Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 20:35   #2701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Ajay99 thanks,your point is well taken. Thats truly the realistic price as you say.But when we go to buy, we see all sorts of higher end price tags and adamant sellers.Some become emotional and say they would never sell the car if the price offered is below Rs X and so on. Many buyers are gullible and end up buying such Fiats at much above Rs 1 lakh too.Many old classic and vintage car deals are done at unrealistic prices.But must also say that a majority of us are quite wary and get good realistic prices and even bargains.
A buyer must always be patient, look for many cars over a large period of time and then select to strike a reasonable deal.The price range must be researched well and discussed with car lovers who know much about the values.

Anjan sir,
if only the nouveau enthusiasts and the noveau classic car buyers
followed what you have said above, then the trend of asking absurd prices of mass produced ""classics"" would settle in the reasonable affordable range
Old 27th November 2010, 07:12   #2702
Senior - BHPian

I beg to disagree to the above posts. Sanjeevkanjoor could have lost an opportunity. I am not quite clear, apparently he saw the car, but now is not sending his cousin to see it. I would have thought that he saw it, liked it, and cousin would negotiate/buy it. If that is correct, then I cannot understand why atleast the cousin does not go to negotiate for it? Now you have an idea about the price, show the fellow a printout of the conversations, and make an attempt. If unsuccessful, well you tried. But if you later were to hear that the car sold for a "realistic" price, you would feel the missed opportunity. Obviously someone would have approached the seller, and the seller became reasonable, since you did not approach then you just could not have got that reasonable sale. But if the seller is patient, he too could end up with an "unrealistic" price.
Happy hunting.

Cheers harit
Old 27th November 2010, 10:11   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I beg to disagree to the above posts. Sanjeevkanjoor could have lost an opportunity. I am not quite clear, apparently he saw the car, but now is not sending his cousin to see it. I would have thought that he saw it, liked it, and cousin would negotiate/buy it. If that is correct, then I cannot understand why atleast the cousin does not go to negotiate for it? Now you have an idea about the price, show the fellow a printout of the conversations, and make an attempt. If unsuccessful, well you tried. But if you later were to hear that the car sold for a "realistic" price, you would feel the missed opportunity. Obviously someone would have approached the seller, and the seller became reasonable, since you did not approach then you just could not have got that reasonable sale. But if the seller is patient, he too could end up with an "unrealistic" price.
Happy hunting.

Cheers harit
Harith sir,
I agree with you that if sanjeev liked the car he should have tried to convince the seller for a realistic price.But I cannot agree to the last sentence, very unlikely that he is gooing to get an ""unrealistic"" price for a 1958 junk condition fiat
Old 27th November 2010, 18:39   #2704
BHPian

Hi,
Thanks to everybody for the concern and support. But i'm seeing things are getting heated up!. So i would like to clarify why i didn't attempt to even see the car. First of all, being tired of seeing and bargaining in the past for many cars, my motto is to see it if and only it's worth it. Secondly, i have a bad habit of buying the thing if i like it and if i do so in this case maybe i will repent for it later if i see some other car for a less price. So if i had got a positive response in the price from fellow BHP-ians or fiat Gurus, i could have atleast pacified myself thinking that i had bought it after i received a consent from experienced persons for the price.

Luckily, a fellow BHP- ian had informed me about a 1960 model for a little more than the realistic price as Ajay had mentioned and we are going to see the car tomorrow.I will post the pictures of the car for the fiat experts and fellow BHP -ians scrutiny and advice regarding the originality as soon as i get the pictures.
Old 29th November 2010, 16:18   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Austin 1935

1935 AUSTIN CAR FOR SALE - Chennai - Cars#
MODEL:1935, NAME: AUSTIN, TNN 4294, THIS IS AN VINTAGE CAR, VERY GOOD RUNNING CONDITION, ALL PAPER'S ARE CLEAR AND UP TO DATE, TAX PAID, INSURANCE UP TO DATE. NICE CAR AND IT WAS APPEARED IN MANY MOVIES (Detailed list of movies removed/see ad)
D.R.GANESH AUTO GARAGE,
NO:234, SOB SALAI,
13TH SECTOR, SIVALINGAPURAM,
K.K.NAGAR, CH-600 078.
UNQUOTE
Asking price 6L
Classic Cars available for purchase-1290931671_142222468_1picturesof1935austincarforsale1290931671.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-1290931671_142222468_21935austincarforsalechennai1290931671.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-1290931671_142222468_31935austincarforsalecars1290931671.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-1290931671_142222468_41935austincarforsalevehicles1290931671.jpg

Tener Ciudado.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:21   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Well is one add for all the bobby lovers, a collectors item.

collectors item rajdoot gts for sale - Delhi - Motorcycles - Scooters

The asking price of 750,000 makes us wonder the escalation or appreciation from the original price of 3 - 4 k when introduced.

Classic Cars available for purchase-bobby.jpg
Old 29th November 2010, 19:00   #2707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

The asking price of 750,000 makes us wonder the escalation or appreciation from the original price of 3 - 4 k when introduced.

Attachment 460989
There is a trend these days to quote astronomical price for anything and everything.

Sorry for the but what utimately happens is that real enthusiasts will stay away from restoration and maintenance of vintage beauties because of such unrealistic prices. If the high prices were reality, then not sure why so many cars like land masters, fiats, old imports, RD350's etc end up at the gujri
Old 29th November 2010, 19:01   #2708
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 460989
I hope and pray that one zero is a typo error, at least !!!!

Last edited by glomus123 : 29th November 2010 at 19:13.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:21   #2709
Senior - BHPian

I had seen a middle aged man riding a BOBBY at Jamshedpur last month but it was so late in night & due to the naxal disturbance, the man would have panicked if had asked him for a photo shoot at that hour. In fact next day, on my way to Ranchi, I saw few more & I mean few more & not couple of them. I think realistic price should not be more than 20k-25k from these towns.
Old 29th November 2010, 20:24   #2710
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I sold mine , a first owner 78 model for 13k a week back
Old 29th November 2010, 20:56   #2711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post
I sold mine , a first owner 78 model for 13k a week back
Can I break your bones for doing that?
MODS am I permitted to be violent?

Just kidding bro. Is it within TBHP family or gone for good..

Tener Ciudado.
Old 29th November 2010, 21:42   #2712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
There is a trend these days to quote astronomical price for anything and everything.

Sorry for the but what utimately happens is that real enthusiasts will stay away from restoration and maintenance of vintage beauties because of such unrealistic prices. If the high prices were reality, then not sure why so many cars like land masters, fiats, old imports, RD350's etc end up at the gujri
almost all vehicles that come to the junk yard are without valid documents.in some cases ,owners are ignorant about the vintage value of these.however,scrap guys will not sell much below this "high price".
Old 29th November 2010, 21:56   #2713
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Can I break your bones for doing that?
MODS am I permitted to be violent?

Just kidding bro. Is it within TBHP family or gone for good..

Tener Ciudado.
Very much gone in the Tbhp family ! i have another one now
Old 29th November 2010, 22:06   #2714
Senior - BHPian

@wbd8779: Great bro. How about some pics of "another one" pleaseeeee..
BoBBY looks cho chweet in person & thanks to TBHP that I noticed her for the first time in my last visit to Jsr. Wish I could get one for myself. Do keep me in mind whenever you plan to sell the present one.

Tener Ciudado.
Old 29th November 2010, 22:22   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hard to imagine this little thing was by and large unseen and unknown (atleast to many of our gen.) until less than a decade ago!
The first time I actually heard of a 'Bobby' was from a friend who was then at Bangalore 5 years ago! They were still available relatively cheap back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
If the high prices were reality, then not sure why so many cars like land masters, fiats, old imports, RD350's etc end up at the gujri
Not to mention Heralds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomus123 View Post
I hope and pray that one zero is a typo error, at least !!!!
That's what I too assumed at first, had to read the figure a second time! Anyways, we can guess how soon its going to sell at this rate!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks