Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 15:02   #1996
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSpeed View Post
he has/she has to be practical about these prices they put out
I think you joined in late.

We have a whole thread dedicated to this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...valuation.html

It would be good to have insights from a person who deals with this everyday. I tried to understand and make a start but the overwhelming reasoning pointing to - "you wont get it" made me move on.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:07   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What cars and bike are for sale sir?

No details yet on the link.
We do-not have a list as of now. We have announced the event and we expect to have about 20 cars and about 25 two wheelers. As soon as we have a final list, which will be closer to the event, I shall give the details.
Old 12th February 2010, 15:47   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Thx for the wisdom V16. Best of luck on the sale of your SL.
Not trying to give wisdom, just spelling out the facts as i understand. Also not looking to sell my SL until circumstances mentioned above come into existence.
I had a hard time trying to get a good one in the first place.

Jatti Saab, the last auto jumble was also held last year around the same time. I had the good opportunity of meeting up with you and seeing some good cars on display. Also a lot of auto memorabilia were available for collectors. All the best with this years function.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:47   #1999
Senior - BHPian

What circumstances V16 I did not get you? You mean convince you to sell it?

By the way what I expressed was also facts as I understood them and my experince. eg. I have had just the oppsosite expeirence to yours regarding an SL (larger engine than yours) and mind you she is tiptop (read show room without rust/paint bubbles etc) not flood damaged etc.

Last edited by canonball : 12th February 2010 at 19:04.
Old 12th February 2010, 23:08   #2000
Distinguished - BHPian

This Chevrolet Chevy II Nova LHD auto trans 1966 (AC fitted) model (import) is still available for sale. The car is located at Nagpur and is available in "as is where is condition".All RTO papers are updated with Maharashtra taxes, fitness.The car is not in use since the past 8 years or so.Original in line 6 cylinder Chevrolet petrol engine and auto trans gearbox.
The car is going cheap. Please pm me if interested.
Classic Cars available for purchase-chevy-1.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-chevy-2.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-chevy-3.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-chevy-4.jpg
The car needs lots of restoration work and TLC.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 12th February 2010 at 23:24.
Old 13th February 2010, 18:53   #2001

hi anjan

i am mahen i have see the picture you have post . I thing the body is ok what about the engine & gear box side . what price it will come up
Old 13th February 2010, 20:18   #2002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen View Post
i am mahen i have see the picture you have post . I thing the body is ok what about the engine & gear box side . what price it will come up
These have been last seen working in 2001 since it was last used. They are in repairable condition- need to be done up.
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc04092.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc04099.jpg
Classic Cars available for purchase-dsc04093.jpg
Old 14th February 2010, 04:20   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Landspeed you hit the bulls eye I find a lot of people quoting crazy prices for cars not worth anywhere near their real value, can't comment on the prices being offered like 50K example you stated as I have not intereacted with buyers, but I can imagine and believe what you are saying but in the final candid evaluation I am sure you will agree in current circumstances there are more of the former than latter.

I think even the dealer community is getting pretty crowded and there is want for logical & objective professional guys like you, I mostly meet dealers who are either in denail that they are dealers - A Very Dangerous Lot some even maskerading as collectors on tbhp, then those who think everyone is a sucker and they know it all, and some old foggies who are stuck in 1974 raj a sad lot.

I called a reputed import dealer in khar/bandra to sell a car he quoted half of what he qouted some else looking to buy the same car for sale with a veiw of 100% margin on a 8+ year old car. I think again your 50K example smells like an investors/dealer or vinatge car speculator offer prices.
true , talking for myself i have been through the phase of being duped by most of these dealers giving them advances and not getting them back , being tricked into buying cars with bad engine which work fine till the oil dies out , with cars tht run great for a km till they heat up etc etc etc - now i am way more skeptical about trusting any1 when it comes to buying vehicles till i have a good 1 or 2 hrs trial on these - and i always welcome any1 to call me or msg me would be glad to help or even personally if u want to show me ur vehical or if u need any advice , i might not be the best but some helps better then none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I think you joined in late.

We have a whole thread dedicated to this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...valuation.html

It would be good to have insights from a person who deals with this everyday. I tried to understand and make a start but the overwhelming reasoning pointing to - "you wont get it" made me move on.
Spitfire Yes i joined late i am glad u moved on as i just wont get it
Old 14th February 2010, 13:48   #2004
Senior - BHPian

Spitfire & landspeed we are country known for its blind faith amongst people so what better can one expect here when you have well educated people and some well educated stalwart collectors talking like their left hand does not know who their right hand is - I see mostly double standards as the hand that speaks here is quite the opposite of the way the other hand acts and behaves and does things offline. Anyway happy to see someone else with objectivity I must commend Mr. Jatti as he always refrains from subjective commenting an important trait for being known as a stalwart in my book I am sure he is a very balanced person and does not trying to hype things beyound what the really deserve.

Another vetran we all know but has not bothered to log on to tbhp tells me that all this talk is really a deep seated insercurity amongst some collectors as one side of them (the offline side) regret carrying along/holding certian junks in their collection which their wifes will always agree are that and want the whole world to believe that these cars are the lost treasure of egypt - (when I last visited this existed amongst excavators & guides there as well and anything else available out there is valuable enough to divorce your wife and empty the bank. OFCOURSE there are those who aren genuine car guys and talk reality.

The same guy also told me that too many used car dealers have gone on such a hording spree that half the cars out there as Landspeed mentioned are junks and nothing more. Do you know that a certain dealer with a horde of unsold cars has now moved them outstation to Mahableshwar - obviously the story given to you and me is these are crown jewels which will be worth millions of dollars in decades when really they just don't know what is going to really happen but in today's date are stuck with BAD inventory!!!

Last edited by canonball : 14th February 2010 at 14:08.
Old 14th February 2010, 23:17   #2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
These have been last seen working in 2001 since it was last used. They are in repairable condition- need to be done up.
Attachment 287470
Attachment 287472
Attachment 287471
hai anjan didnt get the price
Old 14th February 2010, 23:20   #2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Attachment 287470
Attachment 287472
Attachment 287471
hai anjan is the vechile belongs to you , didnt say the price
Old 15th February 2010, 18:27   #2007
BHPian

Quote:
Spitfire & landspeed we are country known for its blind faith amongst people so what better can one expect here when you have well educated people and some well educated stalwart collectors talking like their left hand does not know who their right hand is - I see mostly double standards as the hand that speaks here is quite the opposite of the way the other hand acts and behaves and does things offline. Anyway happy to see someone else with objectivity I must commend Mr. Jatti as he always refrains from subjective commenting an important trait for being known as a stalwart in my book I am sure he is a very balanced person and does not trying to hype things beyound what the really deserve.

Another vetran we all know but has not bothered to log on to tbhp tells me that all this talk is really a deep seated insercurity amongst some collectors as one side of them (the offline side) regret carrying along/holding certian junks in their collection which their wifes will always agree are that and want the whole world to believe that these cars are the lost treasure of egypt - (when I last visited this existed amongst excavators & guides there as well and anything else available out there is valuable enough to divorce your wife and empty the bank. OFCOURSE there are those who aren genuine car guys and talk reality.

The same guy also told me that too many used car dealers have gone on such a hording spree that half the cars out there as Landspeed mentioned are junks and nothing more. Do you know that a certain dealer with a horde of unsold cars has now moved them outstation to Mahableshwar - obviously the story given to you and me is these are crown jewels which will be worth millions of dollars in decades when really they just don't know what is going to really happen but in today's date are stuck with BAD inventory!!!
true and well said
Old 15th February 2010, 23:49   #2008

Hi All,

I have seen a LHD Honda Accord 2 seater 1976 model Single owner petrol car for sale in Pune. The engine has not been opened and the car has good pickup, original paint . Experts kindly let me know how much I should offer for this car.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:49   #2009
BHPian

MORRIS MINOR for Sale

Hey Guys ..

There's a Morris Minor for sale in pune... it is originally from Tamilnadu but now transferred by owner to pune.. Up for grabs @ 2 LKHS..
No Rust.. good running condition..

Please PM me if you are interested..
Old 16th February 2010, 14:25   #2010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhasis_999 View Post
Hi All,

I have seen a LHD Honda Accord 2 seater 1976 model Single owner petrol car for sale in Pune. The engine has not been opened and the car has good pickup, original paint . Experts kindly let me know how much I should offer for this car.
you please post detailed photos of the car ,then only there is meaning in talking about offers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks