Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 22:10   #2911
BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Ajay, market rates are not defined by pages of a thread on tbhp.

As for your comment on "remote " corners where "internet access " is not available , BSNL broadband internet is available in the most remote parts of the country , and my dear friend cars were sold before internet came into the scene, i have had people send me links of this thread to justify their asking prices and i just ask them to sell it to some one else. A lot of fellow members post links to various other sites which have cars for sale , and then try to ridicule the seller by making unjustified comments, how many really own any vintage / classic cars, it is very easy to pass judgment on others , but to what intent.

I do not wish to pass a comment , but how many cars / bikes have you bought in the recent past which you think were priced correctly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
You say the cars are available, but where?? maybe in some remote corner where there is no internet access and the owner just wants to free space.By the way you have mentioned that it does not reflect market rates ,agreed, then can you please tell what is '' market rate''
Old 18th March 2011, 00:06   #2912
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post

As for your comment on "remote " corners where "internet access " is not available , BSNL broadband internet is available in the most remote parts of the country , and my dear friend cars were sold before internet came into the scene, i have had people send me links of this thread to justify their asking prices and i just ask them to sell it to some one else. A lot of fellow members post links to various other sites which have cars for sale , and then try to ridicule the seller by making unjustified comments, how many really own any vintage / classic cars, it is very easy to pass judgment on others , but to what intent.

I do not wish to pass a comment , but how many cars / bikes have you bought in the recent past which you think were priced correctly ?
Guys lets take the price and valuation discussion on the different thread that already exists, there's no point going at the drop of a hat.

This ad caught my interests, and i was just ing off.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...lys-Jeep.html/
Old 18th March 2011, 06:45   #2913
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
This ad caught my interests, and i was just ing off.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...lys-Jeep.html/

MY + 100 to you , this is exactly I tried to point out a few posts back .

the whole purpose of the BHP classifieds ( by enthusiasts for enthusiasts ) gets defeated

Anyways it has a Nice shade of paintwork Quite WORIGINAL

Sudarshan
Old 18th March 2011, 09:27   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
They are available. Ask the hoarders.
110% bang on! In the last one year have met at least 3 'hoarders' who have bought junked, scrapped, or even good condition vehicles from unsuspecting owners for a pittance! and been told that the sole purpose was to sell them off outside the city, state or country even! for a huge profit!

Tough luck for the "mango people" who would like to own a classic at a reasonable price!
Old 18th March 2011, 17:09   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
i have had people send me links of this thread to justify their asking prices and i just ask them to sell it to some one else. A lot of fellow members post links to various other sites which have cars for sale , and then try to ridicule the seller by making unjustified comments, how many really own any vintage / classic cars, it is very easy to pass judgment on others , but to what intent.

Sircar saheb,I have already said that I agree to that and hence request you to tell what are the ''market rates''

As for your comment on "remote " corners where "internet access " is not available , The network may be available, but even in a developed state like Kerala there are still places where there is no electricity ,leave alone internet cafe .You may be surprised to know 2 big collectors in Kerala dont even use computers . we all know cars were sold before net and computers came into existence

Now this is very funny and contradictory.On one hand you were saying middlemen and owners are asking unreasonable prices and when others criticise the same, you are questioning their intent.
I am not a seller or buyer of cars but just a hobbyist and whenever I come across a classic /vintage car which is available for sale I pass on the information to genuine enthusiasts and also the forum.Regarding bikes, I have no interest at all

Last edited by ajay99 : 18th March 2011 at 17:11.
Old 18th March 2011, 18:28   #2916
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod:

1. We have a separate thread on Vintage car prices; please discuss all prices & evaluations on that thread only. This thread is STRICTLY for "Classics available for purchase". Any further price posts on this thread will be deleted as off-topic.

2. There is no need to get hot under the collar. Please keep the discussion informative and mutually respectful.
Old 18th March 2011, 20:34   #2917
BHPian

Ajay I am not Indrojit Sircar , pls check the user id.

Quote:
Sircar saheb,I have already said that I agree to that and hence request you to tell what are the ''market rates''

As for your comment on "remote " corners where "internet access " is not available , The network may be available, but even in a developed state like Kerala there are still places where there is no electricity ,leave alone internet cafe .You may be surprised to know 2 big collectors in Kerala dont even use computers . we all know cars were sold before net and computers came into existence

Now this is very funny and contradictory.On one hand you were saying middlemen and owners are asking unreasonable prices and when others criticise the same, you are questioning their intent.
I am not a seller or buyer of cars but just a hobbyist and whenever I come across a classic /vintage car which is available for sale I pass on the information to genuine enthusiasts and also the forum.Regarding bikes, I have no interest at all
Old 18th March 2011, 21:59   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like Shri. Ajay Ji is having illusions and thinks that one person has more than one user ids. Just to clarify, These are not things that i do. There are other people who get banned on the forum and then register them self's again and then get the other id banned also. Right Classico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Note from Mod:

1. We have a separate thread on Vintage car prices; please discuss all prices & evaluations on that thread only. This thread is STRICTLY for "Classics available for purchase". Any further price posts on this thread will be deleted as off-topic.

2. There is no need to get hot under the collar. Please keep the discussion informative and mutually respectful.

Please tell Mr. Ajay99 not to use my name baseless statements.! He needs to also learn to respect others and not keep provoking people till they loose their wits with him. And then the mods pose infractions on whoever gets provoked. He also needs to learn to keep sending people Pm's continuing conversations their. This is not accepted at all.

WBD 8779 is Mr.Salman Salim. He happens to be a good friend of mine. If you want to verify his identity, you can contact Vintageman(Mr. Chauhan), Perak(Ashutosh Chauhan) Samsung12(Sagar) & ajaybiz Who also know him well.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 18th March 2011 at 22:22.
Old 21st March 2011, 21:52   #2919

@ Manish Thanks for letting people know about us .

Rohan (Vintage Auto World)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Found this Guy Selling a BSA in OLX.in.

Vintage and Classic automobiles for sale. 1952 BSA 2B31. 350cc, OHV, single cylinder - Delhi - Everything Else - customized enfield

Further He has given link to his album on flickr. he seems have many many bikes and cars up for sale and he also sells parts too.

Flickr: Vintage Auto World (Rohan Nino Puri)'s Photostream
Old 30th March 2011, 19:57   #2920
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Benz 200D 1969
Mercedes Benz 200D 1969 VINTAGE car for sale - Pune - Cars - ahmednagar,maharashtra
Mercedes Benz 200D 1969 make in original condition vintage collection vehicle for sale with all documents clear & in running condition with OM 616 diesel engine.
Classic Cars available for purchase-t_1300179593_177476849_7.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-1300179593_177476849_8mercedesbenz200d1969vintagecarforsale.jpg

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 30th March 2011 at 20:02.
Old 30th March 2011, 20:24   #2921
BHPian

Sonu saab,
This has already been posted here.
Do check a few previous thread pages before posting.
Old 30th March 2011, 22:54   #2922
Senior - BHPian

@ KP: Yes Boss, your wish my command
Old 30th March 2011, 23:36   #2923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Mercedes Benz 200D 1969
Mercedes Benz 200D 1969 VINTAGE car for sale - Pune - Cars - ahmednagar,maharashtra
Mercedes Benz 200D 1969 make in original condition vintage collection vehicle for sale with all documents clear & in running condition with OM 616 diesel engine. Raab Rakha.
Is this a 1969? Now, if I were to seek a classic Mercedes, this would be a candidate as it is RHD. And then I would try to find the correct engine. And then I would have a wonderful car.
Why does, aparently, no one have this foresight?

Cheers harit

P.S. The seller, whoever he is, is unknown to me and not a relative in any way whatsoever.
Old 31st March 2011, 00:14   #2924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I would try to find the correct engine. And then I would have a wonderful car.
Why does, aparently, no one have this foresight?
What are the chances of finding an engine for this car? Also the rims look incorrect. Am i right? were'nt you restoring a similar car?
Old 31st March 2011, 01:24   #2925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
What are the chances of finding an engine for this car? Also the rims look incorrect. Am i right? were'nt you restoring a similar car?
My car is a very special car being done up. I just got the engine and gearbox mounts.
With preservence you will definitley find an engine. Be careful though, the carbs can be expensive.

Cheers harit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks