Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 23:55   #2296
BHPian

The vw type 2 bus in the folloing post is for sale

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1729600-post2822.html

Ive seen this car standing at another location , for the first two years of the five years i have been seing this car. It did have the front and rear windscreen back then and also proper tyres.its condition was almost as bad as its now even then and it really wasnt used for transporting anything either. After it was shifted to its present location (under its own power) , it was vandalised and also a tree fell on it. I went with a friend to talk to the owner recently, he said it was for sale, the papers are there and its a delhi number. The asking price was 2.25 lakhs since in his opinion a fully restored example goes for about 16 lakhs. I doubt that he doesn't know the real value since it has been on sale for a while(maybe more than the 5 years for which i have known about it). Also the owner an old man seemed pretty nice , its his son who thinks he has a gold mine on his hands.

I will be meeting him this weekend and i estimate this vehicles value to be 50k and i plan to offer him no more than that. Any opinion or advice on this matter is welcome.

addendum:Ohh and the owners sister has an imported all documents clear citroen which has a hydraulic syspension which changes its rideheight , that too is available for sale. The jetta in the post is also his and so is the mentioned standard 2000. I assume they are all for sale, going by the condition.

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 17th June 2010 at 00:01.
Old 17th June 2010, 00:05   #2297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
addendum:Ohh and the owners sister has an imported all documents clear citroen which has a hydraulic syspension which changes its rideheight , that too is available for sale. The jetta in the post is also his and so is the mentioned standard 2000. I assume they are all for sale, going by the condition.
Hi,
Would it be possible to get some details / prices / pictures of the Citroen AND the Standard 2000 ?
Old 17th June 2010, 00:48   #2298
BHPian

the pics of the standard are in the post next to the linked post. Its pretty original and seems to be in good condition(but aparently is not used either) the citroen i havent seen. the guy invited us to go and check it out but since i wasnt interested in anything but the vw so i declined. But ill try and get some info.
Old 17th June 2010, 01:00   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
and the owners sister has an imported all documents clear citroen which has a hydraulic syspension which changes its rideheight , that too is available for sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi,
Would it be possible to get some details / prices / pictures of the Citroen...?
Quote:
the citroen i havent seen. But ill try and get some info.
Through the dense cobwebs surrounding my memory, I think you are talking of the Citroen CX 2500D Pallas with this guy (do a google search, all ye netizens!!). Lovely ride as long as the hydropneumatic suspension holds - and I think this one gave up the ghost a long, long time ago. Nonetheless, a great car to have for bravehearts!

Last edited by Prabal : 17th June 2010 at 01:17. Reason: whimsical me!
Old 17th June 2010, 01:06   #2300
BHPian

Well the way he was talking , it probably was the selling point of the car, if it didnt work , i doubt he would claim it to be THE feature that makes the car special.
Old 17th June 2010, 01:13   #2301
BANNED

Any clues on the demand price for the jetta..Please can you pm me the details of the owner, the jetta seems to interest me,

cheers!
RD
Old 17th June 2010, 01:22   #2302
BHPian

Well i dont evn know if the jetta is for sale , though i doubt in its present condition he could have any use for it. I asked about te vw and he also offeredme the citroen, but ill ask about the standard and the jetta. But since you know how much he ants for the vw bus and how long its been standing there(could mean he has been adament on a crazy price) you might as well be prepared for some crazy askin prices
Old 17th June 2010, 01:28   #2303
BANNED

yeah i agree..but no harm in hearing him out.. wud appreciate if you could talk to him for the jetta and lemme know,
Cheers!
RD
Old 17th June 2010, 01:43   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
if it didnt work , i doubt he would claim it to be THE feature that makes the car special.
Let us know once your doubt is established. I'll be very happy if the self-levelling hydropneumatic system is working now. These machines are vestiges of fond times - at home and overseas. I also drove one for a while as a student. Thanks for reminding me of this one again - she rests just a few kms from my house in Delhi (after she came there from a more central part of town), and I'd kinda forgotten about her.
Old 17th June 2010, 09:56   #2305
BHPian

Saw this in autoX – new car reviews and second hand car listings, all in one unique magazine
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-img_0199.jpg  

Old 17th June 2010, 10:58   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Wow, 20L! No further comments on the price.
In 1977, there was one car lying like this in a building having an entrance on Nepean Sea Road and a bck gate to Nepean Road. This car was sold to Chor Bazar for a princely sum of Rs 10,000. It used to be a running car, subsequently left lying for many years and it deteriorated. The guys from Chor Bazar came, took away the front and rear screen, and abandoned the car. The owner had to chase then to clear her up. Now just look to what hights we have reached.

Cheers harit
Old 17th June 2010, 11:08   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The vw type 2 bus in the folloing post is for sale

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1729600-post2822.html

Ive seen this car standing at another location , for the first two years of the five years i have been seing this car. It did have the front and rear windscreen back then and also proper tyres.its condition was almost as bad as its now even then and it really wasnt used for transporting anything either. After it was shifted to its present location (under its own power) , it was vandalised and also a tree fell on it. I went with a friend to talk to the owner recently, he said it was for sale, the papers are there and its a delhi number. The asking price was 2.25 lakhs since in his opinion a fully restored example goes for about 16 lakhs. I doubt that he doesn't know the real value since it has been on sale for a while(maybe more than the 5 years for which i have known about it). Also the owner an old man seemed pretty nice , its his son who thinks he has a gold mine on his hands.

I will be meeting him this weekend and i estimate this vehicles value to be 50k and i plan to offer him no more than that. Any opinion or advice on this matter is welcome.

These cars have been shown by a dealer in delhi who quoteing a price that is really very high in the true sense. Anyway good luck and i'll try and post more pics of these car soon.
Old 17th June 2010, 11:45   #2308
Senior - BHPian

Landmaster for sale in Hyderabad

A landmaster is for sale in Old city (begum bazaar), the owner is quoting 33k.Not the regular landmaster, its like a station wagon.Fitted with a deisel matador engine, has original speedos and all that stuff.Very much restorable i must say.

Any landy lovers, pm me.Will give you the exact address.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:19   #2309
BHPian

WOW !!!

its been a while since someone quoted a price in "k"s instead of "L"s on this thread

i have observed this, once you go to a seller as a car enthusiast, the price suddenly goes up

i am currently looking at a herald, yet to confirm the year of make
i am negotiating through a kabadiwala and am hopeful of getting it around 20-30k
will post pics and details soon enough
Old 17th June 2010, 15:24   #2310
BHPian

1957 landmaster for sale here ; 40k
1957 HINDUSTAN LAND MASTER FOR SALE Rs 40000 ONLY Vehicles in India @ Adpost.com Classifieds > India > 1957 HINDUSTAN LAND MASTER FOR SALE Rs 40000 ONLY Vehicles in India,free,indian,classified ad,classified ads,secondhand,second hand

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2010 at 16:12. Reason: Attached BMP file removed as it didnt seem to be working.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks