Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 18:31   #2431
Team-BHP Support

They screwed the Wolseley up with the interior - the rich leather has been ripped out
Old 19th July 2010, 18:40   #2432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
The quest continues..
Asking price 1.20L

KARL:- Your opinion required here.

Vintage Italian Fiat Car 1957 [Centerlight] model excellent condition - Udaipur - Cars
The car is about average - nothing great, but in these scrace times we cant find much better. Bodyline will need some work but I would just use it as is for a while till we get all the requried parts, money and people for the restoration. I would pay maybe 60/70k? Expensive, but what to do.
Old 19th July 2010, 18:55   #2433
BHPian

Karl bhai compared to the white one isnt the car pointed out by ariesonu better as its only 60k
Old 19th July 2010, 19:23   #2434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Here is an all-original '57 elegant with the later type rims. At first I too thought they were later rims/hubcaps but Karl had confirmed that it came with these as OE:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/89356.jpg

Also note they were painted in CREAM (so were those of the '54-55 millecento as in your pic.) and not silver (moonstone), which came on the 1100 select onwards.
Thanks Stanher for the information.Means those kind of wheels were in vogue even in the Dukkar days.Some of the earliest Millicentos (badged Millicentos and not 1100) in India too had the cream painted wheel rims.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:09   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Elegents came with both type of wheels (the early type of millicento's and the later type of Selects).

Elegents with the later type of wheels were all cream colored originally, selects came with silver color. the early ones were 2 tones as seen in the sales catalogues. Learnt all this from our forum :O}

Last edited by manishalive : 20th July 2010 at 12:11.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:24   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Elegents came with both type of wheels (the early type of millicento's and the later type of Selects).

Elegents with the later type of wheels were all cream colored originally, selects came with silver color. the early ones were 2 tones as seen in the sales catalogues. Learnt all this from our forum :O}
Manish one slight correction they were never two tone, always completely cream, they were only two tone in Italy.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:51   #2437
BANNED

The Final Decision

Hello all, here making an anouncement, with a heavy heart.
I have decided to part with my 1955 model Land Master.
Reasons: have a Problem with Parking space & other priorities also.
It is becoming hard for me to give justice to the car & looking for someone who will do that .
I will be trying selling her here only for a while & then go for the classifieds. The intention is clear, I dont want to sell her to an Agent. I want someone with Right Attitude & Passion.
This car has a Very sound body. though originallity is Marginal. It has An ohv engine, a floorshift & is mechanically very sound. Also has 4 new tyres (three of them completly Brand New) & Battery is ok. Interior is good,with tinted glasses. Though a coat of paint is needed
The paperwork is perfect, One time Tax paid & RRC valid till Oct. 2013.
Also she has a bit of history, according to the last owner she was gifted to State Of Bombay by the HM & was in vip fleet hence the No. BML 9999
I expect 80 K
This may sound steep but the car is fully worth that money, as mostly the cosmatical part needs taking care.
Anyone Interested will have to PM me as I have decided to give Priority to BHP members First , as a token of my respect to you all
Yours Sudarshan

Last edited by Sudarshan : 20th July 2010 at 12:53.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:36   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post

The Owner of the Fiat has changed his mind.
He does not want to sell it any more.
It looked pretty orignal
Old 20th July 2010, 14:43   #2439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
The Owner of the Fiat has changed his mind.
He does not want to sell it any more.
It looked pretty orignal
I think I have seen this car, she is being done up next to my tinkers garage, the mechanic will usually come to check my cars progress and get some hints. The car is a mix bag of parts.
Old 20th July 2010, 22:09   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Another Elegant on the block..

Just saw this 1957 Fiat Elegant for sale. She has the rare "small headlights". One headlight is removed because the rim is missing.
The owner is asking for 50K or near offer.
The car is Mumbai registered. Fitness / Taxes / Insurance clear.
She cranked at "half-self". The engine had a very nice and healthy sound, though I feel the muffler needs a patch-up job.
The downside is, that there is a fair amount of rust on the car, and this is a project with a good bodywork expense, not for the faint hearted. In fact, one end of the boot can't shut as the hinge area has given way. Interiors too are not original- except the steering wheel and some bits on the dashboard. The car has been run / maintained lovingly by the owner who runs a garage himself, but seems to have been neglected a bit lately..
PM me for contact details.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-1.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-2.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-3.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-4.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-5.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-6.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-7.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-chetan-8.jpg  

Old 20th July 2010, 22:25   #2441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Just saw this 1957 Fiat Elegant for sale. She has the rare "small headlights". One headlight is removed because the rim is missing.
The car is Mumbai registered. Fitness / Taxes / Insurance clear.
She cranked at "half-self". The engine had a very nice and healthy sound, though I feel the muffler needs a patch-up job.
Ravi its tough to believe that still a 1957 Fiat is available for Rs 50K today.Whatever be the restoration level, the price is quite reasonable and shows that the owner is not wanting to profit.Believe its a steal but needs lot of TLC and the moolah to be brought to the original condition.The registration MAS should be from 1983 or so.The car was brought in to Maharashtra and re-registered here in Mumbai.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 20th July 2010 at 22:26.
Old 20th July 2010, 22:55   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ravi, is this by chance the same car that attended one of your FCCCI rallies, you were once asking for a headlamp ring for this car, saying that the owner was intending to convert to the larger headlights if he didnt find one?

Car may need quite a lot of bits to bring it back to originality, but definitely not an impossible task. Arent you gunning for it btw?
Old 20th July 2010, 22:58   #2443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Ravi, is this by chance the same car that attended one of your FCCCI rallies, you were once asking for a headlamp ring for this car,
. Arent you gunning for it btw?
Yep, this is the same car ! The owner has very reluctantly decided to part with it.
No baba. The amount of bodywork required is seriously a lot, and I don't think I'll have the bandwidth to go through this one.

Last edited by SuperSelect : 20th July 2010 at 23:00.
Old 21st July 2010, 11:21   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, this is the same car ! The owner has very reluctantly decided to part with it.
No baba. The amount of bodywork required is seriously a lot, and I don't think I'll have the bandwidth to go through this one.
Folks: What would roughly be the cost to bring this car back to its glory?
Old 21st July 2010, 13:01   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Folks: What would roughly be the cost to bring this car back to its glory?
in my view, to bring it to concourse condition will require about 75000 to 100000INR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks