Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 16:10   #1966
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
The guy is asking for 12.5 Lacs for the Fiat 1500 convertible phew.
The front end is battered.

Saw a totally original complete one advertised for around Rs 10l in Germany
Old 8th February 2010, 16:11   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What would be your idea of a good price ?
Old 8th February 2010, 16:18   #1968
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
What would be your idea of a good price ?
You can't tell unless one examines car. If complete, except for that front end, maybe 3-4 L assuming a total strip respray is required. I'm no expert
Old 8th February 2010, 16:32   #1969
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Don't know if folks here know about these 2 vehicles...

A 1966 Fiat convertible available for sale.
1966 Fiat 1500 convertible - Mumbai - Cars

A 1933 model B ford
1933 Ford Model B - Bangalore - Cars

NOTE: I came across the ads while browsing the internet. So have no more clue about these.
oho so this has landed up in bombay. it used to be parked in a house in mysore for a number of years. never saw it used. i know the then owner of the car and he told me he had some probs with the twin cam engine of the car and was running it for sometime with a gypsy engine. he must have transplanted the original one back. its not worth 12 lakhs in this condition. its a spyder version if im not mistaken,
Old 8th February 2010, 16:37   #1970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
oho so this has landed up in bombay. it used to be parked in a house in mysore for a number of years. never saw it used. i know the then owner of the car and he told me he had some probs with the twin cam engine of the car and was running it for sometime with a gypsy engine. he must have transplanted the original one back. its not worth 12 lakhs in this condition. its a spyder version if im not mistaken,
I also remember the car in Pune for a fair amount of time, with Gypsy engine.
Old 8th February 2010, 16:56   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Owner told me she needs to be painted and some mechanical work, all trim is in place but the way she is parked tells me a lot of trim & interior is &#@"@$. also as Ajmat stated the front grill etc seems not authentic trim wise seems indegenised

He told me it has the original engine and the car is still with the same guy in Mysore I spoke to him today. The guy was very keen to know who was my local Mysore (to check it out) guy was which kinda explains the engine swap mentioned above as the guy fears history will be out

Wasif to answere you question I think I would peg it with what Ajmat stated that to intact which this car is not so I say less in the current state ( take out some value from the 3-4 lacs figure). BUT if the car was Indian Show Worthy = like she was intact with good paint I would go to 6 at best. That too is subjective I have still to see a showworthy one, even the Mumbai one now orange too is no great shakes, infact frame is misalligned if you ask me. The bangelore one shown else where in tbhp falls into a good car category with potential to become International Show worthy standards

My defination of international show worthy or car above 6 lacs is a red pagoda SL in bandra pali - I have seen this car inside out every single piece is either replaced or refurbished to orignal spec (i heard it went out of india for rebuild but doubt it, I think everything was shipped in work done in india) I mean the real deal of what one would see anywhere in the first world (please note SL is just an example for type of restoration often heavily diluted or piggy backed by mee toos on this forum and not its value)

Last edited by canonball : 8th February 2010 at 17:10.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:34   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I saw a nice 1991 Padmini in front of our apartment being "tuned up" by a couple of mechanics yesterday and had a look at it and spoke to the owner who said his son was buying a new car and was going to give him his old/new car so he would be selling the Padmini. I believe he bought it new.

If anyone is interested I will go over and check it out more closely and take photos.
I spoke to the gentleman today to go & see the car and take photos. He said his son won't be buying a new car for a while so he is having some paint work done on it and will keeping it for now.

Will still go and see it after it comes back and take photos to post.
Old 8th February 2010, 20:55   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not bad the car seems to be appreciating without any changes.Here are some more photos when she was in Mysore, cost was 12 lacks. I was told the engine was original then, the rims are not. I spoke to the owner myself. I made an offer which was obviously not accepted.

I just noticed it is posted by the same guy who I spoke to in Mysore. So the car is probably still there.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn1302.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-dscn1303.jpg  

Last edited by the mole : 8th February 2010 at 20:58.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:49   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
allana, sorry to correct you.although the criteria vary,the generally accepted one is those manufactured before 1940 are vintage and between 1940 and 1960 are CLASSICS and between 1960 and 1970 -recent classics.
I dont know from where you got the "25 years"" definition of classic.
By that yardstick MarutiSS80 would have been a classic. I dont know if you are aware or not but despite being one of the most viewed thread in the post1950 section,it was removed just because it did not fit the "classic "" criterion.
LANCER COLT is not at all a classic. for that matter even 1970's toyota/nissan can never be called classic now.of course some models of the 70''s and 80's are definitely "Collectibles""
Cars of the '70s '80s '90s can also be called "modern classics" where they were produced in small numbers or various other reasons, like you said "collectibles". Example:- My E320 Cabrio 1994 is a Modern classic.
Old 9th February 2010, 18:59   #1975
BHPian

Hey, i have a general query. There is a 1964 Ford Zodiac Mark III at my home town in Belgaum. It is in a complete wasted condition. Do you think it is possible to resurrect it to a running condition? I mean, the car is dumped at the factory which my relatives have completely neglected. It has no seats, broken windows, engine i am not sure. Will post a pic if I can get one some time soon. Will this classify as a classic piece is renewed? Also what is the approx amount involved in restoring a car like that?
Old 9th February 2010, 21:08   #1976
Senior - BHPian

@rjalihal: Hi, the car you mention can certainly be classified as a collectible classic. Please do post detailed pictures to gauge her overall condition. Whether you can get her back in mint condition or not, depends on how much is missing in terms of parts, trim, engine, etc, as I believe most would be difficult to source in India.
Is this how the car looks ?
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-zodiac.jpg  

Old 9th February 2010, 22:58   #1977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hey, i have a general query. There is a 1964 Ford Zodiac Mark III at my home town in Belgaum. It is in a complete wasted condition. Do you think it is possible to resurrect it to a running condition? I mean, the car is dumped at the factory which my relatives have completely neglected. It has no seats, broken windows, engine i am not sure. Will post a pic if I can get one some time soon. Will this classify as a classic piece is renewed? Also what is the approx amount involved in restoring a car like that?
This car is not a collectible, just because old, not many seen, some may like to collect. If you like the car, there is a complete car for sale. Send me a PM and I will put you on to the broker.
You will not get spares easily, the glasses will have to be made, an expense. Better to buy the complete car.
The car should look like what SuperSelect has posted.

Cheers harit
Old 9th February 2010, 23:26   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hi dude, I visit Belgaum often for work and will be there in a week or two if you want I can take a look at it and help you make a decision. But as Harit has said its not worth breaking your back to get it restored as you are likely to find one in a better condition.
Old 9th February 2010, 23:52   #1979
BHPian

Ford Tannus -1966

A 1966 Ford Tannus Station Wagon is for Sale. Photos are attached here. For further information please contact the owner Air Marshal CKS Raje, Mobile No. 9810115937 or E-mail: pushparaje@hotmail.com. The asking price is about 1.5 Lakhs, but the car may be yours for about One Lakh. This is a single owner car and the owner is selling this car as he is not able to lookafter the car anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Cars available for purchase-tanus-2.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-tanus-3.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-tanus-4.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-tanus-5.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-tanus-6.jpg  

Classic Cars available for purchase-taunus-1.jpg  

Old 10th February 2010, 03:40   #1980
BHPian

There is a FORD MUSTANG 1985 V8 GT CONVERTIBLE SuperCharger Included * in the Classifieds section / Luxury & Imports by me check it out
email me if any questions suren_joshi@hotmail.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks