such cars, as missing parts will be very difficult to estimate. The seller should have had at least assemble mechanically assembled the car.
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:20   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Would recommend that you avoid such cars, as missing parts will be very difficult to estimate. The seller should have had at least assemble mechanically assembled the car.
Yes KPS! You are absolutely right hence was asking about the status on its accessories. And to add up it is not a W123 to get parts easily.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:13   #3138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I agree, that such cars are probably not worth the time, effort and frustration that would be spent on their restoration. Another team-bhp'ian summed it up rather accurately by saying that this car would be too costly even if it is given away free! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartikars View Post
Yes KPS! You are absolutely right hence was asking about the status on its accessories. And to add up it is not a W123 to get parts easily.
I think it's being sold in "as is where is" condition i.e no accessories available. The owner claims to have the papers, one windshield and 2 bumpers, but I have not verified any of these claims. I'm unsure about the price. Anyone still interested can contact him directly.

Pls note : I am not associated with the this car or the owner. Just passing on info.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:39   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebulletboy View Post
I agree, that such cars are probably not worth the time, effort and frustration that would be spent on their restoration. Another team-bhp'ian summed it up rather accurately by saying that this car would be too costly even if it is given away free! :-)

I think it's being sold in "as is where is" condition i.e no accessories available. The owner claims to have the papers, one windshield and 2 bumpers, but I have not verified any of these claims. I'm unsure about the price. Anyone still interested can contact him directly.

Pls note : I am not associated with the this car or the owner. Just passing on info.
Thanks for the inputs. And I guess there is no engine in the car also. And we all trust each other on Team-BHP, so disqualifier/PS not needed.
Old 27th August 2011, 19:36   #3140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
chevrolet impala 1969 - Lucknow - Cars - Hazratganj

Suggest DON'T even look at PRICE tag.
But that NUMBER PLATE is really unique.

Attachment 588472

Raab Rakha
The car looks good and it is for free.
So what is the delay then ?
How much he is really asking for ?
Old 30th August 2011, 11:00   #3141
Senior - BHPian

VolksWagon BETTLE - Kaithal - Cars
Old 30th August 2011, 12:02   #3142
BHPian

Nice, clean lines on that Beetle, although the colour combination is an eyesore!

And what does 'rarest of it's kind' in India mean?
MARCUS_520i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 13:10   #3143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Nice, clean lines on that Beetle, although the colour combination is an eyesore!

And what does 'rarest of it's kind' in India mean?
fully with you, probably the seller meant that BRAZILIAN beetles are rare in INDIA
Old 30th August 2011, 16:02   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Rare or not, tis indeed Belittling to call a Beetle as a Bettle...sorry couldnt resist that!
Old 30th August 2011, 16:35   #3145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Rare or not, tis indeed Belittling to call a Beetle as a Bettle...sorry couldnt resist that!
with you, the seller could be just a dealer,otherwise he would not call a beetle a BETTLE!!!
Old 30th August 2011, 22:46   #3146
Distinguished - BHPian

An Ambassador 1963 model is up on the block.The car looks OK and the seller is quoting a reasonable price, I feel.The bumpers and bumper guards are of the Mark II. Also the front bumper is painted black.This is a job that can be done over a period of time to get it back to its original condition.
As per the advertisement, it also has the original BMC engine and Smiths meters.The car is fitted with an Amaron battery, which if new or a recent buy must have cost about Rs 5.6 K.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...bassador.html/

A 1957 Landmaster for sale here. The car looks quite original but the price asked is 10 times the cost quoted by the above 1963 Ambassador seller.

And here is a 1960 Ambassador with an imported Isuzu engine, P/W, P/S and an A.C. It has bucket seats and so on. But the asking price is six times the above described 1963 Ambassador!

Another 1967 Ambassador Mark II with quite original exterior looks is here. It needs some bodywork very badly. But the car has a Matador diesel, an A.C., the newer dash and so on.the upholstery has been modded.
I am guessing,the paint could be original. This is a very rare ocean blue colour that came in the Mark II's from 1965-74. It was quite popular then, but is rare today.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 30th August 2011 at 23:05.
Old 4th September 2011, 11:43   #3147
Senior - BHPian

another fiat 1100 car for sale in Trivandrum at an UNREALISTIC price
1960 model Fiat 1100 Select in immaculate condition for sale in Trivandrum, Kerala - Thiruvananthapuram - Cars

the owner describes it as fully original,but the ''originality'' can be assessed from the photos itself!!!

Last edited by ajay99 : 4th September 2011 at 11:48.
Old 4th September 2011, 12:10   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1960 model Fiat 1100 Select in immaculate condition for sale in Trivandrum, Kerala - Thiruvananthapuram - Cars

the owner describes it as fully original,but the ''originality'' can be assessed from the photos itself!!!

Im not commenting about the price, bu the car certainly looks quite good. Also i dont see much deviations from originality. Am checking this from the phone, so pardon me if i have missed out some minor detail.
Old 4th September 2011, 14:03   #3149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

From the pictures provided, barring few things the car is clean. In 2009 a Black car (super select) near original was for sale @ 110 grand (negotiated) from South. Pictures were posted on our forum itself.
Old 4th September 2011, 22:08   #3150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
another fiat 1100 car for sale in Trivandrum at an UNREALISTIC price[/url]

Well from what I can see, the car is fairly original. Maybe not "fuLLy" () as the seller mentions, but it does have 95% of the bits intact. Better than many similar cars for sale (from Kerala itself) online. The price again is a different issue altogether.

Most Viewed