Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 13:13   #1921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Such a thing does not exist.

If memory serves me right they were produced in large numbers and driven into the ground. How can there be a "one of a kind" car !
everyone knows that Premier 118NE was MASS produced.
what Pawan meant is clear that is it should be a car in stock condition,which is rare in the case of 118 NE so he mentioned"one of a kind"".I know of 1or 2 such cars in kerala.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:00   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't it be much easier to post your requirments in plain understandable english rather than those "one of a kind" type of statments.

The poster opens himself up to many questions if it is not done in a proper and efficient manner

I would have said " looking for a Premier 118NE in and around Bangalore in exceptionally mint condition"

BTW ther was never any "Premier Padmini 118NE" ever marketed by PAL. their other model was the Permier Padmini then the Premier 118NE
Old 12th January 2010, 14:09   #1923
BHPian

Desperately seeking a 180b Ponton

Hello,

Without being ambiguous, I'm looking for a Ponton in a reasonably good condition (i.e. engine and mechanicals) the interiors can be done up later. I had identified a couple of 180b's in Delhi, but in all cases the owner's expectations were (in my opinion) unreasonable.

If anyone can help me locate a nice Ponton it would be highly appreciated.

duke
Old 12th January 2010, 16:04   #1924
BHPian

This is a quality car.

Must be a worth a lot.

Is it for sale at all ?
Old 12th January 2010, 18:13   #1925
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishorelal View Post
everyone knows that Premier 118NE was MASS produced.
what Pawan meant is clear that is it should be a car in stock condition,which is rare in the case of 118 NE so he mentioned"one of a kind"".I know of 1or 2 such cars in kerala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Wouldn't it be much easier to post your requirments in plain understandable english rather than those "one of a kind" type of statments.

The poster opens himself up to many questions if it is not done in a proper and efficient manner

I would have said " looking for a Premier 118NE in and around Bangalore in exceptionally mint condition"

BTW ther was never any "Premier Padmini 118NE" ever marketed by PAL. their other model was the Permier Padmini then the Premier 118NE
good i've put lot of brains working on overdrive with my requirement.

Sorry guys, i am looking to buy a stock , very original, Premier 118NE.

This is for a good friend of mine.
Old 12th January 2010, 22:18   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
good i've put lot of brains working on overdrive with my requirement.

Very good pavan...now to be a little further specific- petrol or diesel?
Old 12th January 2010, 23:07   #1927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pavan,
Early 118 NE's came with front quarter glasses. They have those lovely "period Fiat" looks. If possible, try to get one of those for your friend. A few examples still survive, I've seen one in Pune and one in Mumbai.

Most 118 NEs are so rust prone though - we had a standing joke at my mechanic's place - "by the time you finish scraping an NE, the first end is rusting again."
Lovely car though, nice engine and transmission. Good to drive, and comfortable to sit in.
Old 13th January 2010, 10:35   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hi Pavan,
Early 118 NE's came with front quarter glasses. They have those lovely "period Fiat" looks. If possible, try to get one of those for your friend. A few examples still survive, I've seen one in Pune and one in Mumbai.

Most 118 NEs are so rust prone though - we had a standing joke at my mechanic's place - "by the time you finish scraping an NE, the first end is rusting again."
Lovely car though, nice engine and transmission. Good to drive, and comfortable to sit in.
118NE's were olf Fiats 124 or 125, after which the dies were sent to Spain, SEAT. Then they came to India, i.e. third hand. Engine and gearbox were Nissan units, had to be good. There was also some issues with import of the engine.
Premier did not do any rust preventive measures whatsoever. Almost all cars eventually had the taillights falling out it one did not fix them immediately. S lots of Contessa lights were fitted. Their product was shoddy, service even worse, but one did not have much choice.
The rust was an inbuilt accessory, compulsory on every car.
Why would anyone want one beats me, but wherever you go to buy one, avoid cars from coastal areas.

Cheers harit

What a coincidence, this is post 1100, a significant number for Fiat/Premier fans. And talking about a Premier product.

Last edited by harit : 13th January 2010 at 10:37.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:07   #1929
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Confusion. It is either a Premier Padmini, or a 118NE. Fiat guys are more into Padmini's.
Quote:
A small favour from the Fiat guys requested.

Needed urgently " Premier Padmini 118NE" Completely stock, needs to be one of its kind.
@ Pavan Kadam: As Harit said, Permier Padmini and Premier 118NE are two different cars. I guess you are interested in the 118NE ! Will ask some of our Club members to inform about any car for sale and soon will PM you.
Old 13th January 2010, 20:38   #1930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
118NE's were olf Fiats 124 or 125, after which the dies were sent to Spain, SEAT. Then they came to India, i.e. third hand. Engine and gearbox were Nissan units, had to be good. There was also some issues with import of the engine.
PAL had bought the Nissan Engine (118 for the 1179cc engine and NE for Nissan Engine)at a dirt cheap price of some Rs 50 L.
And as far as rusting is concerned the Premier Padminis were all the same. I once test drove a second hand 1994 Padmini 137D sometime in 2002. Its driver's side front door when opened, revealed a huge rusted hole on the car's body due to corrosion on the lower part of the A pillar.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:09   #1931
Distinguished - BHPian

Morris Minor 1952

Came to know of this 1952 Minor being on sale. Papers are said to be clear, and the car is in running condition.

Car is possibly in Solapur. I do not have any more details of this car, but can find out if anybody wants this. I may be going to Solapur next weekend. You can even meet me there to check it out.

Classic Cars available for purchase-mm1952-f3q.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-mm1952-side1.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-mm1952-rear.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-mm1952-dashboard.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-mm1952-engine1.jpg
Old 15th January 2010, 17:55   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
PAL had bought the Nissan Engine (118 for the 1179cc engine and NE for Nissan Engine)at a dirt cheap price of some Rs 50 L.
And as far as rusting is concerned the Premier Padminis were all the same. I once test drove a second hand 1994 Padmini 137D sometime in 2002. Its driver's side front door when opened, revealed a huge rusted hole on the car's body due to corrosion on the lower part of the A pillar.
BTW sirji 118NE was not 1179 cc but it was 1171cc power plant
Old 15th January 2010, 19:03   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Came to know of this 1952 Minor being on sale. Papers are said to be clear, and the car is in running condition.

Car is possibly in Solapur. I do not have any more details of this car, but can find out if anybody wants this. I may be going to Solapur next weekend. You can even meet me there to check it out.
I have doubts about the year. By 1952, OHV came to the market, but from the image it seems it is having side valves. So, probably it is pre 1949. Though, the images of the engine is not very clear. Can we have more images of the engine.
Old 15th January 2010, 19:28   #1934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindajp View Post
I have doubts about the year. By 1952, OHV came to the market, but from the image it seems it is having side valves. So, probably it is pre 1949. Though, the images of the engine is not very clear. Can we have more images of the engine.
as per my info, the sidevalve 803cc Mseries engine was replaced by the OHV Aseries(A for austin) in the month of December 1952.I am not cent percent sure about this.But one thing is sure it cannot be pre 1950 because till 1950 all MM were lowlite models
Old 15th January 2010, 20:20   #1935
Distinguished - BHPian

Two more images of the engine, but may not be enough :

Classic Cars available for purchase-mm1952-engine2.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-mm1952-engine3.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks