Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 21:30   #2836
BHPian

Re: VW- Beetle For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
asking price is Rs650000/-
Wow it really surpises me on why the prices of Beetle have skyrocketed the way they have. Not too long back and i really mean not too long back ~2-3 years - decent conditioned bugs were offered to me for less than 70k - 80K and i remember having refused atleast 3 of them. Had I even stored couple of them I would have atleast tripled my investments but prefered to invest in stocks and lost most of it !! Well all i can say that i need not worry too much post my retirement now

Last edited by Samurai : 15th February 2011 at 23:17. Reason: limit to 2 smilies
Old 15th February 2011, 22:58   #2837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Wow it really surpises me on why the prices of Beetle have skyrocketed the way they have. Not too long back and i really mean not too long back ~2-3 years - decent conditioned bugs were offered to me for less than 70k - 80K and i remember having refused atleast 3 of them. Had I even stored couple of them I would have atleast tripled my investments but prefered to invest in stocks and lost most of it !! Well all i can say that i need not worry too much post my retirement now
If you were ever to sell your bug sir, what kind of price would you command? Do think about it. I'm sure with the hype nowadays, everyone having one will think the same as you. and hence the skyrocketing prices.
Just last year in mumbai, when i started looking out for a bug, i was offered decent conditioned bugs for less than 3.5k. That was a bit too much for me then!
Anyways, thanks to Tbhp and certain individuals who have hyped it up, this is the scenario, and will only get worse.
Old 15th February 2011, 23:19   #2838
Senior - BHPian

re: Classic Cars available for purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Just last year in mumbai, when i started looking out for a bug, i was offered decent conditioned bugs for less than 3.5k. That was a bit too much for me then!
3.5k or 3.5lacs? If it was 3.5k i would have shut my eyes and bought it no matter what condition.
Old 15th February 2011, 23:19   #2839
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
3.5k or 3.5lacs? If it was 3.5k i would have shut my eyes and bought it no matter what condition.
Indro, 3.50 L is what Keving meant, that "k" might be a Typo error.

Quote:
Anyways, thanks to Tbhp and certain individuals who have hyped it up, this is the scenario, and will only get worse.

Kevin, dont Blame T-BHP, its only a wider platform.

I have seen Beetles sell at higher prices from a long time.

I bought my Beetle at 75K in a junk condition during 1999. I dont think T-BHP was ever there that time.

I saw 25 Beetles in average / Good and Great condition those days. With owners or with Dealers. All were in the range of 1.50 lacs to 2.50 lacs.

11 years down the line, the prices will by default go up, this is a normal scenario. A simple place like Goa sells average Beetles at 3.50 lacs nowadays.

What has T-BHP got to do with increasing prices.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 15th February 2011 at 23:21.
Old 15th February 2011, 23:32   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
oops! my bad! 3.5 lacs is what i meant! for 3.5k i too would have taken a dozen!
Old 16th February 2011, 12:03   #2841
BHPian

Vintage 1951 Standard Super 10 for Sale - Mumbai: Cars in Mumbai at Quikr Mumbai
Old 16th February 2011, 12:15   #2842
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly the cannot be 1951, probably 1960/61. Secondly it is not a Super 10, it is a Pennant Companion stationwagon. Thirdly it is not 1300cc, but 948cc. Condition seems fair at best. Missing front grille.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:26   #2843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been a member of TeamBHP for more than 3 years now and have been discussing beetles from those days.I am surprised to hear that you have been offered decent beetles for less than a lakh in that period!! Almost unbelievable !! if my info is correct even as early as 2005 no running beetle was available for less than a lakh of rupees.Either your count of the years are mistaken or you were handed those beetles in a platter by the owners who did not have an idea of the prices
Old 16th February 2011, 14:40   #2844
BANNED

Quote:
Either your count of the years are mistaken or you were handed those beetles in a platter by the owners who did not have an idea of the prices
I know a splitscreen sold for 1 lakh in 2008.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:50   #2845
BHPian

Quote:
I have been a member of TeamBHP for more than 3 years now and have been discussing beetles from those days.I am surprised to hear that you have been offered decent beetles for less than a lakh in that period!! Almost unbelievable !! if my info is correct even as early as 2005 no running beetle was available for less than a lakh of rupees.Either your count of the years are mistaken or you were handed those beetles in a platter by the owners who did not have an idea of the prices
Well don't know what the case was but this is a reality and you have to trust me on this, because I have owned mine for nearly 13 years now !! Just as an example, I took one of our fellow T-Bhpian to see a bug exactly 9 months back - 1961 - Bombay registered expected price was 2 lacs and finally sold for 1.15 lacs. 15 months back a person who owns about 7 bugs in Bombay picked up one from Bombay for, believe it or not 35K. Few cosmetic changes here and there and the bug is now in a running condition. 27 months back a convertible bug was sold in Bombay for 1.45 lacs. Exactly 30 months back a Super beetle in immaculate condition owned by a parsee gentleman was sold for 1.85 lacs. Not long back helped another fellow T-Bhpian get one for about 2 lacs again an early 60's running conditioned bug. My fear is it is only in Bangalore where folks are paying insane prices for bugs or demanding ridiculous prices for their bugs. Classic case was the superbeetle sold for 1.3 Mn. Another super beetle about 4 months back was for sale for 1 Mn. Prices else where have always been pretty much under control. There were couple of bay windows which were picked up very recently in Bombay - one for less than 40k which is now being painted and another one, a completely restorable 1969 Bus for believe it or not 20K. There was a convertible Super bug, sold in Bombay about 7 months back for under 5 lacs. I can go on and on...as i do have a huge repository of bugs sold in and around Bombay. Maybe the case seems to be completely different elsewhere.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:53   #2846
BHPian

Quote:
If you were ever to sell your bug sir, what kind of price would you command? Do think about it. I'm sure with the hype nowadays, everyone having one will think the same as you. and hence the skyrocketing prices.
Quote:
sorry to say but i agree a 100% with what kevin has stated in his mail. hype generated on Team-bhp has led to prices of a lot of motors shooting through the roof. the M&M jeeps are one such example too, i have also used the forum to sell my bikes for more than they were actually worth in the open market. take a look at the SUV section of the classifieds and you'll get an idea of what im saying.
cheers
Old 16th February 2011, 14:54   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I know a splitscreen sold for 1 lakh in 2008.
And i exactly know who the owner was, who finally bought it and where it is right now
Old 16th February 2011, 14:56   #2848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My fear is it is only in Bangalore where folks are paying insane prices for bugs or demanding ridiculous prices for their bugs.
+1.

Dont know why but there is an increase in demand for bugs in Bangalore.

One of my acquaintance told me that someone from Bangalore picked up a 71 bug for a insane price in Goa.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 16th February 2011 at 15:01.
Old 16th February 2011, 15:02   #2849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
+1.

Dont know why but there is a increase in demand for bugs in Bangalore.

One of my acquaintance told me that someone from Bangalore picked up a 71 bug for a insane price in Goa.
Bingo. Hey bangalorians is it case of surplus funds not knowing where to invest ?? Hey silverwood since you are from Hyd let me also tell you that very recently a Yellow coloured Super bug - mostly a 73 model was sold from a tier 3 city in Maharashtra to Hyd - guess for how much ?? Under 3 lacs. I was late by an hour and the deal was done
Old 16th February 2011, 15:39   #2850
BANNED

Quote:
Bingo. Hey bangalorians is it case of surplus funds not knowing where to invest ??
In Bangalore, a M800 (first gen) owner was throwing around prices in the range of 3-4 lakhs. Forget Beetles. And the attitude that went along with it was worth a few crores at a minimum.

To enthusiasts looking for Classics, Bangalore and Goa is not the place. The last I heard bangaloreans have carried over the greed to the Goans.

PS: A chop job Beetle was bought for rs 5k in Goa not a long time back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks