Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 16:50   #2011
BHPian

Hi All

There is a 1937 Morris 8 Convertible for sale, anyone interested can contact 9028476252
Old 17th February 2010, 20:37   #2012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82rawath View Post
Hi All

There is a 1937 Morris 8 Convertible for sale, anyone interested can contact 9028476252
the asking price is really reasonable , a cool 11 lakhs

Note From Mod: Ajay99, you have been requested several times in the past to avoid criticizing asking prices in this thread. We have a a separate thread for the discussion of valuation, and we have requested you to take the discussion there in the past. LINK

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th February 2010 at 18:26. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
ajay99 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th February 2010, 11:36   #2013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Hey Guys ..

There's a Morris Minor for sale in pune... it is originally from Tamilnadu but now transferred by owner to pune.. Up for grabs @ 2 LKHS..
Little Rust evident on doors... good running condition..

Please PM me if you are interested..
Photos

Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn5341.1.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn5345.1.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn5342.1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn5343.1.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn5344.1.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn5346.1.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Shreeram : 18th February 2010 at 11:45. Reason: error
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:53   #2014
BHPian

Ajay 99,

If you know the rate of the car then probably you should have also read that i do not have any interest in dealing of the car (i hope you understand what i meant) it was just an advert on behalf of my friend.

You cannot expect chicken to a cost of a diamond and a diamond for a cost of a chicken

The price factor (sorry mods) is purely at the sellers and buyers discretion
Old 24th February 2010, 11:00   #2015
BANNED

1942 V170 & Mini

DISCLAIMER: Got these from a friend. I have no contact with the owner nor do I know anything about the cars. Since I am no longer on the Vintage Scene, I have no interest.

Classic Cars available for purchase-m1.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-m2.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-m3.jpg

As per the email, both cars are totally restored with all original fittings.

Last edited by Spitfire : 24th February 2010 at 11:04.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:10   #2016
Senior - BHPian

Machdar/Joy (W140 in backdrop) are you guys seeing this? I suppose the guy is from western suburbs goregaon/malad etc mini was pictured here earlier. Worth a look but V170 head lights seem TATA truck lights and front right camber/caster not right. Mini headlight chrome rims look like an amby part I may be wrong but just the way they look. The cars do look intact and worth a look
Old 24th February 2010, 21:18   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Machdar/Joy (W140 in backdrop) are you guys seeing this? I suppose the guy is from western suburbs goregaon/malad etc mini was pictured here earlier. Worth a look but V170 head lights seem TATA truck lights and front right camber/caster not right. Mini headlight chrome rims look like an amby part I may be wrong but just the way they look. The cars do look intact and worth a look

Nikhil! Hats off to you.You really do have a hawks eye. Do you know this W140? Is it on offer too??
Old 24th February 2010, 22:49   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Cannonball How much to mercs like BMU 2428 go for? That number is familiar.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 24th February 2010 at 22:52.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:31   #2019
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRBUSDriver View Post
Nikhil! Hats off to you.You really do have a hawks eye. Do you know this W140? Is it on offer too??

@ Shriram: That Morris is nice, but where is this workshop? I can see a VW T2 peeping out of this snap.

All said and done. But A Mini is a Mini and is a Mini.

Forget the amby lights ( You are bang on target Nikhil) But its still a Mini.

The Merc is tooooo battered up. Different rims, made up grille and front bumpers. But is still worth all the penny.

Anyone on its prices????
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn5347.1.jpg  

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th February 2010 at 23:35.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:53   #2020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Cannonball How much to mercs like BMU 2428 go for? That number is familiar.
Yes, I had put up pictures long ago when she was a wreck. Restoration was started by our common friend from Bandra/Khar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
@ Shriram: That Morris is nice, but where is this workshop? I can see a VW T2 peeping out of this snap.

All said and done. But A Mini is a Mini and is a Mini.

Forget the amby lights ( You are bang on target Nikhil) But its still a Mini.

The Merc is tooooo battered up. Different rims, made up grille and front bumpers. But is still worth all the penny.

Anyone on its prices????
The Merc is not really battered. A Bombay car, went to Chennai, and came back to Bombay. About price you may send me a PM
Agree what you say about a Mini! But have no clue about its history and price as yet and will let it be.

Cheers harit
Old 25th February 2010, 10:37   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Mini is at 8 lacs claims taxes are paid in Guj but no FC. I am not sure about the paint quality seems OK, but she has been standing in one place for extended periods after paint so I would not rely on that job for too long. A friend picked up a Mini from guj 3 years ago for 89.99K running but yes needs a lot of work but is intact we figured she would cost some 2 lacs at most to bring her to show spec so you figure the rest.

The merc I did not ask and don't follow this model, but I can tell you I saw this car in 1998/99 she was stripped and who ever completed it has not done a great job she could be better restored and needs a fair amount of sorting out in my book. If you see the dirt under the car shows that she may have been standing there for a while as well therefore not used much a point to consider when buying any car.

Reg price of merc, Duetsch I can find out if you like cheers

Airbusdirver good handle you dirve the new ones as well? If I am not mistaken the guy is either speculator/dealer/investor in cars etc so pretty much everything in that compund and the garages is up for grabs. Good to see a healthy volume of cars in the market place what say guys? You had to dig hard and travle out of Mumbai/ someone even posted as ad for a Mini several times a while ago and now I have seen 5 of them on sale.

Last edited by canonball : 25th February 2010 at 10:50.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:12   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Joy if you talk to him check when he bought the W140 because a flood damaged car (W140) is like smokers cancer death. She may most probably be a prefacelift 320 or 500 the former being more likely. Even the other cars may have been flood affected but one cannot be choosy and lets face it these cars are far far easier to fix than a W140 but one needs to look at them with a microscope
Old 25th February 2010, 14:45   #2023
BHPian

I am no expert on Minis or cars but from what little knowledge i have 800k for a mini is way too expy.. specially in the condition it is in.
It probably will be worth importing a mini which doesn't need that much work doing to it & even then it will not cost 800k.
Mind you i do not know how much are the import taxes these days.

Anyway that's just my 2 pennies worth..

Last edited by allana13 : 25th February 2010 at 14:46.
Old 25th February 2010, 15:08   #2024
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
I am no expert on Minis or cars but from what little knowledge i have 800k for a mini is way too expy.. specially in the condition it is in.
<sarcasm>
Oh oh now you have done it.

How can you value a vintage car? Its the sellers call you have no say.

Only post in here if you have the money.

You my friend have commited the 8th sin. Untold miseries await you.
</sarcasm>

There is a separate thread for valuation.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:22   #2025
BHPian

Hi Canonball,

Yes am watching this the mercs look interesting! Wonder how much they are going for?

What about the 140? I am offered a 280S ..is it any good vs the 320,500,600 ??

I am yet to see it just got a call

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks